What word do you most overuse?

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Furburt said:
UnableToThinkOfName said:
We all have one (or more). I have the unfortunate habit of bookending every sentence with either "um", "y'know", "like" or ending them with "really". I mean, why can't I make a habit of saying "narf" or "derp"? Meh, well. Anyway, what's your overused word(s)? "Anyway" is another one, actually. So's "actually". ENOUGH!
I don't actually know, but since you actually know me in real life, you can tell me.

What word do I most overuse, Gabriel? I'd like to know.
Furburt said:
"Gabriel, calm down."
Sadly, that's actually probably it.

According to Kevin (my dad) I don't actually have one. So I have no place on this thread.

Awaaaaaaay!

*flies off*
Furburt said:
Actually, I realised that I use the word '****' a lot.

So that.

I love that word.

Kielgasten

Oct 12, 2009
GodsAndFishes said:
HappyTreeFriend said:
I think ending a sentence with -thingie. English is not my first language, and i tend to forget a word every once in a while.
English is my first language and I do the same.

Technically thingymajig but thats beside the point.
Haha, I find that very comforting :)

Mordant Marmite

Dec 26, 2009
Off the top of my head:
1.Bloody
2.What
3.Bugger

Other than that I go through phases of overusing certain words/phrases anywhere from a week to a month or two. Probably more down to OCD though as it is usually accompanied by what I would describe as some sort of 'physical tic' (technically this is wrong and it should be referred to as a 'compulsion' but I don't like calling it a 'physical compulsion' - it just doesn't sound right).

EDIT: 4.Technically