What We Learned From Bethesda's First E3 Press Conference

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
4,797
0
0
Open with more Fallout 4, finish with a game reveal (Dishonored 2? Prey 2?) with some Doom in the middle sprinkled with stuff like Battlecry. Job's a good 'un.
 

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
2,871
0
0
10 PM Eastern time is almost 3 in the morning where I am. Guess I'll have to wait till I wake up to find out all the news.
 

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
348
0
0
Dalek Caan said:
10 PM Eastern time is almost 3 in the morning where I am. Guess I'll have to wait till I wake up to find out all the news.
pfft. lightweight. will be staying up... will regret it later, but will be staying up. |D
 

fix-the-spade

New member
Feb 25, 2008
8,639
0
0
Elder Scrolls 6: Elsweyr (can but dream)
Quake 5 (still dreamin')
Dishonored 2 (Quite likely)
Prey 2 re-started (lol)
Quake Wars 2 (no, I haven't been smoking anything).

There's my predictions, gotta think positive.
 

Baresark

New member
Dec 19, 2010
3,908
0
0
I have to tell you, if they announce a Fallout 4 release date for fall of 2015, it will be the best part of the whole show for me. I'm just saying.
 

Alfador_VII

New member
Nov 2, 2009
1,326
0
0
I'd love to see a new Prey 2, an actual sequel to Prey 1

and Dishonored 2 as well

Is it too early for another Elder Scrolls?
 

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
4,419
0
0
Fallout 4 is a given.

Dishonored 2 will also likely be featured, wouldnt be surprised if they did something about Elder Scrolls Online.

I hope they got more Wolfenstien to show us. Or just something from MachineGames.
 

RaikuFA

New member
Jun 12, 2009
4,366
0
0
fix-the-spade said:
Elder Scrolls 6: Elsweyr (can but dream)
Quake 5 (still dreamin')
Dishonored 2 (Quite likely)
Prey 2 re-started (lol)
Quake Wars 2 (no, I haven't been smoking anything).

There's my predictions, gotta think positive.
Why not black marsh? Argonians need love, too.
 

fix-the-spade

New member
Feb 25, 2008
8,639
0
0
RaikuFA said:
Why not black marsh? Argonians need love, too.
Because Dense Jungles and Deserts bordering those pesky Bosmer > Swampland that only Argonians can live in.

At least that's my feeling on the matter, I wouldn't be upset to see Black Marsh since both should come across as more alien than Roman-land and Viking-land. It will probably be set in another human-centric part of the world though, which will probably annoy me. I loved Morrowind's weirdness compared to Oblivion and Skyrim.
 

Zeljkia the Orc

New member
Jun 5, 2015
31
0
0
fix-the-spade said:
RaikuFA said:
Why not black marsh? Argonians need love, too.
Because Dense Jungles and Deserts bordering those pesky Bosmer > Swampland that only Argonians can live in.

At least that's my feeling on the matter, I wouldn't be upset to see Black Marsh since both should come across as more alien than Roman-land and Viking-land. It will probably be set in another human-centric part of the world though, which will probably annoy me. I loved Morrowind's weirdness compared to Oblivion and Skyrim.
I would kind of live another game set in Hammerfell (seems like people forget the old mobile phone games), but High Rock would be cool also. However, I doubt a new Elder Scrolls game would be announced this soon after Elder Scrolls Online, maybe next year's E3, but not this year.
 

WonkyWarmaiden

New member
Jun 15, 2010
189
0
0
fix-the-spade said:
RaikuFA said:
Why not black marsh? Argonians need love, too.
Because Dense Jungles and Deserts bordering those pesky Bosmer > Swampland that only Argonians can live in.

At least that's my feeling on the matter, I wouldn't be upset to see Black Marsh since both should come across as more alien than Roman-land and Viking-land. It will probably be set in another human-centric part of the world though, which will probably annoy me. I loved Morrowind's weirdness compared to Oblivion and Skyrim.
Hey, it's the High Elves who are the real jerks.

Anyway, I'm hoping the next Elder Scrolls is either Elsweyr, Valenwood and Summerset Isles combined or just the entirety of Tamriel, 'cause I really wanna go back to Cyrodiil. I figure with how big a deal they made the Thalmor in Skyrim, the elves will have to be involved somehow so the former is more likely. Or they'll just drop that whole storyline and set it somewhere completely random.
 

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Apr 14, 2020
2,507
79
53
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Gender
Dinosaur
so you guys are going to be making these channels for each of the press conferences. So I made that thread for nothing, I'm going to cry now

edit: wait is that Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb, this fills me with so much nostalgia.
 

Willy Rogers

New member
Aug 20, 2014
29
0
0
Hmm. Doom's gameplay seemed a bit too "smooth" if you ask me. Could be wrong but I do get tired of pre-rendered stuff used as "gameplay" footage. However, Multiplayer footage seems real.
 

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Apr 14, 2020
2,507
79
53
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Gender
Dinosaur
Willy Rogers said:
Hmm. Doom's gameplay seemed a bit too "smooth" if you ask me. Could be wrong but I do get tired of pre-rendered stuff used as "gameplay" footage.
yeah to me this smells like a PR trailer like watchdogs. still looks good though I'm just a little bit suspicious
 

Willy Rogers

New member
Aug 20, 2014
29
0
0
tf2godz said:
Willy Rogers said:
Hmm. Doom's gameplay seemed a bit too "smooth" if you ask me. Could be wrong but I do get tired of pre-rendered stuff used as "gameplay" footage.
yeah to me this smells like a PR trailer like watchdogs. still looks good though I'm just a little bit suspicious
In response, with Multplayer footage, it seems to be actual gameplay footage, and it's almost as good as the previous footage. It's not even the demonstration I dislike it's the showing of something most likely pre-rendered, followed by actual footage that's about as good. Just show the gameplay footage ya dillpickles, and be honest bout pre-rendering!
 

