What was the first video game you EVER played

Mr. In-between

Apr 7, 2010
Dr.Susse said:
Super Mario land on the Gameboy pocket.

I don't know why my parents got me one but after that I was hooked.
I still play Super Mario Land every week or so, it's one of those timeless classics.

DewMan001

Oct 27, 2007
Worms. Ah, yes so many fond memories of booting up the computer in DOS and typing 'run worms.exe'. And then pressing space to see explosions.

And now that game is on GOG.com. My childhood has returned! EEEEEE!!!

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Super Mario Brothers, on that triple cart that had Duck Hunt and World Class Track Meet as well.

Keep in mind, this was around 1994 when this happened. Not old gamer, just a poor one.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
First EVER? Probably either the Donkey Kong arcade machine or Asteroids, the old vector-display arcade cabinet. I remember when games like Defender were new in the arcades. And stay off my lawn, you damn kids!

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
Although the playstation was already out, my dad bought my sister, brother and I a second hand NES with a big bucketful of games, which we loved. Not sure what I would have first played on it, probably super mario bros, SMB 3, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

aether-x3

Jul 15, 2010
I really cant remember. Sonic The Hedgehog for the Sega Mega Drive comes to mind, but that came out it 1991 and i was born 1993, but I remember having it.

LadyTiamat

Aug 13, 2011
PutPut, that child's game with the purple car in it....lol I annoyed my dad to play it with me.

TonkaBix

Oct 9, 2011
Mine was Sonic 1 for the Sega Master System. I was about 2 at the time so I thought it wasn't a bad effort LOL.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Either Crash Bandicoot (the first one on the PS1) or Spyro the Dragon =) Good times. We didnt have a memory card though and couldnt understand what "saving" was so for a long time we'd turn it on, start a new game, turn it off when we eventually got bored, and start another new game next time!

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
Super Mario Bros. my brother kept telling me there was a 100 lives down random holes through the first 5 stages which is as far as I ever got because I was young enough (like 4 or 5) and kept jumping down to get them :(

steve the evil

Jul 9, 2011
I think it was Super Mario All-Stars for the SNES. I don't remember which specific game I played first, but I think I played Super Mario 3 the most.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
ummm, some atari pinball game... i not quite sure actually it may have just been super mario bros./duckhunt... istarted playing those with my grandmother when i was 4 or 5 years old.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I think it was Super Mario Land on the original GameBoy when I was 7. My first console game was V-Rally on the PS1, same age.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Hrmmm was a DnD style (not sure if it was ACTUALLY DnD) game off a casette tape C64... not sure of the title.. would have been around 1985 when i was 3... didn't know what i was doing.. could only make out one or 2 words on the screen.

Either that or a MUD my dad wrote called Barsoom.

slackbheep

Sep 10, 2008
Apparently I goofed around with some Atari stuff my parents friends had in the living room when I was a tyke, but the first I actively remember was Super Mario Bros. My parents decided that I'd had fun, and got me an NES as a Christmas present when I was three.