What was your most recent classic game purchase?

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
Personally, I've tried to complete Half Life 2 quite a few times, but I've lost interest after a few hours. Whereas I really appreciate and like the game, I couldn't follow its story properly.

To help combat this, I just purchased the original Half Life.

What was your most recent classic game purchase?

Edit:

Annoyed with myself for buying the normal version, not the remastered Source version. [small]Sadface.[/small]

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Earthworm Jim 1 and 2, and MDK, both from gog.com; such an awesome sale they have going.

ZeAwesomeOne

Mar 19, 2011
Alright then! Legend of the Dragoons. Awesome game. If they were to remake it with better graphics I would die......

DJ_Bunce

Jan 20, 2010
Beyond Good and Evil on PS3 and Monkey Island 2 on the Xbox... Both epic games in their own rights :)

TitanGear

Apr 11, 2011
Xenogears, Front Mission 3, and the ORIGINAL WarHawk for the Playstation on the PSNetwork...before the hax btw

Dexter Willett

Apr 21, 2011
Deus Ex: GOTY Edition. I'm convinced that the older the game, the harder it is, as I can't get past the first level.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I bought Legend of Mana a year ago. Not very much else in the classic games department. When I have more money, and this game-parade of new releases has me wanting some of it (Rage, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3). I won't be getting anything for myself for some time. Got to save some money--not that buying these are release will save me any...

Hobohodo

Jun 20, 2011
I literally just bought Silent Hill 1, 2, and 4, since Im missing a PS2, i've only been able to get a PS1 version for my PS3, and 2 and 4 for Xbox, so I'm a bit disappointed I can't get 3 as well.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Does Oblivion count as a classic yet?
Also, I haven't been playing it so much as taking 4 days to try and unsuccessfully install the multitude of mods that make the game playable... Hopefully the game works this time.

Also I bought Deus Ex a little while back. Loved it until it got to the point where I pretty much had to invest in combat skills because there were too many instances where stealth was not an option.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Got Freespace 1 and 2 off of GOG a few days ago. Unfortunately I haven't had much of a chance to try them out yet because TF2's Uber Update is keeping me busy right now.
mikecoulter said:
Edit:

Annoyed with myself for buying the normal version, not the remastered Source version. [small]Sadface.[/small]
Don't be. I've heard the Source version was a half-hearted port that's riddled with bugs.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
I bought this game called Magic carpet from GoG.
It makes me wonder why the game industry hates innovation so much.