What was the first game you adored?

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
Golden Axe (the old Megadrive one). I was like the Harryhausen films I was obsessed with at the time, but as a game (I was 5 or 6 at the time).

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
For me, Timesplitters. My friends and I had uncounted hours of fun in the freeplay mode.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Mafia. Taught me that games shouldn't snuggle me, and that good, intelligent writing can (and should) exist within a game.

(Although I think I actually played The Sands of Time first, so perhaps that. Again, for the writing; the character development and relationship between the two in particular.)

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Timesplitters 2, the first game that made me realize that it was going to be stuck with me for a long time.

Still waiting for a TS4...

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
ChupathingyX said:
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction for the PS2.

The atmosphere, the characters, the dialogue, the music, the humour, the politics (the game that made me interested in military and world history) and the tactical freedom of the missions.
I had the exact same experience with the second one.

Poerts

Nov 18, 2009
Megaman 4. I'm not sure if it was my first videogame (I'm fairly certain that was either Deadly Towers or Super Mario Bros) but it was close, and it was the first I really got into. Probably the videogame series I have the most nostalgia for.

Philol

Nov 7, 2011
Hmm interesting it would have to be either the early Crash Bandicoot games, Halo CE, or Pokemon Blue.

Orcboyphil

Dec 25, 2008
I'm not sure on the chronology but either Walker or Lemmings on the A500. Both awesome little games that like all games that required some form of hand eye coordination I sucked at. Possibly why sims (not just The Sims), point & click, RTS and 4X where my favourite genres as a kid.

zkjarrah

Jan 19, 2012
Uhhh, most certainly Final Fantasy VII. I loved it. I was 10, and I had a save file that was 80 hours deep; it's difficult for a 10-year-old to show focus like that. Gold Chocobos. Ruby & Emerald weapon.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
The Twisted Metal and Crash Bandacoot series, seeing as there the first games I ever learned to play. I could include Spyro in there too :3

Sonicka

Jan 17, 2012
CrashBang said:
Sonicka said:
Spyro: The Dragon, on PS1.

I was young, he was mute, and I used to amuse my sister by doing a voice over for him and all the other characters/creatures, etc, so that she wouldn't complain and try to have a turn herself.
Same for me, what a fantastic game in every single way and it still holds up today!
Also Spyro wasn't mute, he spoke in cutscenes and whenever he rescued a dragon.
Ah, I meant when he was running around and such. I usually gave him a running monologue while he wandered around if my sister was in the room.

And yes, it still is a brilliant game! I still go back and play old PS1 games occasionally just because I remember some snippet of the game that I enjoyed and I want to do it again!

Xixikal

Apr 6, 2011
Pokemon Blue Version for gameboy colour, that was my first game and it sparked my love of gaming in general. Age of Empires wasn't far behind, though.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Super Smash Bros on N64, playing that at my best friends place was pretty much my introduction to gaming.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
The first Star Wars: Battlefront...

..me and my friend had week-long wars over the galaxy on that bastard! And he was always the Empire, so he always ended up just eventually destroying most of my planets and winning from that!

...asshole...