what will happen to your body after death?

Lord Legion

Feb 26, 2010
I'm an organ donor...

Anyone read "Testament of Magdelen Blair"? It's by Aleister Crowley, and gives the idea that we do not loose consciousness when we die, and that we feel our bodies decomposing.

An entertaining idea to say the least,
but really, who cares what happens to us? Unless we get out of our scientific slump and develop robo-exoskeletons that can house our brains, it doesn't matter to me in the slightest.

One of Many

Feb 3, 2010
AvsJoe said:
I'm going to write in my will that I want a Viking Funeral (preferably held somewhere where that kind of thing is legal). Soooo, after I die, I want my corpse to burn on a wooden boat with some of my possessions and then sink into the ocean/sea/bay/lake/whatever for the omnivorous and carnivorous aquatic creatures to finish off.

Dream funeral, right there!

I would agree to that kind of funeral right there, however, if I should die, I will require that my body be soaked in fine Irish Whiskey first and for all of my friends and kin to get roaring drunk before lighting my corpse on fire.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
ShawnRiles said:
Before I die, I would request that a viking ship be built for me, then when I die I would be put on it, sent out to water and set it on fire.
Helmet said:
Put on my boat, pushed out into the ocean, burned. Viking style.
Dammit, I didn't realize how badly I got ninja'd. Good on you guys.
MicCheck1two said:
It seems selfish not to donate my body and its organs to science.
Be careful about that option: if your body isn't in PERFECT condition, your family and/or estate may face a lawsuit (and I do mean perfect, like no missing teeth for instance). I'll see if I can find the link to where I read this.

...nope, couldn't find it. So I guess the law of the Internet states that if I don't have a link, it didn't happen.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
2012 Wont Happen said:
Gladion said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
Gladion said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
I want my viable organs harvested for medical use, the rest of my body I want cremated, and if at all possible I would like the heat from my body to generate some useable energy, although I don't think that will happen.
Well, I think people could use the biogases coming from you. Don't be ashamed, we all fart our last fart after we've died.

OT: I'll have my organs donated, why should I care about them after my death?
If I was burnt to generate electricity that would be my absolute ideal disposal.
Well you could have your blood used to rotate a waterwheel. Your intestines could be used als alternators. Your teeth could serve as the little thing that is rattling in spray cans. The possibilities are infinite!
Most of those would be exceedingly morbid. However, the act of cremation is common already, and the heat energy could be used for electricity. Nothing breaking social mores would be required.
Hey, you were the one saying you wanted to get the best result out of your body, I just made suggestions :( Can't do it without getting your hands dirty. It's not like those ideas actually harmed anybody...

Roscoe_A

Aug 6, 2009
I want my body to be eaten by bears. Something that I've always considered a good way to leave the world...no one would forget my funeral

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Organ donation? Yeah, they can take my organs...when they peel them from my cold, dead body.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Gladion said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
Gladion said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
Gladion said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
I want my viable organs harvested for medical use, the rest of my body I want cremated, and if at all possible I would like the heat from my body to generate some useable energy, although I don't think that will happen.
Well, I think people could use the biogases coming from you. Don't be ashamed, we all fart our last fart after we've died.

OT: I'll have my organs donated, why should I care about them after my death?
If I was burnt to generate electricity that would be my absolute ideal disposal.
Well you could have your blood used to rotate a waterwheel. Your intestines could be used als alternators. Your teeth could serve as the little thing that is rattling in spray cans. The possibilities are infinite!
Most of those would be exceedingly morbid. However, the act of cremation is common already, and the heat energy could be used for electricity. Nothing breaking social mores would be required.
Hey, you were the one saying you wanted to get the best result out of your body, I just made suggestions :( Can't do it without getting your hands dirty. It's not like those ideas actually harmed anybody...
They were good ideas, and I would actually be cool with them. Its just that other people might not like having my teeth in their bottles of spray paint and such.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
2012 Wont Happen said:
They were good ideas, and I would actually be cool with them. Its just that other people might not like having my teeth in their bottles of spray paint and such.
I appreciate your compliment, thanks. About those people: Pfft, they're the ones who want their spray cans all rattlingy, who are they to complain? They don't even know what's in there.

mrx19869

Jun 17, 2009
cremation then place the ashes in fireworks. launch. go out with a bang.....

done...

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
I'm also pretty sure my organs will be of no use to anyone, so I'd like to be sent to a body farm [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_farm] so my meat can be of some value when I'm done with it. Plus, I'll have a glamorous job in forensics!

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Gladion said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
I appreciate your compliment, thanks. About those people: Pfft, they're the ones who want their spray cans all rattlingy, who are they to complain? They don't even know what's in there.
That's true. In fact, there is a small market that would probably prefer to buy the spray paint with human teeth inside.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
I want to be ressurected as mecha-Pegghead!

Aside from that I think I'd just like to lie in a nice coffin in a peaceful little graveyard, I've always found graveyeards very serene.

nick_knack

Jul 16, 2008
FIRED INTO SPACE! FROM A GIANT RAILGUN ON THE SURFACE! YEEAAAAAHHHHHH!

Also my funeral should be a subdued party of some kind.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
ShawnRiles said:
Before I die, I would request that a viking ship be built for me, then when I die I would be put on it, sent out to water and set it on fire.
Damn ninja'd

I wonder what the bureaucracy is around that?

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
I'm gonna donate my organs, then probably get cremated or something.

I'm just that kind of guy.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
When I die, I'm going to have C4 strapped to my hands, feet and around my torso and my corpse to be laid out in an open field with a large wooden trebuchet tied to my ankle. They'll say a few nice words, fling me and scream something funny and detonate me.

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
I'm an organ donor. My body; as naturalistic a burial as possible - let me feed the earth.