What was the first game you adored?

Jun 7, 2010
i grew up with a dreamcast and i have to say my all time favourites are sreet fighter III: third strike, soulcalibur and re-volt, i stll have all three and have had great memories with my friends, its a shame dreamcast didnt use all the potential it had! :'(

Uzi-Bazooka

Jul 6, 2011
Age of Empires. I first played it when I was a year old, and since then, it's always been a huge part of my consciousness.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Age of Empires. It was the first game my parents let me have that wasn't "educational" (largely because I persuaded them that it would teach me history). I was completely blown away by it, and continued to play it to death even after my parents' anti-video-game policy started to ease up a little.

The Name's Bond

Jan 16, 2012
Crash Bandicoot 3 did it for me, I started playing it when I was three and just last year I saw it on the PSN and bought it without a second thought. The game designs is so ridiculously simple but I can't help but play it for the random extras that looked important

Sonicka

Jan 17, 2012
Spyro: The Dragon, on PS1.

I was young, he was mute, and I used to amuse my sister by doing a voice over for him and all the other characters/creatures, etc, so that she wouldn't complain and try to have a turn herself.

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
Dragon Age Origins. I came to video games fairly late in life. After running about aimlessly in Oblivion and then screaming at Mass Effect 2 because I wasn't very good at using the xbox controller yet I tried DA:O (this was all on my ex-boyfriend's xbox) and fell in love. I stayed up as long as possible at his house that night trying to play as much as possible as I was headed home the next day.

A few months later I finally had a laptop good enough to play it and it's still my favourite game.

Greni

Jun 19, 2011
Carmageddon was the first game I played for real. Certainly not the last...

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Prince of Persia or Wolfenstien 3d.

Maybe Skyroads and a load of other old DOS games I can't remember now as I must have been about 5.

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
Disgaea was probably the first game I adored, simply because it felt like it was made just for me. Everytime I played a game, i always wondered why they had limits on levels, stats, etc, and Disgaea came and knocked it all away. The hilarous storyline was just another bonus.

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
Final Fantasy VII, shortly followed by Half Life.

My god those games were amazing.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
The first game I ever got, Pokemon Yellow. A lot of the games I got early on I fell in love with.

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
Gothic 2. I should really go and buy the other games because I have no idea still what the hell was going on.

lewiswhitling

May 18, 2009
Ultra-Chronic Monstah said:
The first game I loved was, as cliched as it is, Goldeneye, but even then I couldn't just continue to play it forever. I played through Half Life and Deus Ex and loved them, but then KoTOR came along, and it was the first game I can say that I adored. It was the first game that I would defend despite the flaws and could play over and over again. As of now I've burned through 2 discs. I'm a fanboy, is what I'm saying.
Nice :) yea pretty much the same as these.. thing is, half life and deus ex were both great, and along with hl2 they were probably the games that made me most interested in the actual design of games, but kotor was something else entirely in terms of healthy obssession - played through it 4 times over a span of about 6 years. Still enjoy every second of it.

Call me Baz

Nov 26, 2011
That would have to be Shining Force II on Megadrive. I would play it perhaps every other weekend when I was about 5 or 6, on my uncle's console. In fact, I love it so much that 15 years on I have it on my PC. Not even pirated, but bought from Steam. That game is so awesome ^_^

That's closely followed by Legend of the Dragoon on PS1 and Disgaea 2 on the PS2.

I would be surprised if a Call of Duty or Battlefield made it into this list, even if you removed the "first" from the title

Steampunk Viking

Jan 15, 2010
I've always adored story driven RPG/Adventure games. In particular, I really fell into my rare "must play this game forever" trance with Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 and Mass Effect 1 & 2... I still play them all to this day when the mood takes me.

I also don't feel complete without Zelda: Link's Awakening in my collection. First real game I properly got into.

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
first game I REALLY got into was the Quest for Glory series. I just wish I could play some of those games on a modern spec PC without the game going berserk because they were made for something 10+ years past. I think Shadows of Darkness is the worst culprit if I remember right.

Maybe GoG will have them in a modern computer friendly form... I should check...

Cabboge

Mar 29, 2009
The first game I ever got completely absorbed in would actually be the Kingdom of Loathing. While it's a silly online game I can't help but fall in love with it.

An Adventurer is Me!