What would you like to see less or more of around here?

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
TheLaughingMagician said:
SilverUchiha said:
Maybe bring back Extra Credits, Sterling, MovieBob,
These ones will pretty much never happen unfortunately. But I do agree that this site is in serious need of new personalities. I haven't even watched a ZP in months.
If you haven't already, I recomend watching TotalBiscuit's latest Content Patch where he talks about GameTrailers being shut down.

He talks about how internet video personalities are increasingly turning to youtube, and away from sites such as this one (which have their own proprietary video player) because youtube is more profitable these days and other video-hosting sites simply cannot compete.

Escapist will likely survive on its articles (which is an egg that GameTrailers didn't have in its basket), but I fear the days of interesting or hard-hitting videos and video personalities existing outside of youtube, are over.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Caramel Frappe said:
It's not necessarily still obtainable. Staff members can decide requirements or award that and other badges at their leisure, they just haven't done so for a time.

The Bucket

May 4, 2010
SilverUchiha said:
I imagine this is all to cut costs. But perhaps that could be fixed with better use of ads (less invasive and annoying, and more subdued) as well as more interesting figures for us to come back and watch, follow, and read about. How long til Yahtzee is gone? Because that will likely be the final nail in the coffin for Escapist and I think most of us are well aware of that.
The sad thing is that more profitable is pretty much the antithesis of non intrusive when it comes to adds. The more annoying they are the more they tend to pay per click

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
I'd like to see less of that Barbas guy; dude's fuckin' everywhere. :p

OT: Honestly, I just miss when this place was full of hustle and/or bustle, but there's little I could suggest to reclaim that. Granted this place is far from dead, and it's certainly been lively enough to keep me coming back for ...god damn, almost 8 years!? In any case, there's a noticeable vacancy.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I for one would appreciate it if we got rid of animated avatars. They're gimmicky, distracting, and annoying.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Souplex said:
I for one would appreciate it if we got rid of animated avatars. They're gimmicky, distracting, and annoying.
I'd like to respond with the suggestion that we get rid of your avatar and replace it with a constantly spinning head! Specifically, this one:

the_dramatica

Dec 6, 2014
If you could compete with gamesindustry.biz i'd like that! Not so much in a pc gamer insider/exclusives sort of way, but giving opinion pieces on the industry. You don't need to talk about ethics either, just the ongoings.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Barbas said:
Souplex said:
I'd like to respond with the suggestion that we get rid of your avatar and replace it with a constantly spinning head! Specifically, this one:

Yes, go do this. This needs to happen.

OT: We need less of Souplex's hate on animated avatars.