What Would You Like to See In Saints Row 4?

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Bigger, Floppier, Purpler Dildos.

In seriousness, Mission replay. The Devs had a pretty crappy excuse for it not being there.

and just bigger wackier set pieces, I loved Saints Row The Third, more fun than I've ever had with a GTA game!

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
The style of SR3 with the substance of SR2.

I also hope they go with the bad ending:
You end up as a freaking president! How awesome would the 4th game be if you're badass president running around blowing people up?!

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
LGC Pominator said:
And before people say that it would take too long to make multiple cities, I refuse to believe that making Steelport took more than a few weeks AT MOST, the city felt entirely like a copy-pasted Stilwater with the fun surgically removed.
Being a 3D animator myself, I can tell you no matter how "copy-pasted" it felt that it easily took MONTHS from the design phase to the point where it was properly shaded, lit, and ready to play. First you have the sketch on the paper, then you have to model everything, then texturing and shading, then lighting, and then setting up all the parameters in the game environment (what you can interact with and how, making sure there are no invisible holes and sealing off the places the player isn't supposed to get to. All of these stages are very tedious and very time-consuming. If you thought Stilwater felt copy-pasted, I can't imagine how much copy/pasting they would have to do to make new cities that look even a little different from Stilwater. And then there's getting all the content and details you as a player love in teach city.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
BoogieManFL said:
To be honest and yes I know I sound bitter but less SR3 and more SR2.

More cutscenes, memorable villains, more substance in general. I can't go into much more without getting pissed off because SR3 was a total let down for me. Saints Row 2 is in my top 5 favorite games of all time, 3 wouldn't place above 30.
*Slaps Boogie*

NOOOOOOOO!
No you do not sound bitter my good fellow.

As a Saints Row fan I HAVE to say that Saints Row: The Third was less fun then Saints Row 2.

They did need more cutscenes.
Better villains.
And more shit. (In both ways)

I agree with you!

Except it also needs to fix things like...

- More customization like SR2. (I don't know what they did with it in SRTT)
- A more badass everything... why did my guy feel like less of a person then he was in SR2?
- More good activities then the boring ones. (Why... WHY would they replace the awesome ones in SR2 like the cop one and Septic Avenger and keep the boring used ones!?)
- Mission replay/cutscenes.
- I want to PIMP my crib again!
- Better vehicles. I rode a badass small ass bike in SR2... what happened to things like that?

Saints Row 4 (or whatever it is going to be) will need to take suggestions from the fans.
I just want my funny but badass game like Saints Row 2.

Also what happened to the awesome end story of SR2?

DarksideFlame

Feb 9, 2011
xShredd said:
Are we sure that the fourth game will be released? Previously, I've heard that Activision was going to stop publishing and end the Saint's Row series. It would be great if they continued to do so.
Excuse me, but what power does Activision have over the Saints Row franchise? Did I miss out on something?

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
I didn't play that much of SR3, but still:
Ability to create your own vehicle;
More whackyness.

Also, many people are saying that 2nd part is better. Should I download it for PS3?

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I want the return of Gat and I was the return of story for the side missions; that's pretty much it. Also more of a return to better story telling.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
How am I supposed to care about shot-outs when I'm practically forced to use an UAV strike every time unless I want to get murdered by a helicopter while I'm waiting for my health to regenerate? After the first few missions I just got bored.

Saint's Row 2 was like crack.
Saint's Row 3 was like LSD.
I want my crack back.
I don't think I ever used a UAV strike in the entire game.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
How am I supposed to care about shot-outs when I'm practically forced to use an UAV strike every time unless I want to get murdered by a helicopter while I'm waiting for my health to regenerate?
Uhhhh...What?

I'm not going to say something like lrn2playnoob, but how was this an issue? I used the UAV during the mandatory section and promptly forgot about it. Meanwhile, I spent half the game taking down helicopters with pistols.

I don't even think of myself as particularly good.

Rednog said:
I want the return of Gat and I was the return of story for the side missions; that's pretty much it. Also more of a return to better story telling.
There...There was story to the side missions. It was generally explained the first time you played it. Sure, it was shallow, but so were the SR2 ones. If you mean cut scenes specifically, I can't really help you.

Speaking of which, you know what I want out of the side missions? Side missions. Guardian Angel, while kind of boring as a side mission, had two instances and one was completed as a mandatory story mission. Granted, they could drop GA as a side mission entirely and I wouldn't give a damn, but still. Half the game is tutorial.

Speaking of which, half the game is tutorial. That's pretty terrible. If there's a need for it or it's well done (Portal, perhaps?), that's great. If it actually slows things down, that's terrible. If it's done to pad out an already paltry play time, that's worse.

Yeeeah, there was a lot wrong with the game. Most of it came from that whole " gut the game for DLC" concept.

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009
More scenes like the Carlos one and Aieesha(spelling?) one. Moments like that gave me motivation to continue the story and take out the gangs rather than whatever ridiculousness The Third had.

Also, Easter Eggs. Remember that Easter Egg in 2 where you go that a house and hear the screams of a mother being killed by her son? That was insane! I don't recall that many in SR3 (granted I didn't play that one as much as I did 2 so it's possible there were a few scorchers there.)

In fact, many have had the idea of playing a separate character altogether, and taking down the Saints while customising and expanding your own gang. That would be neat.

xShredd

Jan 24, 2013
DarksideFlame said:
xShredd said:
Are we sure that the fourth game will be released? Previously, I've heard that Activision was going to stop publishing and end the Saint's Row series. It would be great if they continued to do so.
Excuse me, but what power does Activision have over the Saints Row franchise? Did I miss out on something?
Lol, sorry I meant THQ. Activision probably came into my mind because they also ended the Guitar Hero series.

