What Type Of Phone Do You Use?

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Solaire of Astora said:
I use a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Got it summer of last year and I'm quite satisfied with it. I can't even remember what my previous phones were. They were ok, but they got bricked fairly quickly. This one's working quite well for me.

EDIT: Except for the fact that I have tiny hands that sometimes don't work very well with the size of the phone.
S4 here as well and I have the exact opposite problem of phones not accommodating to my large fingers.

I switched to it from my previous Galaxy S1, though aside from the performance boost, the functionality has barely changed at all >.>

But hey, the upgrade (thanks to a few wise financial decisions) was only £100 so I ain't complaining <.<

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
I have an iPhone 5. I never would have picked it for myself; it was a birthday present a few years ago not long after it came out. I'm not complaining, it does what it was made to do. I like the size. Has a lot of little glitches and crashes though, for some reason more now than back when it was brand new. Also the custom case I bought for it seems to be permanently affixed to the phone. I don't think I'd be able to pry it off without snapping either it or the phone. So it's fortunate that I really like the case.

If it had been my choice, I would've just gotten a very basic phone for texting and making the occasional call, honestly. I don't need all the functionality that smartphones boast and I barely have any data with the plan my parents put it on anyway. However, now that I've been spoiled by one, I'd probably pick a Samsung Galaxy in the future.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
I use the Galaxy S 4 as well, the only issue that I really have with it is that I don't like the Play Music app and I've been too lazy to check the android market so I still walk around with my Zune. Data plans can get pretty expensive though.

Sep 9, 2007
I use a rather battered looking Samsung C5220. It's got chipped paint all over and the charger port cover snapped off sometime last year, but it still works perfectly and that's all I need.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Galaxy S5 for me currently. Haven't had it that long, but no complaints. Great camera, very useable battery life, and can disable a lot of the useless 'features'. Auto screen brightness behaves itself for the most part. Call quality, wifi signal, GPS all better than anything I've used. It's expensive, and not worth the upgrade from an S4, but does the job for me.

DocJ

What am I doing here?
Jun 3, 2014
I have a Nokia Lumia...1020? I think? One of the Lumias with a big ass camera. 41 megapixels, on a phone! It's great. I also have an Iphone 4S that has been demoted to an ipod when I got the Lumia. I am still proud that I never updated the 4S to the new crappy IOS.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
HTC One M7. Got it used but still pretty good condition on ebay.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one-5313.php

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
If you're for looking cheap and still functional, I can recommend the Motorola Moto E, or the Moto G if you want a slightly upgraded version of it. I got my Moto E for ?120 and the G goes for around ?170 I believe or your regional equivalent.

For that money you get a medium-sized, basic bar-model smartphone with neigh-stock Android 4.4 with 5.0 coming soon if Motorola is to be believed. It does all the basic functions of smartphone-ing well, but don't expect really heavy to run very smoothly as it 'just' has a dual-core CPU and 1GB RAM. Apparently that's not top-of-the-bill these days. Sheesh, I remember having a laptop that was shittier than this... But I use it for things like mobile banking, Spotify, checking public transport schedules, news apps, checking my mail, WhatsApp, that sort of thing. And for such things it performs very smoothly and very well.

It's also very sturdy, which for clumsy ol' me is a very big plus. Lots of smartphones, especially models with screens above 4", are pretty fragile. And to top it off, it's battery life is, for a smartphone, amazing. It lasts like two days with moderate use. Downsides? For actual use I'd say it's only the mediocre camera without a flash and the lack of a front-cam. But personally I care fairly little about that anyway. I don't care for 'selfies' and when I have to make an actual good picture I have an actual camera for that.

So yeah, it's a simple, no-nonsense smartphone that does everything you expect from a basic smartphone and more. I love it.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I still use a crappy LG Optimus One. I don't actually feel like getting a new phone though. I'd rather buy a new MP3 playing device.

http://www.lg.com/uk/images/lg-mobile-phones/p500/gallery/medium01.jpg

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Galaxy S4
I'm pretty sure I don't even use half of its features since I got to get a free phone as part of my plan I figured I'd pick the most expensive one. Plus, I already have an iPod touch so I didn't see much point in getting an iPhone. I'm loving the big screen on my S4.

visiblenoise

Jul 2, 2014
I'm using some crappy old Samsung feature phone, but I just ordered a 1st gen Moto X (for the smaller size). I really did not want to get a big phone.

The Sony Xperia Z3 Compact would have been my dream phone, but I read that a lot of people seemed to be having problems with the screen and case cracking really easily, and since I'm not buying from a carrier I'd be dealing with Sony's shoddy customer service if I ever got unlucky. So I decided against that.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Some shitty Samsung burner phone because it's cheap and I have a laptop. It doesn't always get calls and texts, so it's a problem, but I can't afford anything better.

FrozenCones

Dec 31, 2009
I recently made the switch from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy 5s. I dont want to succumb to the Apple vs Android fight since both phones have their merits but I am definitely enjoying the change.

Augustine

Jun 21, 2012
iPhone 4S.

It served me well, and integrates well with my DSLR and iPad. Plus I have a wide app legacy to choose from.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Sony Experia Z2... with a huge SD card so I can watch tv shows during my lunch break

ForumSafari

Sep 25, 2012
I use a Lumia 930. It's pretty cool, though I miss some of the features from its' predecessor.

I'm a big Windows Phone fan, love everything about it except the lack of apps for certain things and the fact that the WiFi chipset doesn't support wireless surveying. Could also use a wider choice of VPN support and encryption without an Exchange server.

poundingmetal74

Mar 30, 2009
Nexus 4. Still incredibly snappy and receiving updates nearly 3 years after it came out. Love the size of it and the battery life is still excellent.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
I've just come from a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which while a great phone became horribly laggy and slow after 2 years.

Just upgraded to a Nexus 6 32GB Midnight Blue and it's like day and night, not to mention the battery life is 20 times better than the Note 2 (which had a bit of a bigger battery). I've had this running on the battery since this 7am morning, connected but not playing music to my car via bluetooth for an hour and after 6 hours it still has 91% battery. the Note would be 70% by now.

Timeless Lavender

Lord of Chinchilla
Feb 2, 2015
I am using Blackberry Z10. Please I beg you, do not asked me why. Well..... It is not that bad but..... its Blackberry >_>
My sister have Samsung galaxy 5, and according to her, it is a very good and serviceable phone.