What was the first video game you EVER played

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
Mine was the first Far Cry, I was, I think 6 years old, my dad put me on the last boss fight and put a god mode cheat on, I didn't even kill anything I just spun around in circles spraying everywhere.

so escapists, what was your first game and what was the experience?

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
My first system was the Atari 2600 and I remember playing Centipede. I'll go with that. And I already feel old.

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
Mine was either Sonic 2 or Iron Man and X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal. I don't remember which was first. I played some Street Fighter 2 and Donkey Kong as a beginning gamer too.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
From what I can recall, it was most likely Super Mario World on the SNES. My brother got around to getting an SNES for Christmas when I was close to 7 and ended up playing with him eventually.

agentorange98

Aug 30, 2011
Lost Vikings 2, Norse by Norsewest, and it was awesome it's a brilliant puzzle game by Blizzard back before any of there main properties (also the characters show up in WoW) with cartoony visual style and Portal smart puzzles

Johnnydillinger

Aug 16, 2011
Despite being born in '88, the first game I've ever played was Hide And Seek (not sure about the title, though it was a hide-and-seek game) on the Atari 2600. One of our family's friends had the system, and let us all try it out. God, I must have been like, 3 or 4 years old and still remember the game VERY precisely.

EDIT - just looked it up, the title was Sneak 'n' Peek

shane211

Mar 17, 2010
I pretty sure my first game was pac-man on an arcade cabinet when I was 3 or 4.

Malconvoker

Nov 1, 2011
my first game was The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening on the original gameboy. I was probably three or four and I couldn't read any text that was there but I did remember just playing around on my dad's file and burning coo-coos with the fire wand.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Pokemon Red on a Game Boy Pocket. And I somehow finished it, despite having no clue what I was doing.

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
I don't know what it was called, but it was a DBZ fighting game. 2D stage, everything was Japanese, had characters like Spopovich and that purple guy with the pointy ears. First game I ever played. Pretty much the only fighting game I've ever enjoyed. I just wish I knew what it was called. It was on the Playstation. Piccolo had an extendo-arm attack.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Holy crap! Asking a question like that...

Let's see, it was probably an arcade game. Centipede maybe? Or Galaga? Might've been Tron.

NO! No wait! I remember, it was definitely Spades on the PC because that could actually work in that modified MS-DOS we were using. Back when they had a turbo button... that boosted my computer all the way up to 45 mhz! Top of the line right there. And then I played this weird top-down game about a cyborg dude and you had to navigate futury gear levels... that came on 12 diskettes... what was that called...

After that, I played a lot of Commander Keen until we got the NES working. That MS-DOS thing we had was cooler than the games, honestly. Instead of typing out directory commands, it would automatically run "dir" and assign a letter key to all of the folders and/or executable/batch files, usually a letter in the name. Then it would display the name of the file/folder and underline the letter associated. Made things a lot easier.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
The first mario on the Snes, Nintendo family...
*carefully starts to raise (flame)shield...*

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Pong. The console you could get at Sears that only played pong, ever. Similar to this one.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I don't remember. I have vague memories of playing this airplane based shmup on a computer that my mom borrowed and playing Zaxxon on my friend's Colecovision when I was like 5, but which of those was my first or even if either of those was my first, I cannot say.