What Were You Doing When The World 'Was Going To End'?

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
helping save it in chrono trigger/cross fashion with a bit of SMT Nocturne in it

MK75

Jun 6, 2010
I was having supper with my family. Ironically the day we had diner a few minutes earlier was the supposedly the last day of the world as we know it. I guess the end of the world really is family time. Funny enough I forget about the so-called rapture until the news mentioned it during supper (in my house the tv is on during supper, although its in the other room and on the news channel.)

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I was at a Cleveland Indians baseball game at the time, I even had really good seats too. When we were there I checked the clock and it was 6 and I turn to my friend and said "hey bro were supposed to be dead now" and then they played Its the end of the world by REM at that exact moment too, many lulz were had that day.

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
I was on the deck, being drunk with my friends when one of us remembered that it was supposed to be the end of the world. The world didn't end, but the hangover I had this morning made me wish it had.

Maverick Dorotheo

Apr 16, 2011
Was on facebook playing some games, while waiting for 5 videos of zero punctuation to load. Reading manga between videos. The usual.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Studying, unfortunately. Just had a test, I have exams in a couple of weeks, I was certainly not at all confident in Camping, so I decided it would be best if I didn't take a day off.

MK Tha Rebel

Jun 12, 2009
Free Thinker said:
Taking a dump.
"Hey Jesus. Can this wait. I'm pretty sure you don't want this coming up with you. Oh. You're busy too? Randy Savage has you in a headlock? Nevermind."

My Christian friend punched me for that joke. Everyone else thought it was hilarious.
And that's why the rapture didn't happen, because Randy Savage elbow dropped Jesus strait into the danger zone. On that note, here's what that may have looked like:

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/images/feed_assets/4dd92035797b4.jpg

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
pouring my first drink on the road to getting shitfaced, it was a successful evening in that regard.

the captchas are telling me to attend dithion, whatever the fuck that is

motyr

May 24, 2010
I was watching the clock. I never really believed the guy, but, you know, just in case it really was the end of the world, I wanted to remember my last moments. That was 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Farseer Lolotea

Mar 11, 2010
I'd already warned my fiancé to watch out for roof-jumpers by then. So, at that point, I was just waiting for Harold Camping to become a national joke for what would be (at least) his second failed doomsday prediction.

Squiggles

Mar 17, 2010
I was at a geeky Tea party, complete with periodic table cupcakes and choc mint tea! and a happy not-rapture day to everyone!