What Type Of Phone Do You Use?

small

Aug 5, 2014
i currently use a 40 year old wall phone, i think i win the old person award

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S4. Unfortunately I got it just a couple weeks before the S5 came out without realizing it. Ah well, still a good phone. I have sprint, so my bill is much cheaper than it used to be with verizon, though the internet service is much spottier. But that's not the phone's fault.

Trude

Nov 26, 2012
Capitalized on the announcement of the iPhone 6 by buying a 5S from someone who thought their resale price would plummet as soon as the 6 was on the market. Got it at max capacity and unlocked for 50% retail.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
S3 here, i got it a while back and it still runs just fine, not a single scratch on the screen so i'm not too eager to replace it. It also serves as my mp3 player, after 10 hours of playing music i have around 60% of battery left so all is good. If i were to replace it then it would probably be Note 4 or LG G3, but i'm worried that i would wreck it since it's too damn big to keep in my pocket.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Scarim Coral said:
Heck I am still trying get used to it (I bought it last Winter)!
Have you tried changing the launcher? I haven't personally had the chance to see if it improves the experience on a Samsung phone (never owned one), but the last time I had to temporarily use someone's Samsung phone (can't remember exactly which one), I was tempted to change the launcher to make it easier to navigate and use.

So yeah, I'd just type in "Launcher" on the Google Play Store and try different ones out. I personally haven't bothered to permanently change from the Google Now Launcher, but I did really enjoy Action Launcher and found the Nova Launcher to be all right. I guess you could also get one of the Windows 8 or iOS launchers just to be funny.

tm96

Feb 1, 2014
I use an Xperia Z1 Compact. Its just the Z1 in a smaller frame with everything the full size Z1 has barring the 1080p screen.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
iPhone 4s. I've had it for like two or three years now. Durable as hell, but the latest OS updates have slowed it to crawl. I plan on upgrading to a iPhone 6+ in the coming weeks. Apple products may be over-priced as hell, but I love 'em.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Nokia Lumia 1020. I love it, got a great camera, decent battery life (for a smart phone) and it generally suits all my needs.

I wouldn't recommend it though since you do get limited app support compared to iOS and Android phones.

If you just want a music player you could go for a SanDisk Sansa Clip which is really practical. You can clip it on your clothes if you don't have pockets and they are fairly cheap. Using your phone as a music player can really drain battery power so I prefer having a separate music player.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I have a Galaxy S5. It's been pretty great.

Before this one I had a LG Spectrum 2 and before that a Spectrum 1 that stopped working. So far I'm much happier with the Samsung phone.

It's decent on battery life, though I won't pretend it's the best. And if you have any other Samsung SMART devices, it works in concert with them. For example I can start a video on my phone and send it to the app on my television. It's a silly little feature that is more fun to use than it probably should be.

I got my phone through Verizon. It was pretty expensive, but I bought it when they'd just come out and at the time I just wanted the best newest phone more than I wanted a bargain. I have a buddy that still uses his S4 and he has nothing but good things to say about it. So I'm going to assume the line has been good for a while even if you don't want to spring for the top of the line.

I use AMAZON music with the phone as an alternative to my old iPod which I never cared much for. I don't really like Apple so I try to never use them unless there is just no other viable option. But this works decent enough at the gym to listen to music while I run the treadmill or the stationary bike (which is pretty much the only time I listen to music anymore).

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
My old Nokia E71.

I had a smartphone and it broke because of still mysterious reasons. My reaction: 'fuck this shit, if this is upgrading, get me my old one'.

Seriously, the battery life on this thing is absolutely amazing.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
MysticSlayer said:
Scarim Coral said:
Have you tried changing the launcher? I haven't personally had the chance to see if it improves the experience on a Samsung phone (never owned one), but the last time I had to temporarily use someone's Samsung phone (can't remember exactly which one), I was tempted to change the launcher to make it easier to navigate and use.

So yeah, I'd just type in "Launcher" on the Google Play Store and try different ones out. I personally haven't bothered to permanently change from the Google Now Launcher, but I did really enjoy Action Launcher and found the Nova Launcher to be all right. I guess you could also get one of the Windows 8 or iOS launchers just to be funny.
I haven't heard of the launcher until you mention it. From what I see, it's kinda like a desktop for the smartphone?

Either way, I don't really need it as I had change the layout to my liking on the Samsung like e.g. the Xperia Ray had this exclusive app that display my text on the main screen (since I do text more than I call) but the Samsang doesn't have one so I added one.

It's the minor trivial things that I have to get used to like there are no letter on the 0 button but there were on Xperia Ray and for some reason I find it harder to typed on the new phone eventhough it's better than the last one! Worse of all, all the 3G button are located on the notifcation area when you slide down when I had them on a seperate widgets on one of the screens! Took me a day to find that out!

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
I'm using a Samsung SIII at the moment. I'm very happy with it, so my next phone will also be a Samsung.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I've a Sony Experia and it's a great phone. Nice big screen for looking at pictures and watching videos on, and a great battery life too. It used to last 2 whole days before I dropped it by accident, but even damaged it still gets a good 18 odd hours which is better than most phones.

The battery life is the only drawback which is the case for all smartphones. That's why I take my old Nokia (It can last up to a week), with my when I go on camping trips with the Scouts as a Beaver Leader. It's important that I can contact parents at any time and them me should there be an emergency, which a smart phone just can't guarantee, at least not when you're in remote areas without access to power outlets.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
I have an iPhone 4s.
unfortunately it is locked to a uk company for another month or so (i'm now in the US), this means I am having to get by on wifi.
It's either that or pay £1.50 a minute to call/receive a call and £1.50 to send/receive a text :(

overall it's a decent phone though, I like the layout and features. This is the first phone I have owned in about 5 years, the last was a crappy flip up.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Scarim Coral said:
MysticSlayer said:
Scarim Coral said:

I haven't heard of the launcher until you mention it. From what I see, it's kinda like a desktop for the smartphone?
Yeah, they essentially are a way to overhaul the Home screen. They can do things like change the layout, animations, icons, etc. Many of them also provide themes that aren't available on some of the more standard launchers. Essentially, at least among the more powerful launchers, they allow you the fullest level of customization that a non-rooted Android device allows.

for some reason I find it harder to typed on the new phone eventhough it's better than the last one!
I have a friend who absolutely refuses to use the keyboard that comes on Samsung devices and always changes to the Google keyboard with a new phone. I'm not exactly sure why, though, just that he has something against Samsung's keyboard. As a result, I'm not sure if changing the keyboard will fix your problem, but it might be worth a try.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
MysticSlayer said:
I already have since I cannot saved my life trying to text on the phone using the keyboard style so I reverted back to the oldschool phone text layout! It just for some reason in that layout there are no letters on number 0 since 7 and 9 get an extra letter so it can get confusing at times.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I have a Sony Xperia E1. It is a fairly cheap phone and it does everything it needs to. I do use an Apple iPod classic for my music though, as I have had it for ages.