What would nintendo need to have to get you buy a Wii U?

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
What would Nintendo need to to in order to get me to buy a Wii U? Well, this one's incredibly easy.

Just sell it. Sell it, already. I'm sold, as it is.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
I'm already sold, just make sure to give me one with rechargable batteries. That is my one hope, rechargeable controller batteries.

Threeseventyfive

Feb 25, 2012
I'm still unsure if I will get a Wii U early on or if I will wait until it's cheaper. The Wii U will either be a huge success or a colossal failure like the Virtual Boy.

If Nintendo wants to remain competitive without the "casuals" keeping them afloat they really need to make some new, innovative IPs.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I

Well...

Oh, hey, now that everyone's brought it up, a Harvest Moon game would be a good reason to get a WiiU. And maybe a Rune Factory game on the side?

I'll get a Wii U when I collect all the good games that will hopefully be coming out for the Wii up until the end of this year. Give me... Dragon Quest X!

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
I'll be buying it when a new Zelda game comes out with it.

Yeah, I went there

It kind of sucks having to keep buying new consoles just to play the same game series though. I wish Nintendo would release a "Zelda Console", which would have all the games pre-built it, and is shaped like a triforce, and the wii remote is shaped like the master sword-yay.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Add a fabric top so I could use it as an ottoman. Whilst I use my gaming PC.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
A sales strategy that doesn't resemble a ponzi scheme trading in my childhood nostalgia, an online infrastructure that doesn't make the process of doing literally everything a pain, and at least five games I want to play to be identified later.

Same rules I had for the PS3 and 360. Though, to be fair, when I got my 360 I wasn't particularly interested in the online bit.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Online capabilities equal to Sonys and Microsofts efforts.

Oh, and Lost Kingdoms 3.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Buretsu said:
Crono1973 said:
I also have to say that Nintendo has really hurt their first party titles this gen with gimmicky controls. I can honestly say that the two DS Zelda games and Skyward Sword were ruined by the controls and other first party titles had motion and touch controls forced in where they didn't need to be too.
I never really had a problem with the controls in the DS Zelda games. What ruined Phourglass was the multiple repeat trips to the same central dungeon, and the fact that they featured timed stealth missions with enemies you couldn't even harm until the last couple hours of the game. And Spirit Tracks could have replaced Link and Zelda with Mario and Luigi, with no serious impact to the storyline.
None the less, they forced touch controls whether you wanted them or not. Just like they forced motion controls into Skyward Sword whether you wanted them or not. They could have included traditional controls in all three games for those who wanted them. Why do you think they didn't?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
When a game going to be out for all three consoles, the Wii U version better not be the dumb down version nor does the company make a seperate Wii U game that is a lower quality compare to the other two consoles.

Also a steady flow of good games all year round so no more gaming drought (one month get a good game while the other months are crappy 3rd party releases), ever!

Cranky

Mar 12, 2012
I really don't see myself getting the next-gen consoles. If I did have a huge sum of spare cash lying about, I'd get a Wii U for SM Sunshine 2 or Wind Waker remade.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
First and foremost Nintendo need MORE ORIGINAL GAMES. They're relying on Mario, Metroid, etc far to much. As Yahtzee pointed out, the 3DS' launch line-up was nearly entirely remakes or ports.
Also they should treat the controller as a seperate gaming device as well as a controller with dedicated tablet games. You could potentially use it on the move, like a cutting-edge VMU.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Off the top of my head, games not built around a gimmicky controller, Nintendo to bring their online infrastructure into 2012 (friend codes really?) EXCELLENT third party support and this needs to happen having some good third party titles wont cut it, two gens in a row now Nintendos game lineup has sucked compared to Sony/Microsoft.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Personally, the money for one.

I don't have anything against the console or company but in the same breath I don't have a raging boner for it either.

Not a fan in the least of any of the Nintendo cash cows, Mario, Metroid and Zelda are nothing special ... I would even go so far as to say boring looking.

I would use the console and such 'cos hey, free console, might as well use it but I wouldn't be squeeing all over the place.