How To Train Your Dragon
Death At A Funeral
Expendables (yes i liked that movie)

Rossiar

Oct 29, 2009
1 - Inception
2 - Shutter Island
3 - Toy Story 3
4 - Machete (not many people seemed to understand it was taking the piss out of itself)
5 - Kick-ass

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
Scott Pilgrim
Inception
Kick Ass
The Social Network
Iron Man 2

Those are really the only good movies I could think of this year.

smashmaniac64

May 22, 2010
havent watched many movies this year

Scott Pilgrim
How to Train Your Dragon
Despicable Me
......sry thats all i got =P

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Inception and Scott Pilgrim are definitely locked in an epic struggle for 1 and 2, and I can't decide between them after that...

Toy Story 3
Kick-Ass
Shutter Island
How to Train your Dragon
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1
and... that's all I got... 7/10... maybe there will be 8 by the time Tron: Legacy comes out and by the time I see Black Swan,

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Inception, Shutter Island, How to Train Your Dragon...not sure what else I saw <__<

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Top 5 full-length theatrically-released fictional films of 2010:
How to Train Your Dragon
Toy Story 3
The Social Network
The Expendables
Inception

Top 5 movies of 2010:
How to Train Your Dragon
Toy Story 3
You Don't Know Jack
Mortal Kombat: Rebirth
The Social Network

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I didn't see that many new movies this year...

1.Kick-Ass
2.Machete
3.Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
4.Iron Man 2 (at home, on my PS3, on blu-ray)
5.How to Train Your Dragon (on DVD, at my parents' house, with my nephews)

everything else I watched this year came out earlier... I think the newest one was Black Dynamite.

darkman80723

Jul 1, 2009
1.) Inception
2.) Toy Story 3
3.) Tron Legacy (yeah yeah, isnt out yet...but still...=D)
4.) Shutter Island
5.) Iron Man 2

All in all, not a terrible year but not a great one either, though Inception easily hits my top 5 of all time.

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
Couldn't you have waited until AFTER tron legacy?

5. The Social Network
4. Piranha 3D
3. Machete
2. Inception
1. Scott Pilgrim vs. the world

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
The only movies I saw in theaters and enjoyed were Inception, Hereafter, and Get Him to the Greek. Aside from that, I only saw another 2 in theaters: the Predator movie and...the one with the alien rape scene. What was it called? It was freaking awful. The girl I went with was embarrassed that she chose it. Predator was good for the first half hour, when it had the feel of a sci-fi Tarantino flick. Then it got all generic and predictable.
So I guess my list goes:
1. Inception
2. Get Him to the Greek
3. Hereafter
4. Predator (but I didn't even like it)
5. Splice! That's it! But I hated it.

Honestly, TV is so good these days that I don't have much of a desire to go to movies. I get comedic gold with Community, 30 Rock, and The Office on one night. Mad Men has the sterling acting and drama. Dexter satisfies the bloodlust. Chuck is my favorite show hands down right now, as it does pretty much everything without taking itself too seriously.

Lord_Kristof

Sep 24, 2010
Inception was definitely mind-blowing, a very good Sci-Fi thriller, probably the best I've ever seen. I so want to go see it again.

Shutter Island has great ambience, and it's pretty good despite being a bit too long. The twist finale is somewhat cliched and perhaps predictable, but the whole thing is great.

Scott Pilgrim... well, I wasn't crazy about it. It's a cool and enjoyable movie, but I didn't really get all the hype and praise for it.

Kick-Ass was good, but again, not as good as I was hoping for. A bit of a disappointment.

Iron Man 2 is a must see if you've seen and liked Iron Man 1. If you haven't, see it. If you've seen it and disliked it, don't bother with IM2.

Prince of Persia was a surprisingly good adaptation of the video game despite changing a lot of things and being an overall popcorn flick with not much to it.

I missed out on the Expendables, Machete, RED, Robin Hood, Centurion and Predators unfortunately. Well, you can't have everything. Sometimes I just don't feel like going to the cinema, and movies are played for a very short lenght of time nowadays.

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
I'm really strugling to think of a list, despite going to the cinema nearly everyweek. It seems not that much has left a lasting impression on me. I think I'm also disapointed that there aren't more foreign language or indie films on this list besides Kick Ass. Despite the number of films I wanted to see only so many have been shown near me.

1. Inception
2. Scott Pilgrim
3. Kick Ass
4. 4 Lions
5. Bad Lieutenant

Close runners up, Restrepo, Toy Story, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Another Year, Monsters

Year is not over yet though, still got Tron to look forward to.

thublihnk

Jul 24, 2009
Scott Pilgrim, Kick-Ass, Inception, The Social Network and Toy Story 3, but I'm sure i'm going to LOVE 127 Hours and Black Swan.

thublihnk

Jul 24, 2009
fullbleed said:
I'm really strugling to think of a list, despite going to the cinema nearly everyweek. It seems not that much has left a lasting impression on me. I think I'm also disapointed that there aren't more foreign language or indie films on this list besides Kick Ass. Despite the number of films I wanted to see only so many have been shown near me.

1. Inception
2. Scott Pilgrim
3. Kick Ass
4. 4 Lions
5. Bad Lieutenant
Bad Lieutenant came out last year, didn't it? Great movie, though.

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
thublihnk said:
fullbleed said:

1. Inception
2. Scott Pilgrim
3. Kick Ass
4. 4 Lions
5. Bad Lieutenant
It was this year in the UK so I'm counting it, same with Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

thublihnk

Jul 24, 2009
fullbleed said:
thublihnk said:
fullbleed said:

1. Inception
2. Scott Pilgrim
3. Kick Ass
4. 4 Lions
5. Bad Lieutenant
It was this year in the UK so I'm counting it, same with Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
Riiiight. Okay. Sorry.

Elesar

Apr 16, 2009
Right now the list is:
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Inception
Get Low
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
The Social Network

But the year's not over yet. I have Black Swan this weekend, and True Grit in a few weeks. Ask me again December 31st