What would you like to see in Infamous 2?

Sergeant Schatten

Mar 3, 2010
Well, Title says it all really

what I'd like to see is rather than just gliding, being able to actually pulse yourself off the ground and then glide - though it may take away from the parkour side of the game.

any ideas?

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Less sticky climbing. A lot of the time when I was trying to climb it felt like I was being pulled towards the building, and sometimes it threw off my jumps. I found it slightly annoying.

blackshark121

Jan 4, 2009
Chain link fences. Climb, blast through, just FIX THEM.

Make it a touch harder to be good, but make it stronger.

That, or let the first half of the game be good or bad, but then afterwards, split storyline.

And more diverse powers. Grenades, rockets, all similar. How about a skyburst grenade? An area lightning blast? When enemies get into melee range, they take persistent lightning damage? Make the good alignment power useful: let it do damage?

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
Grand Theft inFamous (have a wanted system basically with both the gangs and military). Want a more sophisticated morality system (I hear they are improving it). More means of travel available, more than walking, gliding from building to building, and the train tracks. Have more areas where climbing is actually a challenge, the sewers were good but not enough of them and could have gotten harder.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Give rewards for being neutral. I felt it was kind of annoying missing out on the bad missions when I was striving for the good side.

That would mean less healing or soul sucking grinding would be required to switch sides when you've run out of missions.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
blackshark121 said:
Chain link fences. Climb, blast through, just FIX THEM.

That, or let the first half of the game be good or bad, but then afterwards, split storyline.

And more diverse powers. Grenades, rockets, all similar. How about a skyburst grenade? An area lightning blast? When enemies get into melee range, they take persistent lightning damage? Make the good alignment power useful: let it do damage?
Basically, this.

Emphasis on chainlink fences and split storyline. Would give a much better reason to replay.

And faster travel.

Nick Holmgren

Feb 13, 2010
More everything. Really I would be happy with an expansion on the las game with new missions, powers, etc. Maybe work on the morality system so you only get the changes to the world instead of having a meter. You could thus have the powers change slightly over time into more good style or evil style. Oh and
blackshark121 said:
From my experience good is a ton harder as evil had the pwnage multi grenades and just ridiculous damage over all. Couldn't aim for crap but it wasn't really a problem.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
My only real issue was how Cole stuck to everything.
I don't care how they do it - fix it. It is immensely annoying not being able to grab a blast shard located two feet to your right just because Cole is incapable of getting off the platform without grabbing onto another one.

As far as powers go, I liked them in the first, and the potential of being able to get some of Kessler's powers excites me.
Though, if they bring back the Gigawatt Blades, please let them last for more than one hit without retracting.

I suppose a better flight system would be nice, but if they are able to fix the platforming, I won't care - I'd be content with running the rooftops of The Big Easy.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
A different character design than the one presented on the promo pics.

Seriously, that doesn't even look like Cole.

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
Make the civilians not run right through you as you're blasting someone. Seriously, why do they run towards you? Wouldn't they want to avoid you? Also, I want the shock wave to function like The Pyro's compression blast in TF2, so instead of it just aiming the rocket some where at random, it goes back to the rocket launcher henchmen. Also if the Reapers are in this game then don't make the Conduit be such a ***** and teleport a lot. Seriously, that pisses me off. Also like everyone else is saying, fix the sticky climb.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
I'll like to have less sniper ak-47s, its really odd how a guy standing on a roof of a 5 story building 2 blocks away can hit me... unless i have some electromagnetic field that sucks the bullets into my face.

And fix that damn sticky climb, it's annoying when I latch onto something when I wasn't even looking in that direction.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Julianking93 said:

Yeah, 'V-Neck shirt and necklaces' doesn't really scream "super hero" to me.

I'm not asking for a leather jacket with a lightning bolt printed on the back or anything, just that they don't make him look like a hipster.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Hazy said:
Julianking93 said:

I'm not asking for a leather jacket with a lightning bolt printed on the back or anything, just that they don't make him look like a hipster.
Wait what?? V-neck shirt and necklaces?

That's a joke right?

*looks back at picture*

Holy shit, I didn't even notice he's not wearing the typical track suit.

That...that's just horrid.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Hazy said:
Julianking93 said:

Wait what?? V-neck shirt and necklaces?

That's a joke right?

*looks back at picture*

Holy shit, I didn't even notice he's not wearing the typical track suit.

That...that's just horrid.
"Hey, Cole, how about getting me a beer?"
"Hey, Zeke, how about you go F$#& yourself?"

I can already see the frat boy shenanigans!

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Hazy said:

Ugh. I was just kinda annoyed that he looked like a younger, douchier version of Cole. Didn't even notice the stupid attire.

This game better kick ass or at least change his appearance.

Seriously, how the hell does he go from this [http://www.aolcdn.com/ch_gamedaily/cole-mcgrath.jpg] to this??? [http://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/images/news2001/28842/infamous_2.jpg]

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
I'd like to see Cole's physical actions take on more of an electric/superhuman aspect. A lightning fast (heh) sprint, a charged super jump, explosive punches that send enemies flying, etc. In the first game, you feel like a superhuman badass whenever you're tossing lightning. Then you jump on a car, run down the street, or punch some dude and it feels so blah. Would really help those stretches where the game feels bogged down or slow on account of blase parkour.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Hazy said:

Ugh. I was just kinda annoyed that he looked like a younger, douchier version of Cole. Didn't even notice the stupid attire.

This game better kick ass or at least change his appearance.

Seriously, how the hell does he go from this [http://www.aolcdn.com/ch_gamedaily/cole-mcgrath.jpg] to this??? [http://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/images/news2001/28842/infamous_2.jpg]
They probably wanted to make the game be more friendly and less gritty so they redesign Cole, that's what I think anyway. But they should at least explain his sudden new look in the story like maybe say years have passed since the first game or something.