What would you like to see in Infamous 2?

Sergeant Schatten

Mar 3, 2010
StBishop said:
blackshark121 said:
Chain link fences. Climb, blast through, just FIX THEM.

Make it a touch harder to be good, but make it stronger.

That, or let the first half of the game be good or bad, but then afterwards, split storyline.

And more diverse powers. Grenades, rockets, all similar. How about a skyburst grenade? An area lightning blast? When enemies get into melee range, they take persistent lightning damage? Make the good alignment power useful: let it do damage?
Basically, this.

Emphasis on chainlink fences and split storyline. Would give a much better reason to replay.

And faster travel.
Yeah It was a bit of a drag going through it all again but evil.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Marik2 said:
Julianking93 said:
Hazy said:
"Hey, Cole, how about getting me a beer?"
"Hey, Zeke, how about you go F$#& yourself?"

I can already see the frat boy shenanigans!
Ugh. I was just kinda annoyed that he looked like a younger, douchier version of Cole. Didn't even notice the stupid attire.

This game better kick ass or at least change his appearance.

Seriously, how the hell does he go from this [http://www.aolcdn.com/ch_gamedaily/cole-mcgrath.jpg] to this??? [http://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/images/news2001/28842/infamous_2.jpg]
They probably wanted to make the game be more friendly and less gritty so they redesign Cole, that's what I think anyway. But they should at least explain his sudden new look in the story like maybe say years have passed since the first game or something.
True, but I was hoping they'd go in more of a gritty direction.

But seriously, he looks younger than he did in the first. Someone explain this to me!

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Marik2 said:
Julianking93 said:
Hazy said:
"Hey, Cole, how about getting me a beer?"
"Hey, Zeke, how about you go F$#& yourself?"

I can already see the frat boy shenanigans!
Ugh. I was just kinda annoyed that he looked like a younger, douchier version of Cole. Didn't even notice the stupid attire.

This game better kick ass or at least change his appearance.

Seriously, how the hell does he go from this [http://www.aolcdn.com/ch_gamedaily/cole-mcgrath.jpg] to this??? [http://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/images/news2001/28842/infamous_2.jpg]
They probably wanted to make the game be more friendly and less gritty so they redesign Cole, that's what I think anyway. But they should at least explain his sudden new look in the story like maybe say years have passed since the first game or something.
True, but I was hoping they'd go in more of a gritty direction.

But seriously, he looks younger than he did in the first. Someone explain this to me!
I don't know people these days claim they hate all the gritty realism that games are doing these days. And I guess they made him look younger to attract a younger audience? It's what happened to Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell:Conviction.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Marik2 said:
I don't know people these days claim they hate all the gritty realism that games are doing these days. And I guess they made him look younger to attract a younger audience? It's what happened to Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell:Conviction.
That's the thing though, I like the gritty part, not the realism.

That's the problem. Games try too hard to be realistic and still maintain a sense of fiction and fantasy and that doesn't work.

You can still have something be dark and gritty but still be purely fictional. You can't really get too realistic when it comes to a guy with superpowers and time travel.

darkfire613

Jun 26, 2009
A more varied and ambiguous moral choice system. I think that they can be done well, it's just that no game has done a moral choice system the right way yet. Let me unlock the power on both sides with one purchase, so if I switch sides later in the story, I don't have to start with lowest-tier powers again. Use playtesting and write in specific sections where the player might be motivated to switch moral alignment, and have the story adapt logically to this decision.

In any case, I loved the first game and am extremely excited for the new one.

ReckzB

May 28, 2010
I want Cole to look like Cole first and foremost. The promotional artwork is actually quite good, but it's just not the Cole MacGrath that I came to know and love.

At least he still has the satchel, I guess.

Actual parkour would be nice; something more akin to Assassin's Creed. In the first inFamous we just had freeform 'vertical exploration', which was a lot of fun, yeah, but the ability to sprint through a street, slide across the hood of a car, leap over a newsbox, slide beneath a handrail and then scramble up the side of a building and keep going would be just badass.

Maybe some more random events in the city, such as when people were hanging someone from a street-light and you had to free the victim. That came up maybe three times in my first playthrough. Random events = replay value.
In addition to that; more side-mission types and repeatable side-missions.

Also; can we 'borrow' Mass Effect 2's biotic charge and give it a lightning revamp? Pretty please?