What Video Game has Eaten The Most Time in your Life?

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Ocarina of time, and it's alternate version, Master Quest, what with the fact that I have played through it, start to finish (but often with minimal hearts, bottles, no Big-Gorons Sword, etc), over 100 times. And Master Quest an aditional... what was it? Something like 16 times.

Yeah, I haven't played in nearly 2 years, now.

caz105

Feb 22, 2009
Probably either Pokemon Sapphire, LOZ:Windwaker, Runescape or Rome:TW. All fine games, daamn fine if I say so myself.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Armroed Core. I spent years and years on it, buying every single game I could. I think it cost me well over 3000 dollars. And yes, I believe I actually outplayed The Zelda series with it.

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
Robyrt said:
Gold: One Must Fall 2097
Silver: Total Annihilation
Bronze: Oblivion
I am astounded! You know OMF, you must be a being of pure excellence. I've spent quite a few tads and bits of my life on that too, it's such a marvelously wonderful game. Yay for youth sentiment. :)

But the most time I've spent on a single game must be Unreal Tournament 2004. I've got a recorded amount from Xfire of about 1250 hours, and I have played it many more times. I suppose it must be around 2000 hours in total. That's over eighty days of continuous play. Though I bet that's nothing for some people around..

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
DaBozz said:
Pokemon, 999hours 59minutes is alot of my life wasted.
it might have been longer but the play time clock stops at that.
Haha, you trooper.
I think it's Oblivon taking the #1 spot, with Mass Effect and Pokemon Crystal (an old record) tied for second.

CPU3

Jul 25, 2008
Defiantly the Pokemon series, Pokemon Gold and Pearl got 400+ hours of play time each, whilst Pokemon Ruby I got to 300 hours, then used a Gameshark to reset it, then got it to 300 hours again! And that's just the Pokemon games I can remember. I've had one from every generation since Blue, each one with >300 hours!

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Oblivion would take the #1 verifiable spot, with over 200 hours logged on the 360 version and another hundred or so on the PC. Also, I logged around 200 hours on Pokemon Blue back in the day.

These might be beaten by plastic guitar games, via a combination of games from the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series (though I would guess that I played GH2 more than any other, having had it on both PS2 and 360), but obviously these don't log play time so I can't really verify it.

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
Let's see...as a kid it was probably Sonic 2 on the Genesis. Great platformer, and I went crazy trying to get all the emeralds.

In my earlier teens it was Baldur's Gate and the sequels. Truly one of the best RPGs all around and I logged in well over 1000+ hours on the combined games with various characters.

Later teens would have to be Morrowind. By far Bethesda's best entry in the Elder Scroll series. When I hated Oblivion so much, I returned to Morrowind and vowed not to abandon it again for its dumber older brother.

And the most recent game to consume much of my gaming time is Mass Effect, which I discovered only recently due to my friends' yammering about how awful and cutscene-laden it is (the last part is true, but they're good cutscenes so I don't mind in the least). I should have trusted in the folks behind the Baldur's Gate series. I'm officially addicted, having now played through it 4 times and starting on my fifth.