What you find annoying in Fallout New Vegas.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
ruedyn said:
The cartoonish evil the Legion does. I'd like them, if they made choices that'd HELP in the long run.

Also, cazadore poison. It's easy to get yourself in a death loop, walking through a door with low health.
I could swear they patched this early on. It seemed like in the beginning anti-venom and the like were worthless because poison never did any noticeable damage.

I don't recall if you can hot-swap Hardcore mode, but if so just switch off, stimpacks become instant, turn it back on. This will ruin your achievement, if that's what you were going for, but besides that it should save your game.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
GiantRaven said:
The abundancy and general awesomeness of Stimpacks. I think they really undermine the survival aspects of the game.
Honest Hearts and Dead Money were great because of their scarcity.
Except you'd carry buttloads into those DLC due to them being weightless.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
SajuukKhar said:
-The dull and uninteresting environment that is the Mojave wasteland, and its locations
-The "you cant even ATTEMPT to pick a lock unless you have X level skill" mechanic
-The "you cant even ATTEMPT to hack a computer unless you have X level skill" mechanic
-The railroaded main-quest and world design
-Cazadores
-The fact that it is so buggy that it makes Fallout 3 look stable
-The half-assed, and poorly thought out, mechanics such as the disguise system
-The companions that ram their ONE, and only one, personality trait into your face at all hours of the day, seriously Boone, take these razor blades, slit your wrists, and SHUT THE FUCK UP.
-The overall worse quality of the DLC compared to Fallout 3, the exception being Old World Blues, which blew away its Fallout 3 counterpart Mothership Zeta.
-The overall sameness in each of the 4 main-quest's quest paths.
Pretty much this and the uninspired and SAFE story they put together.

Loved old world blues, some of the best writing I've seen in awhile, if only those robot scorpions didn't have a metric fuckton of health and armor by level 30.

The only companion I liked was the nightkin and it was only because it was just such an outrageously weird character that I never got tired of her talking. Although having a zombie mexican manservant was fun for awhile.

Cazadores...... seriously just fuck them...... they are twitchy fast so until i got my anti material rifle I just went in with a 9mm uzi and relied on spray and pray and the mystical quicksave/load buttons to save me.

People say I don't like Obsidian, and they are right, I dont. I don't like how they work to make great games and then quit half way through, I don't like when stories turn into nothing, when mechanics that could of been amazing never develop, that they make bugs that are game breaking and then never fix any of them, or when fan boys jump out of the woodwork to defend the game with "what could of beens".

I see what could of been and I get angry, I liked the original fallout games and I've played the classics like baldurs gate that people lift up to show they do good work and they are great games<except fall out tactics, that game was terrible>, but like bioware, nothing they have done recently has been very good and it is because I know that they can do better that I don't like obsidian.

captcha: exceedingly well read, well thank you captcha. such a polite young program.

LordFeast58

Mar 17, 2011
One of my annoyance? I'm almost feels like that my road is too directed to Novak and then The Strip. If I go to the other way, I encounter the damn Cazadores. There is no feeling of freedom.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Idocreating said:
Soviet Heavy said:
GiantRaven said:
The abundancy and general awesomeness of Stimpacks. I think they really undermine the survival aspects of the game.
Honest Hearts and Dead Money were great because of their scarcity.
Except you'd carry buttloads into those DLC due to them being weightless.
In Dead Money, all your gear is swiped, and in Honest Hearts, there is a weight limit (I was playing Hardcore, weighted Stimpacks)

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
One thing I did not like were the odd glitches, I was in PERFECT standing with the NCR and when I meet up with them in New Vegas, one random NCR believes me to be part of the Legionaires and proceeds to attack me which leads to the WHOLE base in New Vegas to be hostile to me. I never went against the NCR or anything like that but that one asshole had to keep ruining it for me, so I had to reload my game and before entering I had to wait like 30 mins to an hour hour before I could continue with the main story.

Also the occasional game crashes.

Oh and in Dead Money near the end I got glitched so I was PERMANENTLY taking damage over time and had to restart the whole DLC over again.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
When my character became a trusted ally of the NCR, got her own set of Veteran Ranger Armor, and it was still registered as a disguise.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
evilengine said:
The initial start to the journey. You're pretty much forced to follow this one specific route to get to your goals, or even to somewhere expansive and different. Fallout 3 didn't have that, the moment you got out of the vault you could go anywhere you like.
This. just this.
I liked Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls because I could just go any direction I want and find something interesting (the challenge would, unless I was really unlucky, level up to me). New Vegas had the problem that at low levels, I was boned unless I followed a pretty specific path, fought pretty specific enemies and avoided others. Eventually, I got better at it, but by them I had already discovered the world was quite empty.

gim73

Jul 17, 2008
The main quest has a general path that leads you to the Strip, but that is EASILY sidetracked. Really early on too. Ever decide to side with the 'other' guys when protecting the guy in Goodsprings? Suddenly you are hated in goodsprings but liked by powder gangers. What to do now? How about head into the NCR correctional facility and do some quests for them?

As far as Caesar and his legion, they really don't fit with any of the groups in NV. All the wasteland baddies (Powder gangers, fiends, etc.) all are pretty much about drugs deep down. The legion crucifies several of them because of this. They revile tech, which puts them at odds with the NCR, BoS and boomers. They enslave women and force children to be soldiers, which puts them at odds with every community out there. They despise non-humans, so super mutants, ghouls and nightkin won't ever be on their side. They are their own little community of monsters, completely devoted to uniting the states under the banner of tyranny. Asking why you don't get more legion quests is like asking why you don't get more quests for those nice chaps in Paradise Falls.

Now for my complaint. I don't like the new ammo. I found it to be cluttering up my ammo menu most of the time, completely forgotten. It's kinda lame actually.