What We Learned From Bethesda's First E3 Press Conference

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
Bleh, here's hoping they learned a thing or two from New Vegas' popularity compared to Fallout 3, both of which I enjoyed. But I liked New Vegas a fair bit more.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
hmmmm... not digging the fact the hero of Fallout 4 talks... I mean somtimes I like when a protagonist is actually suppose to have a personality, like I dunno... Link, should talk, guys you make by scratch should either be silent, or in the case of Mass Effect and so on, only speak when you prompt them.

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
dragongit said:
hmmmm... not digging the fact the hero of Fallout 4 talks... I mean somtimes I like when a protagonist is actually suppose to have a personality, like I dunno... Link, should talk, guys you make by scratch should either be silent, or in the case of Mass Effect and so on, only speak when you prompt them.
Heh, yeah, maybe you can play a mute. Although, them recording "popular" names for pronunciation is good though, at least they're trying to make it more appealing, most have cost them a bit though. Here's hoping for some good dummy dialogue though, maybe you took some shrapnel in the war times :D

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
that was surprisingly lacking.

Of course we had big games like doom and fallout 4 but they didn't really have anything else. They showed no gameplay of dishonored 2 and they showed one of the most blatant follow the leader games ever with Elder scrolls legends.

edit: but I really do like that custom mode they have there

edit 2: seriously why didn't they just call this the fallout 4 press conference with a little bit of doom because it's all they had

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
I really liked the conference. Well...the second half at least. Dishonored 2 and Fallout 4 have me salivating in anticipation.

Dishonored 2: Being able to play as Emily Kaldwin sounds really interesting, especially with her different power set. It looks like she took quite a few lessons in badass from Corvo, which was a very cool thing to see.

Fallout 4: Let's see, voiced main character, building your own settlements, very large crafting system. I'm sold. I want this. It's like they took some of the most downloaded mods from the Nexus and said "Let's make that shit standard!" Customizable armor, and that jetpack. I cannot wait for November!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Dreadman75 said:
Fallout 4: Let's see, voiced main character, building your own settlements, very large crafting system. I'm sold. I want this. It's like they took some of the most downloaded mods from the Nexus and said "Let's make that shit standard!" Customizable armor, and that jetpack. I cannot wait for November!
I love when games do that. Paradox is a fan of adding mod content in next iteration. Also Wargaming seems to do that, albeing very slowly (they implemented large part of the most popular mod slowly, over 2 years period, lol)

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013

First lesson: Bethesda knows how to put on a show.

Read Full Article

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Conrad Zimmerman said:

First lesson: Bethesda knows how to put on a show.

Read Full Article
Wait a minute. I saw your post in news section, commented here, now i see it again and it links to same thread but your post got pushed downwards. whats going on here?

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
I really enjoyed their show. Unlike most of what people say on stage at E3, the people who spoke at Bethesda's show didn't sound like used car salesmen or anti-drug speakers at school assemblies. Todd Howard most of all sounded really sincere: he was funny, dorky, but most of all excited.

The section on Fallout 4 could have honestly been its own press conference for the amount of details we were shown and excitement built up. When the November release date was revealed, Twitch even stopped being immature for awhile, everyone was too damn happy.