What's a sequel that isn't made yet that you would like to see?

snomangaming

Aug 14, 2014
We've all probably played that game that we love but wish there was more of. What game would you like to see a sequel to that isn't made yet and why? Give some details of what you'd like to see in this game.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
Psychonauts 2.
Not funded because no funds.
I'd like to see the same level of depth they put in the first one. So basically almost every object will have a unique reaction with another object and tonnes of easter eggs for those that explore everything.

Stenalik

Mar 20, 2010
I would like there to be a Conker's Bad Fur Day 2.
Sadly, the first one was so grotesque that Microsoft refuses to even make the second one which was already being made before Microsoft bought out Rareware. It was too early in development anyway.
I would also like to see Banjo and Kazooie 3. Yes, 3; not Nuts and Bolts 2, not some spin-off where you only play as Kazooie, but 3!

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Well, The Last Guardian. The Team Ico games were never exactly "sequelized" but I like to consider them kindred spirits.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Can I get a good sequel to Golden Sun: TLA please?

I mean...Dark Dawn is okay. But it just never provided the same feeling as TLA at all.

Also, make a Shadow of Mordor sequel that focuses a bit more on the story and expands a bit more instead of trying to wrap it all up in a couple of missions right at the end of the game.

As an aside, this is my 1000th post.

Being a complete unknown and not making any especially meaningful posts since 2011!

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
A sequel to Mischief Makers where Marina allies with the Justice Warriors against a greater enemy, with as much over-the-top 2.5D action as possible. Preferably on the 3DS or Wii U.

A sequel to Advance Wars: Days of Ruin continuing that game's plot but introducing lots of new COs and units. Perhaps also linking it to the original three games by making it a prequel explaining how Macro Land was built up from the ruins by Will and several other hopeful commanders. Tabitha can go off on her own and starting building the Black Hole empire.

A 3DS Metroidvania remake of Sonia Belmont's story in the original continuity, pretending Lords of Shadow never happened. With a massive and beautiful castle but Order of Ecclesia-level difficulty. Hey, if Shanoa can do it...

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
I'm still waiting for a sequel to Star Control II.

I want my Star Control ]I[ dammit!

;)

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Tron 2.0. (Which, despite the title, isn't really a sequel.) An awesome, evocative, and interesting FPS/RPG.

sidewinder fang

Sep 17, 2012
Half life 3.... what? somebody had to say it.

On a more serious note, Sins of a Solar Empire 2, really want to see how the story unfolds and it'd probably be good to redesign and rebalance the units from scratch, aswell as give it a new engine, the dev team said the current one prevents them from adding much new content.

I'd also like to see a borderlands 3 at some point, maybe not just yet, but in a few years time, for now the presequel looks like it'll be a decent entry to the franchise, even if it feels more like a stand alone expansion to borderlands 2.

TristanBelmont

Nov 29, 2013
I would love another CastleVania game like Harmony of Despair, but on my 3DS so I can take that fun multiplayerness with me on the go.

SexyGarfield

Mar 12, 2013
Gamma Bros, it's a simple and free retro space shooter but it's so awesome. PixelJam teased making a sequel for years but I think that idea finally got binned.

PG

Apr 2, 2008
Assassin's Creed. Come on Ubisoft, what are you holding out for?

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Bloodbourne; The spiritual sequel to Dark Souls that will likely get me to buy a Ps4. I also hope that all the good stuff from DS, DKS1, and DKS2 will be on display in this new game. I am really hoping with the original dark team on deck that this game will make up for some of the disappointment that I felt about DkS2.

VoidOfOne

Aug 14, 2013
Chrono Trigger. Or at least some version of a spiritual successor. There were some very interesting mechanics in the game that I haven't seen much of. I really like how all the characters (except the main one) felt pretty fleshed out, and that most of them could use techniques with each other, and how unique many of them seemed. It made for interesting gameplay and had me play the game several times just to try out the different combinations. Maybe we didn't need to see the story of Chrono Trigger continued, but it would have been nice to see a game that had such a dedication to its characters and plot done again, especially with the time traveling.

Also, Skies of Arcadia. That had a really good blend of story, characters, and exploring. Its the only game that I feel, to this day, that did the airship well, insofar as being more than a quicker mode of travel. You got into battles, you could find discoveries, and you even could get a crew for your ship. I don't think any other game comes close. Just to see a spiritual successor to this would be fine, very fine.

P.S. Chrono Cross DOESN'T COUNT. I forced myself to finish it once, never wanted to go back...

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Keoul said:
Psychonauts 2.
Not funded because no funds.
I'd like to see the same level of depth they put in the first one. So basically almost every object will have a unique reaction with another object and tonnes of easter eggs for those that explore everything.
I'd like to see it too.

Too bad Tim Schafer really isn't doing double fine any favors by bringing in Broken Age over budget and....well, we still don't have a release date yet on part 2. It's still Q4 2014.

Dammit, Tim. I love your games, but I'm tired of dealing with this Valve Time crap.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
E.V.O. - The Search For Eden:
It's, basically, what Spore WANTED to be, but kind of failed at.

E.V.O. is one of those fantastic games that seems to have been forgotten for some reason.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
VoidOfOne said:
Chrono Trigger. Or at least some version of a spiritual successor. There were some very interesting mechanics in the game that I haven't seen much of. I really like how all the characters (except the main one) felt pretty fleshed out, and that most of them could use techniques with each other, and how unique many of them seemed. It made for interesting gameplay and had me play the game several times just to try out the different combinations. Maybe we didn't need to see the story of Chrono Trigger continued, but it would have been nice to see a game that had such a dedication to its characters and plot done again, especially with the time traveling.

P.S. Chrono Cross DOESN'T COUNT. I forced myself to finish it once, never wanted to go back...
There's two fan sequels out there that are reportedly playable and 90%-ish complete. Flames of Eternity and Crimson Echos. Both were hit by C&D letters because SE doesn't want anyone to make a game better then them for a property that they obviously don't care about. But they are on the net and they do exist.