What's Inside Minecraft's Creepers?

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
What's Inside Minecraft's Creepers?

Performing an autopsy on a dead Creeper just seems like a bad idea.

The green guys who always seem to get into your perfectly crafted compound or hide around corners in deep shafts in Minecraft are an enigma. Where do creepers come from? Why are they green? Why do they emit that terrible "SSSSSS" sound right before they blow up? Well, thanks to a claymation video by YouTube user "leehardcastle" depicting a super top-secret government autopsy of a deceased but as yet un-exploded creeper, we might know the answer to that last question.

Be warned, the following video is not for the faint of heart and contains some harsh language.

Dr. Russ is an affable chap, but he discovers not only why creepers blow up, but that the hissing sound comes from a burning fuse leading to a bundle of dynamite. That's why a dead creeper is the best source for gunpowder in Minecraft.

Now, why they sometimes drop music discs is anybody's guess. Perhaps another autopsy is in order.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Nice, now all we need is a high pressure hose to blow a hole through it and put out the flames.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Well that was an amusing little video right before dinner. Good thing I have a strong stomach and am unfased by such mild clay-dynamite induced gore.

Btw, Minecraft's gone gold today, will be released friday, or so PcGamer states:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/15/minecraft-1-0-strikes-gold-is-officially-complete/

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
That's not an autopsy, you lunatic!

It's a VIVISECTION

duly noted (splash splash blergh)

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Greg Tito said:
a burning fuse leading to a bundle of dynamite. That's why a dead creeper is the best source for gunpowder
I am probably the only one that is bothered by the fact that dynamite does not contain gunpowder in it.

LyonLee

Aug 30, 2007
Really great. I loved the handheld camera bit at the beginning. Never seen that with stop-motion animation.