What you want to see at this year?s E3

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
WolvDragon said:
Adam Jensen said:
Captain Marvelous said:
Right, I'm one of the few on this site that actually liked Arkham Knight.
I replayed it immediately after completing it. I didn't do that with any other Arkham game. I absolutely loved it.
Consider me a third! I adore Arkham Knight as well.
Arkham Knight was great (if you didn't play on PC, which I didn't). I guess because it was third place in a series of four games people didn't give it the praise it deserved. But how do you top Arkham Asylum and Arkham City?

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
WolvDragon said:
Adam Jensen said:
Captain Marvelous said:
Right, I'm one of the few on this site that actually liked Arkham Knight.
I replayed it immediately after completing it. I didn't do that with any other Arkham game. I absolutely loved it.
Consider me a third! I adore Arkham Knight as well.
Arkham Knight was great (if you didn't play on PC, which I didn't). I guess because it was third place in a series of four games people didn't give it the praise it deserved. But how do you top Arkham Asylum and Arkham City?
Asylum wasn't great IMO. Sure, Arkham combat was new and fresh but it was very basic and I got rather tired of it by the end of the game even when that game didn't have mobs respawning. City added quite a bit to the base combat from beatdowns and quick-gadgets that made the combat a lot more interesting and fun. The bosses were shit in Asylum. And, the story wasn't really anything good, it was just Joker got his hands on Titan formula, made shit big, and Batman had to stop him. Certain moments like the Scarecrow stuff were great but it was never sustained IMO. It would be hard to top City just because of that ending, it felt almost like a finale to TAS in a sense. Knight suffered from the Batmobile stuff, those tank fights kinda sucked along with the fact that Arkham combat became so commonplace in the industry (not the game's fault) that diminishing returns made the combat not nearly as joyous as it once was.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Raw gameplay footage would be a good start.
Yeah ahaha, that's not gonna happen. Even the games that appear to be running live onstage are heavily, well... staged. You can always tell certain randomized events are a bit too perfectly framed just to show off a destructable bit of the environment, or an explosion.

Naughty Dog has a habbit of doing this, those two E3 trailers for Horizon: Zero Dawn were doctored, and so was the reveal trailer for God of War. Those games ultimately ended up looking like that and pretty much playing as was demonstrated, but it doesn't change the fact that what was presented as live gameplay was a big fib.

I'll bet anyone a hundred bucks that when we get a gameplay reveal for The Last of Us 2 this E3 it'll pull the same tricks.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
I'm mostly interested in Nintendo. Now I don't care all that much about the Smash Bros part, I like Smash Bros and I'm almost certainly buying it, but there are some other things I want to see. Such as some info on Metroid Prime. We probably won't get much but any estimated release date/ window would be welcome. Some more footage on that new Pokemon game wouldn't go amiss. But what I really really REALLY want to see is Fire Emblem Switch. Just let us know it's still a thing for god's sake. The subreddit can't take another beating like what we got after the last Nintendo Direct.

And some general things I'd like to see. Any exclusives for the Xbone. And please can they just put Fable 2 on PC. With Sony, just some general stuff and maybe a bit more footage of Spiderman. I could not care less about EA. Ubisoft may have something good but I'll just watch the highlights. Bethesda... eh? Well Rage 2 looks really good but I don't think I like Bethesda games anymore. They publish some good games but not many. Likely to see something interesting but I'm not holding my breath on being wowed by them.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Bedinsis said:
Also, it's one of the few things I actually think can arrive as a surprise at E3; while I'm sure I can fantasize about a sequel to some title coming out I have a harder time imaging it as something that the big publishers would announce at E3 or that they'd be able to keep hidden until E3. For an EA Original I think that is entirely possible.
Unravel 2 is out. Maybe it's my bias speaking but in retrospect my previous post seems to foretold the future.

Unless Unravel 2 is not released under the EA Originals label.