What Was Thor Doing During Civil War? Living in Australia With Darryl

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
What Was Thor Doing During Civil War? Living in Australia With Darryl

This hilarious promo video shows us what the "missing Avengers" Thor and Bruce Banner were up to during the events of Civil War.

Captain America: Civil War [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/civil%20war?os=%20civil%20war], despite featuring the "Avengers" wasn't really an Avengers movie. Two core Avengers, Thor and The Hulk, were notably absent from the film, and now, thanks to this hilarious Thor: Ragnarok promo, we know what they were up to - hanging out in Australia.

In the video, Thor explains to us that he went to Australia, and moved into a flat with "Darryl" in order to get in better touch with average, everyday people. The video shows him trying to fit in with Darryl's "normal" life, doing some charity work with children, and after being snubbed by Tony Stark, starting up his own "Civil War" team: Team Thor.

Fans of Hemsworth (or anyone who's seen the new Ghostbusters movie) will know that the actor is an Australian himself, making for a great little tongue-in-cheek promo.

Thor: Ragnarok is slated for release on November 3, 2017.

Source: YouTube [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_v76eV55B8]

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Uh, you mean despite being called a Captain America movie, it was Avengers 3.

I loved Civil War, but the name was the worst. Wasn't just about Captain America, and was not a good adaptation of the Civil War plot. And had a great villain who should not have been Zemo.

Should have been called Avengers: Divided we Fall or something, and called Zemo...anything but Zemo basically.

Anyways, grumpiness aside...funny video. Want more of these.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
"Two of the most notable team members, Thor and The Hulk, were notiably absent from the film,"

Your welcome. Loved the video, Hemsy does a good job taking the piss out of himself. I mean, he practically stole Ghostbusters.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Ya know when I first read Darryl, I thought Odinson would be hanging with the only other man truly worthy to wield the hammer, Daryl Dixon. Only slightly disappointed. And glad Hemsworth wasn't dancing in this one.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Oh God, no! Damn it Marvel, stop introducing more men for Fanfic smutters to write graphic gay lemon fics about! Before the sun rises we'll have out first gay bondage fic go up on FF.

Magnikai

Oct 29, 2008
Kingjackl said:
"Two of the most notable team members, Thor and The Hulk, were notiably absent from the film,"

Your welcome. Loved the video, Hemsy does a good job taking the piss out of himself. I mean, he practically stole Ghostbusters.
The funny part being where you used the wrong "you're" there

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I like that Thor has a conspiracy wall, and that he finds he idea of Mjolnir wielding him amusing.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
008Zulu said:
Is Thor dressing Bruce while he sleeps?
I believe it is a reference to the fact that the Hulk always manages to sport a pair of shorts, implying that Banner is hulking out in his sleep.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Magnikai said:
Kingjackl said:

The funny part being where you used the wrong "you're" there
In my defence, I wasn't paid to write that comment. But, I'll take that one on the chin haha.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Silentpony said:
Oh God, no! Damn it Marvel, stop introducing more men for Fanfic smutters to write graphic gay lemon fics about! Before the sun rises we'll have out first gay bondage fic go up on FF.
i mean, historically this isn't really that much different than all the shit that folks like thor were up to in the first place

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Saelune said:

I loved Civil War, but the name was the worst. Wasn't just about Captain America, and was not a good adaptation of the Civil War plot. And had a great villain who should not have been Zemo.

Should have been called Avengers: Divided we Fall or something, and called Zemo...anything but Zemo basically.

Dude. I am just going to give you advice here. Don't let things like this... that, bug you. I was once like that the realised that I was more angry than happy with the things I was meant to enjoy. If a change happen and it happens, it's not so much a big deal. As long as it's entertaining to you. If not, just say it isn't and move on. There will always be the good, the bad and the Michael Bay.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
I tried sending a raven once. But my neighbours cat and its gang (we have a serious cat gang problem in the area), kept attacking it.

I just wanted to send a message to my General about the attack we must execute the next day. The war was lost.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Parasondox said:
Saelune said:

Dude. I am just going to give you advice here. Don't let things like this... that, bug you. I was once like that the realised that I was more angry than happy with the things I was meant to enjoy. If a change happen and it happens, it's not so much a big deal. As long as it's entertaining to you. If not, just say it isn't and move on. There will always be the good, the bad and the Michael Bay.
I absolutely loved "Civil War", I just hate the name cause its a misleading one.

That airport fight is why I love MCU and hate the people who want to ruin my fun by being like "I want MCU to end". Screw that, I want MCU till I die.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Saelune said:
Parasondox said:
Saelune said:

I absolutely loved "Civil War", I just hate the name cause its a misleading one.

That airport fight is why I love MCU and hate the people who want to ruin my fun by being like "I want MCU to end". Screw that, I want MCU till I die.
Yeah I get you. Titles to comic book movies will be misleading and just go off the rails. You enjoy the MCU. Good for you. We all must enjoy something.

And for some reason it said your message was from 1969 when I touched the yellow envelope.

Are you messaging me from the past, TIME TRAVELLER?!?!?! That act is illegal under UK law!!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Parasondox said:
Saelune said:
Parasondox said:
Saelune said:

Yeah I get you. Titles to comic book movies will be misleading and just go off the rails. You enjoy the MCU. Good for you. We all must enjoy something.

And for some reason it said your message was from 1969 when I touched the yellow envelope.

Are you messaging me from the past, TIME TRAVELLER?!?!?! That act is illegal under UK law!!
My response thing has been weird too. Replies keep appearing and disappearing. I saw the topic I was quoted in before it poofed for a bit, so I came here manually.

What bothers me about the title and things like that is what it suggests I wont see. I likely wont get the "Civil War" I want that can not be contained in one movie. I also don't like Zemo not being a super Neo Nazi and Marvel Mega-Villain. He is still around, sure, but I don't see the Nazi thing making sense at this point.

And technically two major Marvel villains were just crushed by rubble. Magneto and Heinrich Zemo, gone in simple passing backstory.

That's what bothers me. Ignoring all that though...loved the movie.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I accept this being canon, ok technically I assume the reason why those two were absent was simply cos they were in Asgard as leading up to Ragnarok.