what will happen to your body after death?

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
If I die, I want to be cremated and my ashes thrown over the Niagra Falls.

Notice I said IF

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
I want my corpse launched into space and left to orbit the Earth forever more, never decomposing in the vacuum. That would be awesome.

That or used as a warning about the effects of spending too much time in Bakeries.

Seriously though, I most like to see it go towards medical science. It's not going to be any use to anyone a few feet underground so I might as well be useful for something, even if it means being dead to do it.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
escapistrules said:
what do you want to happen to your body after you die?)
Plastination for an art exhibit would be cool (look it up - fascinating, but not for the squeamish). However, I don't have any family so there probably won't be the money or the motivation to organise that. I'll probably just get burned or dumped somewhere.

I have a friend who is donating his body to a university once he dies, so they can do experiments on his corpse and students can learn things. I think that's pretty awesome too.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
If I die the way I want to die, it will be charred to mostly unrecognition in the fire that killed me and dozens of other people. Then they'll probably finish the job at a crematorium.

If I die in a different way, I imagine I'll still be headed to a crematorium because my family and I are too damn broke to afford a hole in the ground for my corpse to fester and rot in.

Either way, it won't matter to me, because I'll be dead.

Helmet

Could use a beer about now...
May 14, 2008
Put on my boat, pushed out into the ocean, burned. Viking style.

Looking For Alaska

Jan 5, 2009
It seems selfish not to donate my body and its organs to science.

Maybe I'll get some good karma and be reincarnated as a rich person.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Gladion said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
I want my viable organs harvested for medical use, the rest of my body I want cremated, and if at all possible I would like the heat from my body to generate some useable energy, although I don't think that will happen.
Well, I think people could use the biogases coming from you. Don't be ashamed, we all fart our last fart after we've died.

OT: I'll have my organs donated, why should I care about them after my death?
If I was burnt to generate electricity that would be my absolute ideal disposal.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I'm going to write in my will that I want a Viking Funeral (preferably held somewhere where that kind of thing is legal). Soooo, after I die, I want my corpse to burn on a wooden boat with some of my possessions and then sink into the ocean/sea/bay/lake/whatever for the omnivorous and carnivorous aquatic creatures to finish off.

Dream funeral, right there!

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
Ill be burned to a pile of ashes, but that might spread an awful disease that will wipe out all of man kind 0.0. Because of this possibility, I'll probably just be buried like most people.

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
I don't think anyone would want my organs after I'm done with them.

I think I'll be buried... in space!

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
2012 Wont Happen said:
Gladion said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
I want my viable organs harvested for medical use, the rest of my body I want cremated, and if at all possible I would like the heat from my body to generate some useable energy, although I don't think that will happen.
Well, I think people could use the biogases coming from you. Don't be ashamed, we all fart our last fart after we've died.

If I was burnt to generate electricity that would be my absolute ideal disposal.
Well you could have your blood used to rotate a waterwheel. Your intestines could be used als alternators. Your teeth could serve as the little thing that is rattling in spray cans. The possibilities are infinite!

DkLnBr

Apr 2, 2009
I want to be cryogenically stored until a time when science finds the cure for death. OR EVEN BETTER! have my brain put into a robot. That would be cool.

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
It will either rot, or be a heap of ashes. I prefer to be a heap of ashes, cheaper and easier to store.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
2012 Wont Happen said:

Basically, I want the most good done with my body as possible, with as few remains left behind as possible.
It takes energy to burn a person, and even at that they tend to leave many larger bones intact, which then have to be ground up. People don't burn like logs, you have to keep applying the heat or they stop burning, you can't get usable energy from burning them, unless you extracted the fat and ground up and composted all the other bits.

As for my body, I have not really given it much thought, as in it's not much of a pressing issue for me. In other words I don't really care, it's not likely it is going to be much use to anyone anyway as I plan to die in manner only remembered for how awesome it was, and how much a mess it left behind.

GnomeThief

Apr 9, 2009
I'd like to be buried in a tomb somewhere in Egypt with all of my possessions and an entire labyrinth of traps set up to guard my festering corpse. That way if grave robbers try to come and pillage thinking its a tomb full of gold and artifacts they'll have to go through all that work to find nothing but a room full of some teen's worthless junk.

Or, failing that, I suppose I'd like to be cremated. Donated to science isn't bad either. I'm not picky.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Gladion said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
Gladion said:
2012 Wont Happen said:

Well you could have your blood used to rotate a waterwheel. Your intestines could be used als alternators. Your teeth could serve as the little thing that is rattling in spray cans. The possibilities are infinite!
Most of those would be exceedingly morbid. However, the act of cremation is common already, and the heat energy could be used for electricity. Nothing breaking social mores would be required.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
Just a small vial of my DNA so I may one day be born again. The rest can be cremated.