What you find annoying in Fallout New Vegas.

Wackymon

Jul 22, 2011
So, folks, tell me, what do you find the most annoying in Fallout: New Vegas?

For me, its when a NCR soldier comments on how they SOOOOO beat The Kings, despite them surrendering to them peacefully because of my help. Every time that happeneds, I quicksave, pull out my fists, and, with my horrible unarmed skills, proceed to beat them to death.

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
When a follower quest bugs out. I recently did a playthrough with Arcade, and never got his follower quest, despite having him from levels 4 to 42 and completing every major quest in the game. I even checked, and made sure I did all of the triggers. Nothing. It makes me want to stab puppies.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
The cartoonish evil the Legion does. I'd like them, if they made choices that'd HELP in the long run.

Also, cazadore poison. It's easy to get yourself in a death loop, walking through a door with low health.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
The lag. I'd happily play this game all day, every day if it didn't devolve into an unplayable PowerPoint presentation every few minutes.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
The abundancy and general awesomeness of Stimpacks. I think they really undermine the survival aspects of the game.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
GiantRaven said:
The abundancy and general awesomeness of Stimpacks. I think they really undermine the survival aspects of the game.
Honest Hearts and Dead Money were great because of their scarcity.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
The occasional freeze and lack of diversity of the radio stations. A problem easily solved by modding but unfortunately you can't do that on a console, doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to make a patch or some DLC with more music.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
The first time I played the game, I went out to Nellis a weird way. There's a hill you can go over, and you don't meet that guy who warns you when you go that way. So I just wandered out and suddenly heard a noise.

Then I blew up.

Thankfully, I had a save from just moments before. I actually really like the Boomers.

Vault 34 bugs me, though. Too many feral ghouls. Those things freak me out.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
DustyDrB said:
The first time I played the game, I went out to Nellis a weird way. There's a hill you can go over, and you don't meet that guy who warns you when you go that way. So I just wandered out and suddenly heard a noise.

Then I blew up.

Thankfully, I had a save from just moments before. I actually really like the Boomers.

Vault 34 bugs me, though. Too many feral ghouls. Those things freak me out.
But you get the All American there.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
The corrupted save game files.

After the fourth time I lost all my progress I just gave up.

Didn't feel like I was missing much. The game just felt like an expansion of Fallout 3 with a dialogue upgrade.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Zhukov said:
The corrupted save game files.

After the fourth time I lost all my progress I just gave up.

Didn't feel like I was missing much. The game just felt like an expansion of Fallout 3 with a dialogue upgrade.
It's tonally different, and I appreciated its less dreary outlook.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Well the occasional freezing, forcing me to restart my console can be pretty annoying.

Although, I have recently found that installing the game in my 360 seems to make it run a bit better. No lag between dialogue, shorter loading screen, ect. So I'll assume that the freezing will occur much less often.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Gamebryo hitboxes and terrain mapping in the physics engine not matching what it looks like on-screen. (i.e. the air near that corner is apparently made of concrete)

It was a little better about that than Fallout 3, though. Baby steps...

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
The fact that there's no Doc Holiday moustache for your character, nor a poncho to make you look like Clint.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
-The dull and uninteresting environment that is the Mojave wasteland, and its locations
-The "you cant even ATTEMPT to pick a lock unless you have X level skill" mechanic
-The "you cant even ATTEMPT to hack a computer unless you have X level skill" mechanic
-The railroaded main-quest and world design
-Cazadores
-The fact that it is so buggy that it makes Fallout 3 look stable
-The half-assed, and poorly thought out, mechanics such as the disguise system
-The companions that ram their ONE, and only one, personality trait into your face at all hours of the day, seriously Boone, take these razor blades, slit your wrists, and SHUT THE FUCK UP.
-The overall worse quality of the DLC compared to Fallout 3, the exception being Old World Blues, which blew away its Fallout 3 counterpart Mothership Zeta.
-The overall sameness in each of the 4 main-quest's quest paths.

skotconcarne

May 4, 2011
I love Fallout, would be safe to bet i have wasted a solid 5,000 hours in the wastes of 1, 2, tactics, BoS, 3, and NV. Now that by no means makes me an expert, and wouldn't want to be. There are alot of flaws in all of them but my biggest gripe would be how contrived New Vegas felt. Instead of 'Mad Max beyond Thunderdome' it felt more like a 'A boy and his Dog'. I went through the game expecting very clean people to pop out of a door in the ground at any moment! Everything seemed like there was a factory making them by the gross. FO3 at least felt dirty, maybe even go so far as to say ruins, New Vegas felt like Disney Land with Assault rifles!