What you find annoying in Fallout New Vegas.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
skotconcarne said:
I'm going to reply to you, but address the crowd overall as well. I feel that sometimes, people complain too much. That's just how I feel. In your particular case, I would point out that in VEGAS, a veritable desert palace of a town as is, they are hardly going to look like shit because it's VEGAS. There's people who understand that Vegas is suppose to look like a jewel of the desert and thus be polished to perfect gleam. It's also the city of sin and gambling, so violence and money are what it's all about. To me, it makes sense in context. I'm using you as an example, but you're not the only one.

OT: The thing I actually DID find annoying was not the Deathclaws, the Cazadors, the Ghouls, the Mutants, or alot of things. The frequency of those walking tanks, the radscorpions was what bothered me. I'm not knocking the game. New Vegas was alot of fun for me. But I did encounter 8 of them in one valley and 6 more over the next rise at one point.

evilengine

Nov 20, 2009
The initial start to the journey. You're pretty much forced to follow this one specific route to get to your goals, or even to somewhere expansive and different. Fallout 3 didn't have that, the moment you got out of the vault you could go anywhere you like.

Also there's the business with the different armies, groups and whatnot. You have no good reason at all to join Cesar's Legion, from the start it's painted as cartoonishly evil, and even after meeting up with Cesar and talking to them more in depth....there's still nothing to make me join up with them. The NCR is by no means 'good', but it's wayyyyy better then the Legion.

for example; NCR don't enslave, they allow women to join, they try to have a system of law and order, they don't randomly ambush you in the desert (even if you're on good terms with the Legion they do this) forcing you to fight them off and lower your relationship status. In short, there's no reason on Earth to side with Cesar.

and Cazadores. Oh the Cazadores...

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
Soviet Heavy said:
Something tells me you have a bone to pick with New Vegas that goes beyond mere annoyance.
That's just SajuukKhar, he runs on Obsidian hate

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The radio stations suck.

Also, "Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for nuclear winter."

Mar 30, 2010
GiantRaven said:
The abundancy and general awesomeness of Stimpacks. I think they really undermine the survival aspects of the game.
Hence the 'hardcore' mode. Stimpacks are a lot less useful in NV than in 3 as they no longer repair crippled limbs, and any character with a halfway decent survival skill will have food recipes that heal far more than Stims. I get what you mean about their abundance - my current level 28 character has more than 200 in his inventory but mostly this is because he never has to use them. When you compare Stims (9hp for 6 secs with his current Med skill) with DC Omlettes (12hp for 60 secs with his current Survival skill) Stims are totally unnecessary except as bartering fodder.

OT: The loading times get me. Fair do's, it's my fault for playing the 360 version, but sometimes (in New Vegas itself especially) I spend 10 seconds traversing a playable area, 20 seconds in a loading pause, then 10 seconds walking through the streets, then 20 seconds in a loading pause ... you get the idea.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
That I need to level up to twenty before I can play Dead Money.
I just want to play Dead Money as a standalone game, why can't I just do that?

Gran28

Mar 17, 2009
Cazadores, those damn bugs always get me somehow, and produces that annoying sound whenever I get stung.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Mygaffer said:
You don't play hardcore I take it...

A lot of valid complaints. I love the game but it does have its flaws. Unfortunately yours is EASILY remedied especially if you like those survival mechanics.
They're still readily available and cheap (compared to the amount of money you can easily aquire) on hardcore mode. Sure they take a little longer to kick in and don't heal crippled limbs but they're still the optimum solution for health loss. I think they should be much rarer and cost a lot more.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
The goddamn bugs. And no, im not talking about Cazadors.

I really wish i could play New Vegas, but it has decided not to let me on my current file.

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
I just remembered the absolute worst thing in NV. The bug that makes you freeze up in vats and get murdered because your guy will just sit there for 30 seconds getting nailed by the squad of legion assassins you were fighting.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Zhukov said:
The corrupted save game files.

After the fourth time I lost all my progress I just gave up.
This seems to be the one feature of every Bethesda game that they never mention but always have...it makes for the anger times indeed.

---

The implied non-linearity of the game that ends up smacking you into line. When you start the game and leave Goodspring, you can either go North and die, go West and Die, go East and Die or, go South and be happy. It seemed like you could only really go one way (or two if you know how to take the path with only one Deathclaw). The worst part is the things that kill you: either a bunch of giant Scorpions to the west or a bunch of giant fucking FLIES to the north! Cazadores I know but still...giant fucking flies.

Also the invisible walls...it seems like in every other Bethesda RPG you can climb up a 91-degree angle if you jump enough but not this one.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
The lack of Legion towns. Or rather the smaller amount of Legion content.

NCR, House and Yes Man get tons of quests, the Legion gets around five. Plus there is no Legion follower.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
The fact that the game is unplayable because every 5 minutes a death squad shows up and I can't afford enough ammo to kill them all because I put points in NOT firearms.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
The fact that I can't pick a lock or hack a computer if I don't spend enough of my points in that category.

At least let me try :(

Omega500

Dec 2, 2009
For whatever reason it refuses to play past this robot that crashes just as it starts to talk. Tried multi installs on different comps. It worked fine till i got dead money.
Mods arnt on steam workshop (i know how to install mods ive kinda lost track of which ones i have.

oh and there is a bit to much of freshwater about and as somone said those stimpacks kinda ruin things a bit

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
I have enjoyed many hours of Fallout: New Vegas but my last playthrough was abandoned when the occasional bugs / crashes got so infuriatingly frequent I once logged 8 "Illegal Operation...shutdown" crashes and 2 freezeups in ONE HOUR!

It's never been that bad. I tried a total re-install which seemed to do the trick...for about a day and then it slowly started to become "business as usual".

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
The same problem I have with all post-apocalyptic games:

They're not enough like Mad Max 2.