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Apr 14, 2020
2,507
79
53
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Gender
Dinosaur
Willy Rogers said:
tf2godz said:
Willy Rogers said:
Hmm. Doom's gameplay seemed a bit too "smooth" if you ask me. Could be wrong but I do get tired of pre-rendered stuff used as "gameplay" footage.
yeah to me this smells like a PR trailer like watchdogs. still looks good though I'm just a little bit suspicious
In response, with Multplayer footage, it seems to be actual gameplay footage, and it's almost as good as the previous footage. It's not even the demonstration I dislike it's the showing of something most likely pre-rendered, followed by actual footage that's about as good. Just show the gameplay footage ya dillpickles, and be honest bout pre-rendering!
I'm not saying it doesn't look fun I'm just being a bit suspicious about the whole thing
 

Willy Rogers

New member
Aug 20, 2014
29
0
0
Up, Rocket misfire makes me think this is likely in game footage, still though that guys moving like butter.
 

Willy Rogers

New member
Aug 20, 2014
29
0
0
tf2godz said:
Willy Rogers said:
tf2godz said:
Willy Rogers said:
Hmm. Doom's gameplay seemed a bit too "smooth" if you ask me. Could be wrong but I do get tired of pre-rendered stuff used as "gameplay" footage.
yeah to me this smells like a PR trailer like watchdogs. still looks good though I'm just a little bit suspicious
In response, with Multplayer footage, it seems to be actual gameplay footage, and it's almost as good as the previous footage. It's not even the demonstration I dislike it's the showing of something most likely pre-rendered, followed by actual footage that's about as good. Just show the gameplay footage ya dillpickles, and be honest bout pre-rendering!
I'm not saying it doesn't look fun I'm just being a bit suspicious about the whole thing
Same here, hoping it's really good I loved Wolfenstein TNO.
 

Willy Rogers

New member
Aug 20, 2014
29
0
0
Bleh, here's hoping they learned a thing or two from New Vegas' popularity compared to Fallout 3, both of which I enjoyed. But I liked New Vegas a fair bit more.
 

dragongit

New member
Feb 22, 2011
1,075
0
0
hmmmm... not digging the fact the hero of Fallout 4 talks... I mean somtimes I like when a protagonist is actually suppose to have a personality, like I dunno... Link, should talk, guys you make by scratch should either be silent, or in the case of Mass Effect and so on, only speak when you prompt them.
 

Willy Rogers

New member
Aug 20, 2014
29
0
0
dragongit said:
hmmmm... not digging the fact the hero of Fallout 4 talks... I mean somtimes I like when a protagonist is actually suppose to have a personality, like I dunno... Link, should talk, guys you make by scratch should either be silent, or in the case of Mass Effect and so on, only speak when you prompt them.
Heh, yeah, maybe you can play a mute. Although, them recording "popular" names for pronunciation is good though, at least they're trying to make it more appealing, most have cost them a bit though. Here's hoping for some good dummy dialogue though, maybe you took some shrapnel in the war times :D
 

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Apr 14, 2020
2,507
79
53
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Gender
Dinosaur
that was surprisingly lacking.

Of course we had big games like doom and fallout 4 but they didn't really have anything else. They showed no gameplay of dishonored 2 and they showed one of the most blatant follow the leader games ever with Elder scrolls legends.

edit: but I really do like that custom mode they have there

edit 2: seriously why didn't they just call this the fallout 4 press conference with a little bit of doom because it's all they had
 

Dreadman75

New member
Jul 6, 2011
425
0
0
I really liked the conference. Well...the second half at least. Dishonored 2 and Fallout 4 have me salivating in anticipation.

Dishonored 2: Being able to play as Emily Kaldwin sounds really interesting, especially with her different power set. It looks like she took quite a few lessons in badass from Corvo, which was a very cool thing to see.

Fallout 4: Let's see, voiced main character, building your own settlements, very large crafting system. I'm sold. I want this. It's like they took some of the most downloaded mods from the Nexus and said "Let's make that shit standard!" Customizable armor, and that jetpack. I cannot wait for November!
 

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
8,407
0
0
Dreadman75 said:
Fallout 4: Let's see, voiced main character, building your own settlements, very large crafting system. I'm sold. I want this. It's like they took some of the most downloaded mods from the Nexus and said "Let's make that shit standard!" Customizable armor, and that jetpack. I cannot wait for November!
I love when games do that. Paradox is a fan of adding mod content in next iteration. Also Wargaming seems to do that, albeing very slowly (they implemented large part of the most popular mod slowly, over 2 years period, lol)
 

Conrad Zimmerman

New member
Dec 24, 2013
588
0
0
What We Learned From Bethesda's First E3 Press Conference

First lesson: Bethesda knows how to put on a show.

Read Full Article
 

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
8,407
0
0
Conrad Zimmerman said:
What We Learned From Bethesda's First E3 Press Conference

First lesson: Bethesda knows how to put on a show.

Read Full Article
Wait a minute. I saw your post in news section, commented here, now i see it again and it links to same thread but your post got pushed downwards. whats going on here?
 

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
618
0
0
I really enjoyed their show. Unlike most of what people say on stage at E3, the people who spoke at Bethesda's show didn't sound like used car salesmen or anti-drug speakers at school assemblies. Todd Howard most of all sounded really sincere: he was funny, dorky, but most of all excited.

The section on Fallout 4 could have honestly been its own press conference for the amount of details we were shown and excitement built up. When the November release date was revealed, Twitch even stopped being immature for awhile, everyone was too damn happy.