What was the last game that you bought?

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
What was the last game that you bought?

For me, I recently bought Star Wars Squadrons, to play around with the VR headset that I got gifted for Christmas. I've been enjoying it very much, and it is super immersive in VR, and an incredible feeling tracking TIE Fighters in the windows above and around me. It also really reminds me of when I used to play Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader with my brother - who saw that I was playing Sqaudrons, and bought his own VR headset.

I also bought the Season Pass for Watch_Dogs 2, for a whole £6 on sale. I've yet to get around to Watch_Dogs 2, but It is next on my list, and I have a thing about wanting to get the "ultimate experience" when playing a game for the first time - usually that is to a fault, like in the case of buying all of the Total War Warhammer 2 DLC, but in this case, I don't feel bad about £6.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I’d have to check Steam for the exact date, but sometime shortly before the eve of 2021 I bought The Surge and its sequel, along with Ace Combat 7. It was shortly before I made the pact to only play my backlog for at least this year, and refrain from buying any new games. So far it’s been kinda refreshing. I listed 12 games for the year to plan on finishing, in no particular order. Might add some others (like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Wolfenstein: TNO and at least the first The Evil Within) but figured it’s a good start.

DJShaddycat

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2020
Country
United States
I think it was Roboquest. Fast paced rogue-lite shooter. Really really good. It's missing some longevity features, so I haven't played in a while, but it's incredibly fun.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Well, I just got Battlefront 2 for free on Epic gamestore if that counts.

I not, it was...*quick steam lookup*...Wasteland 2 directors cut. Enjoyable, but not riveting, stopped playing after 27 hours. May go back to it at some point.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I just bought The Banner Saga Trilogy for $17.65 last week because the peeps in my Discord said it's super good and it looked neat (and I had $7 that would expire by the end of the month from some random contest I won). It'll probably be a long time before I actually play it but that was the last game(s) I bought.

EDIT: Although I do now have Gamepass so there's a lot of games that I just don't need to buy anymore

Last edited:

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Noita and Death Stranding. A weird rouguelike and a deliveryman game.

I’d have to check Steam for the exact date, but sometime shortly before the eve of 2021 I bought The Surge and its sequel, along with Ace Combat 7.
I didn't end up playing the sequel but the first Surge was pretty solid. Only major complaint was that the DLC didn't add a whole lot.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I believe... Rivals of Aether. And other than a button check, I still haven't actually played it at all. My friends have been bugging me about it, but I never quite have time.

Before that, Resident Evil 6. It's bad. Don't play it. If you want a dumb-fun co-op zombie shooter with a buddy, get 5 instead, it's a lot better.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well, lets check the steam history since I bought a good number of games over the holiday sale. Capcom Beat'em up Bundle. Its pretty neat if you like brawlers.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Super Mario 3D all stars(Super Mario 64, Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy) for the Switch.

I haven't played any of the 3D Marios due to never owning any of the post-SNES consoles until now and I always kinda wanted to try them, as they're apparently well regarded for Mario games. Also, the game possibly won't be available after March 31(though I'm skeptical how much I actually believe that) so I figured, why not?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Uuuhhhh....
  • Zombie Army 4. Bought most of it with a gift card.
  • TurboGrafx-16 Mini. Bought used and on sale at Amazon Warehouse.
  • Bot Vice
  • Guilty Gear R Accent Core+
  • Double Dragon Neon
  • I put a pre-order on GG Strive that is half way done.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I’d have to check Steam for the exact date, but sometime shortly before the eve of 2021 I bought The Surge and its sequel, along with Ace Combat 7. It was shortly before I made the pact to only play my backlog for at least this year, and refrain from buying any new games. So far it’s been kinda refreshing. I listed 12 games for the year to plan on finishing, in no particular order. Might add some others (like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Wolfenstein: TNO and at least the first The Evil Within) but figured it’s a good start.
Can't speak for the Surge games but AC7 is fun. The plot is a bit dumb but the missions are a lot of fun to play(though some are hard as shit without getting better planes). If you like the game, considering grabbing the 3 mission DLC mini-campaign if you haven't already.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
It could have been classy, for Christmas I bought Return of the Obra Dinn for a friend. But recently I replayed Saints Row 2 and 3, and I never had played 4....
So, Saints Row 4. Ahh, still pretty classy right?

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
It could have been classy, for Christmas I bought Return of the Obra Dinn for a friend. But recently I replayed Saints Row 2 and 3, and I never had played 4....
So, Saints Row 4. Ahh, still pretty classy right?
"FuckFuckFuckFuck!"
"Don't Worry, it's part of the process!"
"There's a potty mouth part of the process?"

Saints Row is stupid, juvenile and lowbrow. That being said, it's the open world series I replay the most by far. Also, I'm disappointed more games don't have a mini-game where you drive a septic truck around and spray liquid shit at everything.

Reactions: NerfedFalcon

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Sadly Immortals Fenyx Rising for the Xbox One/Series X. Needs more length.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Just finally got around to buying Ys VIII, will start it once I finish Sakura Wars.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Pre-ordered cyber shadow on the psn store. I think this is going to be a really fun game.