Anyway, here is some news about what I was talking about, the company going bankrupt, and therefore shutting down productions of the games they own.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/jan/24/thq-brands-saints-row-homefront

http://www.webpronews.com/thq-publisher-of-saints-row-files-for-bankruptcy-2012-12

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
BoogieManFL said:
To be honest and yes I know I sound bitter but less SR3 and more SR2.

More cutscenes, memorable villains, more substance in general. I can't go into much more without getting pissed off because SR3 was a total let down for me. Saints Row 2 is in my top 5 favorite games of all time, 3 wouldn't place above 30.
I'm with you on this man. Saints Row 2 takes pride of place in my collection. Saints Row 3 isn't even in my collection. And I own Robo Pit 2. And the shitty gritty Space Invaders reboot (though in all fairness, everyone should own that).

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
VMK said:
More whackyness.

Also, many people are saying that 2nd part is better. Should I download it for PS3?
Oh, dude, Saints Row 2 outshines the third on so many levels it would take too long to list here. But if you want wacky, there'll be less of that. The trade-off does, however, get you compelling story-telling and character arcs.

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
SR3 but bigger, better and dumber. If I want a serious and compelling storyline, I'll go play GTA.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
It sounds slightly sacrilegious at this point but Dump the Saints. Any more stories with them being the biggest baddest motherfuckers in the world, losing all their influence because...reasons and then building themselves up to be bigger and badder just doesn't have the same punch anymore. Let me design my own gang from the ground up, colour scheme, fully customizable uniforms and styles pretty much anything I can do to customize my avatar, let me do to my gang. If there was one sore point for me from the first three games it's that my roughneck, knuckleduster punk chick character stood out like a sore thumb amongst the purple and gold super gang banger backdrop.

More interaction with the city. I love being able to slowly gain control over the city by buying land and completing missions but I never really got the feeling that doing so was giving me any benefit beyond generating funds.
so give me neighborhoods I can duck into where rival gangs or cops may not be as willing to chase me depending on my current reputation with the gang and my level of influence in the neighborhood.

Optional temporary alliances with other gangs. We all know how these games play out, eventually your crew has to be the only one left in the city, but that's not to say you can't use one of the other chumps to help you do some dirty work along the way.

Dash85

Mar 21, 2010
xShredd said:
DarksideFlame said:
xShredd said:
Lol, sorry I meant THQ. Activision probably came into my mind because they also ended the Guitar Hero series.

Anyway, here is some news about what I was talking about, the company going bankrupt, and therefore shutting down productions of the games they own.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/jan/24/thq-brands-saints-row-homefront

http://www.webpronews.com/thq-publisher-of-saints-row-files-for-bankruptcy-2012-12
Well, at least the publisher of Dead Island got them so you know they won't hold back too much in the SR games. Hopefully.

OT: Pretty much what everyone already said like the more customization of everything, have gangs come back as sepereate entities, preferably separate from the main storyline, like have the main villain but also have a whole bunch og gangs vying for turf. That'd be awesome. Also, deliver on that Matrix thingy with the powers. That DLC was fun and I was disappointed I couldn't keep the powers. If I can dress as a superhero, I want to be able to do superhero things.

Dash85

Mar 21, 2010
Diddy_Mao said:
It sounds slightly sacrilegious at this point but Dump the Saints. Any more stories with them being the biggest baddest motherfuckers in the world, losing all their influence because...reasons and then building themselves up to be bigger and badder just doesn't have the same punch anymore. Let me design my own gang from the ground up, colour scheme, fully customizable uniforms and styles pretty much anything I can do to customize my avatar, let me do to my gang. If there was one sore point for me from the first three games it's that my roughneck, knuckleduster punk chick character stood out like a sore thumb amongst the purple and gold super gang banger backdrop.

More interaction with the city. I love being able to slowly gain control over the city by buying land and completing missions but I never really got the feeling that doing so was giving me any benefit beyond generating funds.
so give me neighborhoods I can duck into where rival gangs or cops may not be as willing to chase me depending on my current reputation with the gang and my level of influence in the neighborhood.

Optional temporary alliances with other gangs. We all know how these games play out, eventually your crew has to be the only one left in the city, but that's not to say you can't use one of the other chumps to help you do some dirty work along the way.
OH this too. I had thought about this, it would be cool if, as you said, you could make your own gang, but the main villains would be the Saints who got so big they just became completely out of hand. Or something. You know, the whole Die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain type thing. Except they weren't really heroes.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
ScruffyMcBalls said:
VMK said:
More whackyness.

Oh, dude, Saints Row 2 outshines the third on so many levels it would take too long to list here. But if you want wacky, there'll be less of that. The trade-off does, however, get you compelling story-telling and character arcs.
Well, then once I haz enough moneyz, I'll give it a try.
Dash85 said:
Diddy_Mao said:

OH this too. I had thought about this, it would be cool if, as you said, you could make your own gang, but the main villains would be the Saints who got so big they just became completely out of hand. Or something. You know, the whole Die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain type thing. Except they weren't really heroes.
This is rad idea. It would be great to create your own characters with personalities of your choice. You make the MC and two of his/her best buddies, with who you start the whole thing, but then you are joined by other, developer-made characters.