What would happen if Activision, Mircosoft and Apple teamed up?

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
A whole lot of focus groups that make outwardly appealing but inwardly flawed hardware and software?

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Nothing

You get nothing. Activision would like to make an FPS, Mircosoft wants it to be Xbox 360 only. Apple refusing to let that happen. Activison slits knowing the game will never be released. Leaving Mircosoft and Apple to also slit.

They couldn't work together.

Gray Monk

Sep 25, 2010
Cazza said:
Nothing

You get nothing. Activision would like to make an FPS, Mircosoft wants it to be Xbox 360 only. Apple refusing to let that happen. Activison slits knowing the game will never be released. Leaving Mircosoft and Apple to also slit.

They couldn't work together.
But what if they did work together ;)

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Since I'm boycotting apple, then i guess i'd be more or less screwed wouldn't i? lol. seriously, i wouldn't be able to buy anything more complicatedd than a toaster.

lettri

Oct 17, 2010
Interesting idea. :)
They'd probably get shut down because of monopoly laws or something.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Ummm... it'd be 2012?

On-topic: It'd probably be a temporary team up, then an argument over who should have the most money and finally a war. A great big war.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Sebenko said:
Wouldn't that be an effective monopoly?

I hear the US government has a special banhammer or something.
Pretty much this, joining together would effectively hamper anything they tried to accomplish than if they did it apart because of the special Monopoly Banhammer.

Competition is healthy. Tis true.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Gray Monk said:
I really have no idea so I'm here to ask you guys what would happen?
Code:
The destruction of the Earth.
Seriously though, it depends on whether governments would call foul or not. If they didn't, we would have to get Sony, Disney and Nintendo to unite and fight them. And seriously seriously... i think we would get an epoch of cyberpunk, and then a Marxist revolution by the annoyed masses. Good thing it has low probability of happening, and in reality such "team-up" would be crushed by anti-monopoly laws.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
They would produce a computer that's overpirced, underpowered, be glitchy, have Clippy, and would unlock the functionality of important parts via "DLC," such as mouse, keyboard, and monitor support.

Adecristo

May 20, 2010
Well, probably this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/1430-iPotato].
And seriously, I would just buy PlayStation.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
Bobby Kotick would ensure the popular Windows franchise was exploited with new entries every six months, as well as charging for the major patches as 'premium' DLC.

All online functionality on Apple devices would be replaced with "iWnet". Removing the need for web addresses entirely, you would simply select a broad category of site you wished to visit and be directed to the one with the lowest ping.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
The world would end. There I said it. Firstly they would nearly have a monoply on electronics. So complete take overs of other companies would soon follow. Just their combined economic value would be more than most countries, they might attempt would control!