What's a 'deal-breaker' for you when it comes to a possible relationship?

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
"Um, I don't really play video games..."

When she says this, somewhere in my head I hear a coffin lid getting nailed down.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
-Obesity
-Stupidity
-Religion (Basically any kind of religious inclination, but ofcourse she gets more unattractive the more religious she is.)
-No sense of humour
-Heavy political inclination to either left or right
-Excessive partying
-"The guy should pay/do all the work"-mentality
-Inability to accept my musical taste
-Reality TV watching.
-Overly emotional

And finally, she must be able to have a normal conversation. Also preferrably not easily annoyed, as I can be a button pusher from time to time.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Eh, intelligence is kind of a big deal. I like a smart girl, whenever I've dated a girl I've felt smarter then it always makes me feel predatory and creepy.

And I don't mean like she has to be street smart or whatever but... Okay so I dated this chick once that didn't know about the Tsunami that happened in Japan. I found this out like 3 months after it happened, I mentioned it to her in conversation. She legit didn't know because she never pays attention to the news. She would do other things too, like get really upset when I'd use big words and what not cause she thought I was talking down at her.

Like I use to really think it was cute and attractive when a girl was ditzy, now it's rather annoying.

I also don't like a girl that's easily offended by shit... Cause I say and do things, mostly for my own enjoyment that sometimes border on shock humor and satirizing ignorance, drove my ex-girlfriend up a wall cause she'd always get offended.... which would lead to me having to explain the joke to her.... leading her to think I was talking down to her again... Fucking aye.

CTYR

Mar 25, 2012
Hate to say it, but in regards to this question I'd have to say that I really wouldn't know. I've only been in one relationship that can technically be considered a proper relationship and that one has lasted for nearly two years now. We've both been quite happy and because of such, I haven't really thought of faults.
*shrug*

SciMal

Dec 10, 2011
Zyst said:
I have problems dating black people, I dunno if that's racist, I just don't find them attractive. I know it sounds terribly shallow, but I've never actually found myself attracted to a black gal, maybe the right one hasn't come along.
That's okay. I'm your karmic opposite. There's some cosmic balance for you. :)

I find most caucasian women barely get a nod for me, and I'm not overly fond of asians either.

Since I'm closer to the Western than Eastern coast, this is a problem.

Other deal-breakers:
-Smokers
-Highly religious
-Sharp as a marble
-Obese
-Party/Trancer/Clubber
-Low Self-confidence/self-esteem
-Princesses

Turn-Offs:
-Virgins (too much trouble unless it's somebody very special)
-Self-righteous vegetarians/vegans
-Trying too hard to be a stereotype or overcompensating for something

Luna

Apr 28, 2012
Dr Jones said:
Luna said:
It would also be nice if she had a hobby besides shopping and facebook, which are not really hobbies. Basically I'd like her to be relatively interesting.
They most assuredly ARE hobbies!

hob·by/ˈhäbē/
Noun:
An activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.
A migratory Old World falcon (genus Falco) with long narrow wings, catching dragonflies and birds on the wing.
Regardless its a shitty hobby IMO.

yeti585

Apr 1, 2012
One of the biggest deal breakers is anyone that is so wrapped in the idea of "He should love me for who I am, no matter what." Don't call me shallow when you're using love as an excuse to be fat and lazy. others:
-Any girl that has uttered the line "Guys are (insert insult here)." The sentence is sexist. stop it.
-Stupidity. If I can't talk to you on my level then what's the use?
-women who hate gender rules/expectations/whateverthehellyouwanttocallthem. Seriously, if I want to be a gentleman and pay for a meal or open a door then do not make me feel like a jerk for doing something nice.

