What was the worst game that you pre-ordered?

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
The original Disgaea. Now don't get me wrong, the Disgaea games are great and I love the series to bits, and that's the problem. I've spent multiple THOUSANDS of hours in the Disgaea games, and I've even bought some of them twice. So much time that I'll never get back. If I only could go back in time and... Yeah, I'd probably just do it all over again, if I'm honest. Also, I've bought every single DLC to the games, despite the horrible DLC practices that I despise.

For actually bad games, there aren't many as I don't pre-order much. X Rebirth was probably the worst. Spent a few hundred or so hours in X3, but I couldn't get through even 4 hours of X Rebirth at launch. It was bad. They've patched the game enough to make it decent now, so there's that.

Edl01

Apr 11, 2012
When I was a kid I couldn't pre-order due to a lack of money, and now that I'm older I pre-order so rarely that I can count the amount of times I have on one hand. Thinking back in recent memory the only two games I know I pre-ordered are Skyrim and Dark Souls 2, and I like both of them games so I'll just have to name both of them.

the_great_cessation

Nov 29, 2011
I've got in the bad habit of pre-ordering more obscure titles which I worry about actually showing up in my area despite having no way to gauge their quality beforehand. My most recent examples being Killer is Dead and Murdered: Soul Suspect. While I enjoyed both of these titles for what they were, they are what common opinion would dictate to be the worst games I've ever pre-ordered. Even then, I should have probably stayed away from pre-ordering as both titles hit the bargain bin a few short months after being released.

small

Aug 5, 2014
collectors edition of mass effect 3. i opened the packet and was confronted by "teaser" items that were basically adverts, now you have seen this go buy the full thing !

i actually enjoyed the game for the most part apart from the odd issue (npc's being killed off by twitter for example), until i got to the end and i logged onto the net to see how to fix the glitch at the end, i honestly thought my game had bugged at the end and i was missing entire cut scenes, which after the directors cut was released, i realised it was

holy_secret

Nov 2, 2009
I was so excited about Epic Mickey with its promise of darkness and creepy atmosphere.
Id wasn't anything even remotely close to what they promised.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Spore, yes there have been worse games since then that I have pre ordered, Watchdogs for example but Spore had SOOO much potential and failed to live up to any of it, the final game was dumbed down, didn't explore the idea of evolution as was shown in the initial videos, was basically four distinct types of game all of which where very very poor in their own rights with jarring switches from one state to the others, when instead it should have been smooth logically transitions between states. Oh and it came with activation limit DRM as well.

Watchdogs would be the other one but where as Spore had so much potential Watchdogs just turned out to be boring, I mean really boring, tedious character, tedious story, and boring game play and while it didn't bother me I know many complained about the performance and graphical issues.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
Rome total war 2 easily, by all accounts that piece of garbage should of never come out till 6-7 months later. Censorship of their forums from the mass complaints, and streamed videos to promote blindly the game like drones. Never cry about Alien Colonel Marines because this game was seriously the biggest media white-wash ive seen.

A word of warning, never pre-order anything from Sega ever. They are the biggest Liars and make EA look like champions.

P.S Alien Isolation was alright, but only because of the sheer backlash and disasters of 2 of their games in a row, do not expect two consecutive decent games from this greedy company.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
EscapeGoat said:
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor for the PS3. I don't usually go in much for pre-ordering - there's not often a lot of stuff I can either afford to pre-order or really care to pre-order - but I took a gamble with Shadow of Mordor and it didn't pay off. While I'm sure the game is as good as people think on current gen systems like the PS4 and Xbox One, the last-gen port is truly dreadful in how badly it's been optimised. Framerate drops, sound issues, freezing, crashing and texture issues aren't much fun. Ah well, never mind.
My experience with the digital version has been a *little* better, but there's teeny-tiny hitches in the overall flow of animations that almost cripple the Arkham-ish combat. I have to vault or roll away a lot more than I should have to.

Past that, my only issue would be the length of the loading screens. Every menu change involves a LOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAADING SCREEEEEEEEEEEN.

I consider it as just another incentive to drop more cash into my "New PC" fund.

As far as my own experience with awful ports goes, I'd have to mention Enter the Matrix. I expected an awesome and engaging take on the series' universe; I got a "Press all the Buttons to Win" movie tie-in. Then again, I was young and foolish.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
Spore. i had so many expectation for that game. i was waiting it since the first time it showed on E3, like 4 years before the launch date. i pre order that damn huge collector edition, and took a day off on launch day.... for that...

Also, Starcraft 2. well, the game turn out to be good, however, i pre-order a french edition (i live in Québec, so north america here, keep that in mind). The french edition shipped to stores in Québec turns out to be French european edition, that play only on european servers. Then you also had to open a battle.net account. an european battle.net account that doesnt accept my country, phone number, postal code, because they are not european, and the game refused to start at all because of that.

so i called support. but only the european support could help me, so i had to call oversea to speak to someone who had the power to listen to me...

finally, after i pre-ordered the thing, i ended up playing it two week after launch date.

Platypus540

May 11, 2011
I've never been disappointed with a game I preordered since I only preorder stuff I'm really sure I'll like. However, I only had access to Battlefield 4 for about a month or two before EA fucked up my account. Haven't been able to get access to my account since, and I'm still pissed. Fuck EA.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Suhi89 said:
DoPo said:
Hmm, that's a hard question. I think it is Portal 2. I loved the game from start to finish. It just so happens to have been the only game I preordered.
I did not think I would be ninjad here but yeah - this is exactly what I was going to say. Almost word for word. Except I was going to add that P2 is easily in my top 5 list.
Wow not 1 but 2 people with the same thing. Yeah the only game I've pre-orrdered was Portal 2 though I do regret preodering. Not that its a bad game, in fact it's a fantastic game it's just a bit short for what it cost and has little replay value.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
soren7550 said:
PinkiePyro said:
also pokemon has cool preorder stuff like for OR/AS it was a mega charizard plushie and I love me some plushies *burrows in pile of plushies*
Wait, what?! Who was giving away Mega Charizard plushies? All we got here were these lameo posters (that apparently no one bothered to pick up), or if you went to the Nintendo World and waited in line for eight and a half hours in the somewhere below 20 degree weather, you got a keychain! A GOD DAMN KEYCHAIN.
yea if you preordered both games at any toyRus you got a plushie XD (best part my toysrus had extras and the worker let me buy a second so I have both x and y forms)

Jak2364

Feb 9, 2010
Definitely Destiny. I loved what little was there, but that's just it, there was way too little content. I should've waited till it dropped to $20, I would've been satisfied then.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
PinkiePyro said:
soren7550 said:
PinkiePyro said:
also pokemon has cool preorder stuff like for OR/AS it was a mega charizard plushie and I love me some plushies *burrows in pile of plushies*
Wait, what?! Who was giving away Mega Charizard plushies? All we got here were these lameo posters (that apparently no one bothered to pick up), or if you went to the Nintendo World and waited in line for eight and a half hours in the somewhere below 20 degree weather, you got a keychain! A GOD DAMN KEYCHAIN.
yea if you preordered both games at any toyRus you got a plushie XD (best part my toysrus had extras and the worker let me buy a second so I have both x and y forms)

*tries to psychicly strangle Pinkie Pyro through the internet*