What would you do with a key that opens everything?

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
I got this idea from a Noddy tv show adaptation I remeber seeing long ago (not the 'Make Way for Noddy' thing, I'm referring to one of the older adaptations), it had an episode where Noddy finds a big key with a ruby on it, all I really remember about it was that the key allowed Noddy to unlock virtually anything he wanted.

So, say you have in your possession a key, one that can open and unlock virtually anything, any door, any car, any safe, any locker, you name it, it can open everything.

What would you do with it?

I might use it mess with people, I'd it use to, say, unlock a front door and throw in the house a red rose and making whoever lives there think he/she's got an admirer, or I'd lock someone in an outside for a few seconds, shake it for a while, and try to make the person think the outhouse is haunted, hehe!

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I'd open everything.

trollface.jpg

BUT ANYHOW, I'd probably rob people blind. I'm a wonderful person.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
Necromancer Jim said:
I'd open everything.

trollface.jpg

BUT ANYHOW, I'd probably rob people blind. I'm a wonderful person.
You godamn space ninja. That's exactly what I was thinking.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
Why, then... It is the key to the greatest treasure in all the land! (End Robin Hood: Men in Tights thoughts here).

Hm. I'd probably be a happy little girl, because I'd never have to worry about losing my house key. Of course, what would happen when I inevitably misplaced my key-to-open-everything remains to be seen.

PlasmaFrog

Feb 2, 2009
A key that opens everything, eh?

This depends. Is it a key that can figuratively open anything that is bound by some force? Is this key just a regular key, or can it shape-shift into a multitude of devices? Because I think that I may have trouble opening anything that doesn't have a key hole.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
i'd use it to my own convience~

store not open, and I want food? just unlock the front door, grab some pop and chips, and leave cash on the counter (what? i'm not a dick)

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
I would open reality and study the innermost workings.

Then I would open pathways between timelines and parallel universes.

Then I would watch the chaos.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
Is it common knowledge that I have it? Because if so, I'd destroy it. That's a lot of power, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to defend it against people with less wholesome intentions.

Otherwise, I'd keep it on me at all times. You never know when it'd come in handy. :)

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Sounds like a poor excuse for a keyblade, so I'd unlock the dimensional boundaries that previously would have limited virtual worlds to ... well, being virtual. Then I'd unlock the barriers between our reality and the now existent 'fictions'. Now I have a keyblade of my own, as well as an assortment of other things (like an infinite ammo rocket launcher, for example, or maybe the key to immortality). Of course, then I'd use the key to re-lock the dimensional barriers so that a) evil villains don't destroy our super-powerless reality, b) some do-gooder doesn't go with some philosphical view of how things should be and come and take my stuff back, and c) so that no-one but me can do either of those things to the other worlds.

So yeah, I'd use the key to create realities (does that make me a god?), use the resources of all fictional realities to make myself effectively omnipotent and immortal, then keep the inter-dimensional peace (but I wouldn't interfere on an intra-dimensional level, because that would make me an intrusive arse).

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Break it.

No, really. I'd sell it instead, but I doubt it'll be used well, so it goes to the scrap pile.

ronnom 666

Oct 9, 2010
Could it perchance open someone's chest to allow me to remove their heart? If so then it is an amazing weapon and I would become the most amazing murderer ever. How cool would it be to remove a heart with no wounds on the body but a key hole.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
I don't think I'd do anything with it, I've never been the type to go into other peoples space uninvited.