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
Hunter65416 said:
For me the few big things that I cant stand are:
-Any kind of closed-mindedness
-Political correctness
-People who dislike animals
That's rather close minded of you.

yeti585

Apr 1, 2012
Mortai Gravesend said:
You don't like a sexist sentence but dislike people disliking sexist gender roles? Okay...
I realize how hypocritical that came off as, so I shall explain. The sentence doesn't piss me off because it is sexist. Also, when I say "hate" gender roles I mean HATE them. I'm fine with a woman that wants to work, take charge, hell; if she's the strong one than more power to her. But anyone that can't grin and bear me giving them my jacket needs to rethink their view. The sentence it self doesn't bother me as much as the person behind it does. It is usually said by someone that thinks the man should bend over backwards for them. So what if "guys are jerks", women can be jerks sometimes too.

byte4554_v1legacy

Feb 23, 2010
What i like: Good sense of humor, non smoking, a gamer, in good shape, and... HONK! (if you know what I mean)
I can't stand racists, bigots, people who are very political minded, and can't shut up about it, people who are Mormons, Jehovah's witnesses, or atheists, homosexual, one hundred percent worried about being politically correct (Yes, I do know that I am contridicting myself), watch things like the biggest loser, the x factor, or pretty much anything on ABC "Family"

Call me shallow.

crazyarms33

Nov 24, 2011
1.) Bad teeth
2.) Poor hygiene.
3.) Stupid or not my intellectual equal.

When I talk to my girl, I don't want to cringe inwardly every time she opens her mouth. Body odor is also not pleasant and lastly if I can't have a conversation or logical discussion with her, no freaking way. Maybe I'm too picky?

Roroshi14

Dec 3, 2009
Yay time to show why I'm single! Deal brakers are:

- Over wieght (im only 125lbs so its more outta I dont wanna me squished)
- Cannot hold a decent conversation. (don't be dumb foo')
- Extreme partiers (been there done that)
- Heavy drinkers
- Druggies (outside of stoners)
- Closed minded girls
- Meanies
- Oh yea if your a dude.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Ugly feet
Giant hands and feet
Nasty ass teeth (Not complete deal breaker but it sure brings ya down)
Racism
Homophobia
Being a ho i think will have tons of stds

crazyarms33

Nov 24, 2011
yeti585 said:
One of the biggest deal breakers is anyone that is so wrapped in the idea of "He should love me for who I am, no matter what." Don't call me shallow when you're using love as an excuse to be fat and lazy.
There is so much winning in this sentence. I HATE that line so unbelievably much. If I bust my ass to look good for you and make you happy, don't sit around and eat fucking ice cream all day!

noobium

Apr 26, 2010
Damn. No wonder I still don't have a girlfriend, everybody hates people who drink and smoke.

well what could be a deal breaker for me if she is:
1. Obese
2. Dim witted
3. If she doesn't have a pretty face.
Other than that I'm good

Sharkeyes

Nov 19, 2011
No drama queens and absolutely no sluts. Like, a girl isn't exactly a whore if she's gave it up once or twice, but if she's going out a every weekend then forget that.

Browncoat86

Mar 27, 2008
likalaruku said:
Refusal to shave all body hair, because have Trichophobia.
The opposite of this... ... sort of. I am a hairy man, and I'm damn proud of that fact. So no, I will not be shaving my chest, back, arms, legs, pubic region just because you think it's "icky". I do trim the foliage below the equator, but that's as far as it goes. It's really amusing to me the number of girls that act shocked when they say "if you don't shave down there, then we'll never have sex!" and my response is "Ok, fine with me!"

The only other thing that springs to mind is pushing Christianity on me knowing that I don't worship the Christian God.

rawrmonsta

May 25, 2010
Am I the only one seeing some posts and thinking "hey! I used to think like that! until X" Having a refined list of preferences is really good imo. I say preferences because In my exp most "deal breakers" go out the window if you meet the right person, or at very least wiggle a bit.

Deal breakers:

Overly outgoing (I'm really not, I like weekends to myself fairly often)
No nerd/geeky interests at all, or cant accept mine (Goes without saying)
Has no opinion (Ive met a lot of this around where I am, People who will sit on the fence no matter what we are talking about. I think that falls under intelligence as well)

Preferances:

Non smoker (Kind of a big deal)
Not a heavy drinker (less of a big deal)
Honest/loyal (I have a thing about this, really easy to steer me away by being dishonest)
A bunch more I cant think of...