What upcoming games are you looking forward to?

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
Last time I checked, this was a site about games, so lets talk games, fudge yeah!

As the title says, my question is thus: What new releases are you looking forward to and why?

I'm sadly underinformed and therefore can't give many examples, but Evolve looks mighty fun and I would love to give it try. In the same vein Shadow Realms has my tentative interest, because there are many ways this could be so good but about as many ways for it to turn out really bad. I'm not ready to pass judgement before seeing atleast some gameplay videos.

So, what other AAA christmass release or hidden indie gem in the makings is worth keeping my eyes on?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Arkham Knight and Kingdom Hearts 3.
Games I can actually play for lack of a current-gen console? Far Cry 4, The Evil Within, Dying Light, Alien: Isolation, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and there's probably a few others I'm forgetting about. I'm interested in Assassin's Creed: Rogue in principle since they seem to be keeping the naval mechanic introduced in Black Flag.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, I loved borderlands 2 its just hard to play the same over and over after 400 hours.

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes. Hated them when they first came out but I'll give them another chance. I just didn't like the short post game. I hope they include the post game from Emerald.

The Crew, It looks like a updated version of Need for Speed World. I loved that game until the hackers came in. I hope since its on console the environment is closed off from hackers more.

In the Off future both of the Xenoblade games, the one on Wii U and the remake for the "new 3DS."

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I'm personally looking forward to Shantae: Half Genie Hero. I enjoyed the first one, and I just started the second one. Plus, the kickstarter goal made enough so they can add three extra playable characters in addition to playing as both Shantae and Risky.

Also intrigued by Persona 5 and Kingdom Hearts 3.

Inglorious891

Dec 17, 2011

Bayonetta 2.

Bayonetta 2 Bayonneta 2 Bayonetta 2.

The first is one of the funniest games I've played and had the good ol' adrenaline pumping more than any game or movie or any piece of media I've consumed. I got a Wii U and a TV with the main intent of playing this game (altough Wind Waker HD is more enjoyable then I was expecting), so I'm pretty hyped as you can imagine.

Platinum hasn't made a truly bad game yet and I doubt they will here.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Persona 5 - Didn't watch the new trailer for fear of wasting my time thinking about nothing else for the next few days.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Hopefully will be good. Development time has been long enough that they should come up with something decent. Should anyway

And possibly the Game of Thrones Telltale game. I know it probably makes me weird, but the episodic release schedule for Wolf Among Us sort of ruined it for me (although that sounds melodramatic). It meant that exams hit when the last couple of episodes got released. And I still haven't played them, despite playing through the first two episodes multiple times.

thundra

Aug 19, 2014
Metal gear solid 5 phantom pain because i really love stealth genre and have not had my fix for long time, bloodborne its made by amazing miyazaki and it looks creepy as fuck, arkham knight its arkham batman game thats closest thing to batman you can get.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
The only thing really registering on my radar is Destiny. But I am super poor right now and I don't really want to blow heaps of cash on a new game (plus a subscription so I can play the thing online, not to mention maybe getting a new console for it. Sigh).

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
Off the top of my head, I'm looking forward to Blooborne, Arkham Knight, Dead Island 2, and Shadows of Mordor.

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
I'm mostly looking forward to Wasteland 2 that's due out sometime this month hopefully. I really didn't want to play the early release as I'd rather wait til it's complete and stable, so I'm hoping they don't push back the release date again. Pillars of Eternity is coming next year and I also can't wait for the last half of Broken Age as I've put off starting it til it's done.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
Never Alone, really excited for this one.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/295790/?snr=1_4_4__105_7

Firewatch, PC exclusive story driven first person mystery.

Dreadnaught, like Wing Commander, but capital ships.

Kona, survival horror in Northern Quebec, you can download the demo at the kickstarter page.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/studioparabole/kona-a-survival-adventure-game

The Hum, alien invasion survival horror.
https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/989935/video-421771-h264_high.mp4

Dollhouse
http://store.steampowered.com/app/280850/?snr=1_4_4__105_8

Raven's Cry
http://store.steampowered.com/app/281130/?snr=1_4_4__105_5

From AAA there is slim pickings as usual.

Alien: Isolation

Maybe

Evil Within
Dying Light

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Shadow of Mordor?
Game of thrones tell tale edition?

All of my games are out in some sense.

Incognita/Invisible Inc. is in early access
Same with Clockwork Empires and Door Kickers.

I have mostly been playing path of exile, swat 3, thief 2 and other similar games. For some reason not really getting pumped for any new games.

I would add Bayonetta 2 but I would have to buy a wii u.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Recently there haven't been too many games that I'm really hyped for; partly because there's not much coming out that interests me and partly because I'm kinda content with playing the games I have now.

Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth is is the one that I'm really looking forward to. I fear it's going to be like Civ IV and V in that it'll need several expansions for it to reach its full potential, but it looks good enough to stand on it's own until more content for it comes out. I don't expect it to be as good as Alpha Centauri but that's a pretty high bar to reach. Probably gonna pre-order it later, since I'm pretty sure I'll be buying it eventually.

I'm also tentatively keeping an eye on Dragon Age: Inquisition. I'm a lot more wary about Bioware games after ME 2 & 3 as well as DA 2, but Inquisition looks to actually be a step back in the right direction. Still going to be cautious about the whole thing and if it ends up not being that great, I'll probably skip it.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
There are quite a few games I'm looking forward to...so here's a list in no particular order:

Arkham Knight
Bayonetta 2
Far Cry 4
Hyrule Warriors
Lego Batman 3
Pokemon ASOR
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros Four (3DS & Wii U)
Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call
Watch_Dogs (Wii U)
Yoshi's Wooly World
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Zelda U

...I only just realized that The Evil Within and, Destiny are going to be released on the current gen consoles...I mean, PS3/360...Why? I'm not anticipating those games but weren't those and, Far Cry 4 and, Wolfenstein the New One etc meant to be next gen?

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Arkham Knight, Grim Dawn (well, I guess I should say I'm excited for the rest of the game), Clockwork Empires, Witcher 3, Far Cry 4, and Dragon Age: Inquisition are pretty much at the top of my list.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
You'll have to pardon me if I mention games that have come out already.

Anything Koei. I frikking -love- Koei.

Bayonetta 2.

Fantasy Life.

Senran Kagura's rumored to be coming to PS4, which makes me happy.

New Xenoblade game is supposed to be coming out.

Heck, if it has Gender select, I'm in. If it lets you play as a female character, I'm down. At least as far as consoles and handhelds go. My laptop can't even run sims 2 smoothly, so I'm not all that interested in PC gaming.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
Dream. I backed it on Kickstarter ages ago but I refuse to play an early build for it. I feel like that would diminish what could otherwise be a great experience.

No Man's Sky. Seriously, look at it. Listen to what the devs are saying about it. Who could NOT be excited for this?

TUG. Again, a game I backed on Kickstarter and that is also in early access. I don't want to play this until it's complete or near-complete, since it still seems to have barely anything actually implemented yet.

small

Aug 5, 2014
Dead state, limit theory, wasteland 2, project eternity, torment <- all the kickstarters i backed

im also keen to see the new directors cut of shadowrun returns dragonfall. the expansion is one of the best rpgs ive ever played so im really looking forward to that

my major one however is cyberpunk 2077

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Right now the sole game I am desperate to get my hands on is Hyrule Warriors. Already have it pre-purchased and preordered. All there is left to do is wait for it to be released and pick it up day one.

I love me some Dynasty Warriors and Zelda. Seemed like the perfect game for me.