What Were Your Top Five Movies of 2010?

May 25, 2010
1. Toy Story 3
2. Inception
3. The Social Netowork
4. Scott Pilgrim vs The World
5. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallow Part 1.

It's easy enough for me. Tickets are cheap around here. 6? a piece. I can spare that much monthly and I don't even go to the movies that often.

Wengle

Nov 9, 2007
1. The Social Network
2. Scott Pilgrim vs The World
3. Kick-Ass
4. Get Him to the Greek
5. The A-Team

Jamienra

Nov 7, 2009
Can i say Inception 5 times? no? fine...

1. Inception
2. Scott Pilgrim vs The World
3. Get Him To The Greek
4. The Crazies
5. Daybreakers

Korenith

Oct 11, 2010
Spot1990 said:
Korenith said:
Why does everybody think Tron is going to be so amazing? When was the last time they did a decent reboot of an old series without losing all the charm and No the A-Team definitely does not count.

Apart from that I have to agree with most here. Scott Pilgrim, Kick Ass, Inception, Shutter Island, Expendables and RED were all great movies and I enjoyed Predators which was a nice surprise. Machete isn't out here yet though and I fully expect to add that to the list. Iron Man 2 was a massive anticlimactic letdown for me though.

Movie Bob's Black Swan Review also made me really want to see that too.
When was the last time they did a decent reboot of an old series without losing all the charm
I enjoyed Predators which was a nice surprise.
Answered your own question. Why doesn't the A Team count though?
Because I've seen people go on about how good it was but it completely failed at capturing the heart of the original series. Maybe it's just nostalgia talking but for me the A-Team was a product of its time and should be left well alone now.

And I guess that's true. I just didn't think of it as a reboot because of the AVP stuff which sort of carried the series on. And now you've said that I thought of one series they did bring back quite well, Die Hard, so I guess there is hope for Tron yet, I'm just confused as to why everybody is so hyped for it.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Iron Man 2
A-Team
Red
How To train your Dragon
Burlesque (amazing music, fun effects, decent story (it's a musical), great acting, and it's not afraid to take a few jokes at its own expense. It should be seen on the big screen, if only for the feeling. Almost like how Avatar could be viewed at home and still be good, but seeing it in IMAX would just blow you away because of the world. And my parentheses are longer than my actual post. [sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]and eye candy[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
Guilty Pleasure: Due Date.
Not So Guilty Pleasures: Expendables, Robin Hood
Haven't seen inception or Scott pilgrim.
Salt was decent.

MEEBO17

Mar 3, 2010
That I saw?
1)Kick Ass
2)Scott Pilgrim
3)Toy Story 3
4)Harry potter
5)How To Train Your Dragon

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
No particular order (I'm not good at prioritizing personal favorites):
T=Theater D=DVD/BluRay rental or purchase

T - Inception (I love mind benders and great effects... put them both together with solid acting talent and you cna't go wrong in my book)
D - Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (even though my wife thought it was hilarious, and not in a good way)
D - Kick-Ass (and yet she loved this one)
D - How to Train Your Dragon (Pre-Ordered it on Amazon without permission... and was thanked after viewing)
T - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt.1 (I was sincerely impressed with this film, especially after watching the last several adaptations be so lackluster)
D - She's Out of my League (laughed from beginning to end, and even had a few 'yeah, that's happened to me' moments)
D - Robin Hood (I really liked this film, and it helped reinforce my indifference to reviewers' written opinions)
T - Iron Man 2 (again, I wasn't expecting much but came out of the theater wanting to strangle a few reviewers that either didn't pay any attention to the film, or who nerdraged so hard about having Mickey Rourke play Whiplash under the name of the Crimson Dynamo's pilot that their eyes redhazed out the rest of the film "Too amny villains, I was confused the whole time")

Guest_Star

Jul 25, 2010
Moeez said:
5. A Prophet (absolutely engrossing French film about a Muslim in prison who rises up the ranks to work for a racist mob boss that actually rivals GODFATHER in scope, character arcs, development, shocking violence, and drama.)
This is absolutely the best film of the year (tho it's from 2009). Saw it with a bunch of mates who are more into explosions and T&A (the type of guys that shout "Boobies!" at the screen whenever they see some), but even they was so sucked into the film that they kept their mouths shut the entire 2 1/2 hours.

Octopusesgarden

Feb 15, 2010
5.The illusionist (The french animated film, not the Edward Norton one a few years back)
4.The social network
3.Mary and Max
2.Inception
1.Scott pilgrim vs. the world
I have a feeling that most people haven't seen the illusionist or Mary and Max. If not, check them out, they're truly excellent films. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgRjB8PEDkM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPdLrxxo4mg To anyone who intends to see the illusionist, it's actually 10x more beautiful seeing it on the cinema than the internet trailers

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Octopusesgarden said:
5.The illusionist (The french animated film, not the Edward Norton one a few years back)
4.The social network
3.Mary and Max
2.Inception
I have a feeling that most people haven't seen the illusionist or Mary and Max. If not, check them out, they're truly excellent films. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgRjB8PEDkM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPdLrxxo4mg To anyone who intends to see the illusionist, it's actually 10x more beautiful seeing it on the cinema than the internet trailers
Damn you for seeing Illusionist! How did you see it? Film festival?

Octopusesgarden

Feb 15, 2010
Moeez said:
Octopusesgarden said:
4.The social network
3.Mary and Max
2.Inception
Damn you for seeing Illusionist! How did you see it? Film festival?
Around the time of the Edinbrugh festival. Brilliant city.
Great to see someone else who knows of it

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
1. Inception
2. The Town
3. Scott Pilgrim
4. Red
5. Predators/Iron Man 2 (I really can't make up my mind with these two. D: )

Those would be my top five moives of the year 2010.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Now when I think of it... As odd as it may sound... I haven't seen a single movie from 2010 :<

To do some kind of a contribution to this thread, I'll recommend a great movie from the year 1949:
Kind Hearts And Coronets
[small]Alec Guinness has eight different roles in it[/small]

SpaceSpork

May 15, 2009
My FAVORITE movies of the year:

1. Scott Pilgrim
2. Inception
3. Kick-Ass
4. Toy Story 3
5. The Social Network

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
There are still too many movies for me to see (much like yourself) for a definitive list to be made. I'll end with a tentative list though. This is a fantastic article. As a film major/film maker I find the immediacy of the industry a duel edged sword. I too have far too little money to even go to one movie in the theater a week, and some weeks there are 3-4 new movies I would like to see. Netflix is the niftiest invention. I have maxed out my queue for both the DVD's and Instant play. And I have a backlog word doc of movies I need to look up when I have more room. Now if only I had more time to catch up!

Inception
Kick-Ass
Splice
Sherlocke Holmes (which I saw in the theater in 2010)
Machete

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Wow...I belong here. I will place an asterix as these are the top films of 2010 I saw. I tend to be behind the curve and see films years later that end up being in my top 5 for that year.

1. Inception
2. Scott Pilgrim
3. Toy Story 3
4. Kick Ass
5. Black Swan