What was the first video game you EVER played

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
MYST

Ah, yes, I remember those days. I do believe I was around five or six when I was first exposed to it. I remember the days of me and my father spending time trying to figure out how to power that confounded rocket ship! Good times... good times...
Asclepion said:
Freddi Fish is fucking awesome.
Hell yeah! Since my first exposure to gaming was MYST, it was no wonder why I loved games like Freddi Fish! :D

Unfolding Stars

Apr 17, 2011
Asclepion said:
Freddi Fish.
This! Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds. I remember playing this on our "apricot" computer when I was about 4. I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I completely forgot about it until I saw that image.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Kyrian007 said:
Pong. The console you could get at Sears that only played pong, ever.
Ha! Now this I remember well: I have not ever played the original pong. I've played newer versions. The oldest, I think , being an uppy-downy one with an actually-shaded ball.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Sonic 1 on the Sega megadrive when i was 2-3 (watched it being played by my dad when i was 1).

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
My family had a NES. I liked to play Mario even though I was really bad at it.

TheLastoftheLiving

Feb 20, 2011
In 1979 my dad built a Nascom pc from kit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nascom)
It had space invaders and a Star Trek turn based ship combat game that was amazing !

Mr. In-between

Apr 7, 2010
The first game I played, as far as I can remember, was either Galaga or Galaxian in a pizza parlor in Endicott, NY (the city that IBM poisoned).

The first CONSOLE game I played was SMB/DH for the NES when I was 4.

God, I feel old.

M4t3us

Oct 13, 2009
Kyrian007 said:
Pong. The console you could get at Sears that only played pong, ever. Similar to this one.

Same here! Hours on end playing with 9 pixels.

Zarobitt

Dec 18, 2008
The first game I ever played was the Super Nintendo version of Super Mario Bros. 3 on Super Mario All-Stars. I was three years old, barely.

Zio_IV

Not a Premium Member
Sep 17, 2011
Jurassic Park for the Sega Genesis. I've since then got a hold of many older systems and games and such, but that was the beginning for me.

Shooting dinosaurs as Dr. Grant or mauling them as the velociraptor. Fun memories...

Foxtrotk72

Feb 27, 2010
Legend of zelda ocarina of time of time on the Nintendo 64 man i love that game always throwed chicks off the edge =D

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
Asclepion said:
Freddi Fish.

Freddi Fish is fucking awesome.
I never had the full game, just a demo that came with putt putt(got a demo for pyjama sam too :D).

Still I played that demo so much, I wish I'd had the full thing.

First game for me was Dune II on my fathers DOS PC. I've loved RTS games ever since.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Most likely some very old early-90's collect-the-gems 2D platformer on my Pop's old computer. But the very first game I remember having for myself and playing by myself was Powerslide. I had just got my first computer and my grandmother decided to buy me a game to play on it.. and it was Powerslide. Man, a hell of a lot of memories for me in that game. I played through it early last year actually. Good stuff.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Super Mario land on the Gameboy pocket.

I don't know why my parents got me one but after that I was hooked.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
No frickin' clue.
Should've been the SNES at a friends house, so I guess it was Super Mario Bros. or an old Flintstones game.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
There's a picture of me on the couch holding a genesis controller and wearing my dads favorite baseball cap with a sports game on the screen and I was barely one at the time.

So, whatever that game would be?

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Codename: Droid for the Acorn Electron.
It had violence almost akin to what you see in some of the nastiest games around. While there was no blood in it due to lack of processing power in the Electron - it didn't stop you from blasting the skin off your enemies and leaving them as skeletons. (Which promptly fell to the floor.)

A gritty game back then, perhaps this is a game that's due for a re-release for consoles.