What We Learned From Bethesda's First E3 Press Conference

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Open with more Fallout 4, finish with a game reveal (Dishonored 2? Prey 2?) with some Doom in the middle sprinkled with stuff like Battlecry. Job's a good 'un.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
10 PM Eastern time is almost 3 in the morning where I am. Guess I'll have to wait till I wake up to find out all the news.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
Dalek Caan said:
10 PM Eastern time is almost 3 in the morning where I am. Guess I'll have to wait till I wake up to find out all the news.
pfft. lightweight. will be staying up... will regret it later, but will be staying up. |D

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Elder Scrolls 6: Elsweyr (can but dream)
Quake 5 (still dreamin')
Dishonored 2 (Quite likely)
Prey 2 re-started (lol)
Quake Wars 2 (no, I haven't been smoking anything).

There's my predictions, gotta think positive.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I have to tell you, if they announce a Fallout 4 release date for fall of 2015, it will be the best part of the whole show for me. I'm just saying.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
I'd love to see a new Prey 2, an actual sequel to Prey 1

and Dishonored 2 as well

Is it too early for another Elder Scrolls?

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Fallout 4 is a given.

Dishonored 2 will also likely be featured, wouldnt be surprised if they did something about Elder Scrolls Online.

I hope they got more Wolfenstien to show us. Or just something from MachineGames.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
Elder Scrolls 6: Elsweyr (can but dream)
Quake 5 (still dreamin')
Dishonored 2 (Quite likely)
Prey 2 re-started (lol)
Quake Wars 2 (no, I haven't been smoking anything).

There's my predictions, gotta think positive.
Why not black marsh? Argonians need love, too.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
RaikuFA said:
Because Dense Jungles and Deserts bordering those pesky Bosmer > Swampland that only Argonians can live in.

At least that's my feeling on the matter, I wouldn't be upset to see Black Marsh since both should come across as more alien than Roman-land and Viking-land. It will probably be set in another human-centric part of the world though, which will probably annoy me. I loved Morrowind's weirdness compared to Oblivion and Skyrim.

Zeljkia the Orc

Jun 5, 2015
fix-the-spade said:
RaikuFA said:
Because Dense Jungles and Deserts bordering those pesky Bosmer > Swampland that only Argonians can live in.

At least that's my feeling on the matter, I wouldn't be upset to see Black Marsh since both should come across as more alien than Roman-land and Viking-land. It will probably be set in another human-centric part of the world though, which will probably annoy me. I loved Morrowind's weirdness compared to Oblivion and Skyrim.
I would kind of live another game set in Hammerfell (seems like people forget the old mobile phone games), but High Rock would be cool also. However, I doubt a new Elder Scrolls game would be announced this soon after Elder Scrolls Online, maybe next year's E3, but not this year.

WonkyWarmaiden

Jun 15, 2010
fix-the-spade said:
RaikuFA said:

Hey, it's the High Elves who are the real jerks.

Anyway, I'm hoping the next Elder Scrolls is either Elsweyr, Valenwood and Summerset Isles combined or just the entirety of Tamriel, 'cause I really wanna go back to Cyrodiil. I figure with how big a deal they made the Thalmor in Skyrim, the elves will have to be involved somehow so the former is more likely. Or they'll just drop that whole storyline and set it somewhere completely random.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
so you guys are going to be making these channels for each of the press conferences. So I made that thread for nothing, I'm going to cry now

edit: wait is that Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb, this fills me with so much nostalgia.

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
Hmm. Doom's gameplay seemed a bit too "smooth" if you ask me. Could be wrong but I do get tired of pre-rendered stuff used as "gameplay" footage. However, Multiplayer footage seems real.

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Willy Rogers said:
Hmm. Doom's gameplay seemed a bit too "smooth" if you ask me. Could be wrong but I do get tired of pre-rendered stuff used as "gameplay" footage.
yeah to me this smells like a PR trailer like watchdogs. still looks good though I'm just a little bit suspicious

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
tf2godz said:
Willy Rogers said:
Hmm. Doom's gameplay seemed a bit too "smooth" if you ask me. Could be wrong but I do get tired of pre-rendered stuff used as "gameplay" footage.
yeah to me this smells like a PR trailer like watchdogs. still looks good though I'm just a little bit suspicious
In response, with Multplayer footage, it seems to be actual gameplay footage, and it's almost as good as the previous footage. It's not even the demonstration I dislike it's the showing of something most likely pre-rendered, followed by actual footage that's about as good. Just show the gameplay footage ya dillpickles, and be honest bout pre-rendering!

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Willy Rogers said:
tf2godz said:
Willy Rogers said:
In response, with Multplayer footage, it seems to be actual gameplay footage, and it's almost as good as the previous footage. It's not even the demonstration I dislike it's the showing of something most likely pre-rendered, followed by actual footage that's about as good. Just show the gameplay footage ya dillpickles, and be honest bout pre-rendering!
I'm not saying it doesn't look fun I'm just being a bit suspicious about the whole thing

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
Up, Rocket misfire makes me think this is likely in game footage, still though that guys moving like butter.

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
tf2godz said:
Willy Rogers said:
tf2godz said:
Willy Rogers said:
I'm not saying it doesn't look fun I'm just being a bit suspicious about the whole thing
Same here, hoping it's really good I loved Wolfenstein TNO.