What Was The Last Game You Were Obscenely Pumped For?

Aug 31, 2012
Don't think I ever have. I think I was past the age at which one gets "obscenely pumped" for things like video games by the time I started playing them, or at least it was so long ago that I don't remember.

Unless you meant something else by "obscenely pumped", in which case...never...I have never been obscenely pumped for a video game. >_> <_<

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Pumped for a game that was about to be released, I could only say The Witcher 2. That was the last game that I actually pre-ordered, and even upgraded my computer specs to be able to play as a benchmark. The Witcher 3 had me suitably pumped, but I haven't even bought it yet as I know I will get around to it eventually. My computer could probably even handle it on decent specs, having recently purchased a GTX 970.

I'm actually getting rather excited about Killing Floor 2 right now. I watched a video on the gore engine recently, and it looks to be a very satisfying, bloody gibs-splattering hot lead and explosion fest more so than the previous.

And lastly, DiRT Rally, which, while still in Early Access, so far seems to be the absolute best parts of the entire franchise sinec Colin Mcrae Rally days all rolled into one. So bring that shit on.

blipblop

May 21, 2009
first game I was hyped for was Zelda oot - this and golden eye are the best game in my childhood
second game was mass effect 2/3 (after playing the first one) - not disappointed even whit the ending controversy
third game was witcher 3 - loving it

now there is only one game that make me feels hyped like a child

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Must've been a looooooong time ago. Plenty of games I look forward to, but I'm not the type of guy to consume much information about an upcoming release. I like to be surprised, so I don't get hyped much.

It would have been Half-Life 2, I guess. Back when I still had gaming friends so we could fuel each other's hype.

That I'm a very cynical person by nature doesn't help much either.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Somes games that when I hear someone call them, I start scream with enjoyment like a fan girl of Justin Beiber [I am just saying]:

DOOM [2015]

VA-11 HALL-A

SUPERHOT

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5

Radio the Universe

Sealark

Armikrog

UnderTale

Odallus: The Dark Call

Paradise Lost: First Contact

Omori

Heart Forth, Alicia

Timespinner

Catequesis

Jack the Reaper

Momodora IV

The Vagrant

Starr Mazer

Aegis Defenders

Cyberpunk 2077

Ghost Song

ReVen

Project Sen

Read Only Memories

The Miskatonic

Out Quest

Strafe

Aviary Attorney

Murder

Battle Chef Brigade

Rakuen

Owlboy

I think these are all of them. I think....

EDIT:
NOPE! I HAVE MORE!. But I will put them later.....

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Mikeybb said:
Obscenely?
well, that would have to be master of orion 3.

god, that didn't go well.

I still get excited about games, sure, but now It's tempered by that little suspicion that it may turn out wrong.
I feel your pain. Never has a game stabbed me in the heart so badly!

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Basically the entire Mass Effect series...

Man, I loved those first two games so much. Lots and lots of play throughs, lots and lots of hours invested.

God damn it, EA.

PainInTheAssInternet

The Ship Magnificent
Dec 30, 2011
Aliens: Colonial Marines which is why I don't get excited for games anymore. Isolation got the brunt of the Stick of Doubt until it had been confirmed to be good by press and public alike.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Borderlands The Pre-sequel.

Shame that it had 1/4 of the mileage BL2 had for me (which means 6 months of playing exclusively TPS).

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Talking about the future, it would have to be Zelda U(along with any new Zelda game in general), and Fire Emblem IF, both of which were delayed into 2016, making me a little depressed. Any new proper Pokemon game, or remake will get me extremely excited too.

As for the last game I simply was dying to play before I got a chance to, would probably be Super Smash Bros. 3DS/U and Pokemon ORAS last Fall. Smash because a new one only comes around once every 6 or 7 years, and ORAS because I know Pokemon remakes are always amazing.

the_great_cessation

Nov 29, 2011
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the GameCube was probably the most excited I was for anything ever. When it was finally released it easily met my lofty expectations and is probably my favorite game of all time as a result. I was also super excited for Skyward Sword but that didn't end nearly as well (despite being a damn fine game in it's own right). Currently, I am super excited about Zelda U but being 10 years since my Twilight Princess hype, it's considerably more under control and a lot more realistic.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Usually I don't ninja-kick people who don't deserve it. But I can't think any excuse for what happened the day of Starcraft II release (fortunately the victim passed out instantly and there were no witnesses).

Out of joke, I really was pumped up for Starcraft II. But after that, I don't think I had been that pumped. The closest was for ZombiU (to the point that when I saw a Wii U + ZombiU bundle at the store, I went into "shut up and take my money!" mode), and for Alien: Isolation (yeah, I got a thing for difficult survival horror games lately). Nowadays I wait for games to be in discount (like Mass Effect 3 on Origin for $10)

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
WhiteFangofWar said:
Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker, because I really enjoyed Overclocked.
Pretty much the same here, and for pretty much the exact same reason. I was so pumped for the game! I haven't finished it yet, but so far I'm really enjoying it. The fact the constantly reset so I can look at all the possible dialogue choices, probably isn't helping me get through the game any faster.

I'm also really excited for Xenoblade Chronicles X. Oh my god, I'm looking forward to it so much! The world looks amazing and I can't wait to explore it, and the battles look fun as hell, especially when the Skells are unlocked! Finally, I'm really looking forward to Fire Emblem if. I looks like a lot of fun and the characters and storylines all look really compelling. I hope they move the release date up for it. I really don't want to have to wait until next year to get it...

Anyway, those are the three games I'm most excited for right now.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Portal 2, I suppose. That was the last one I bought brand new anyway. Now, there's also this indie game called "a hat in time" which I'm pretty stoked for. Maybe that will recapture my childhood appreciation for video games.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Goat Simulator, and honestly it was worth it. I don't know why, but that game really clicks with me. Other than that, I don't typically get obscenely pumped for games like I used to (I wait for GOTY editions, which is a lot harder if I get too excited).

I used to get obscenely pumped a lot more, but caution is definitely the word of the day now. Too many bad games and not enough money.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
I was really looking forward to play Hellraid. Thanks to the success of DL i doubt that i'll ever going to play it. DL is great don't get me wrong but a medieval first person hack'n'slash was something i wanted. Hope dies at last.