whats more important, money or honour?

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
@simple bluff, you raise a good point but whilst your future generations are enslaved they will possibly start another violent uprising and start the process again.

wouldnt the future generations of slavery be worth risking your life to prevent, if these future generations heard stories of you it may give them courage

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
I'd take honor. I can always earn money afterwards. Honor can get you places where sometimes money can't. People often overestimate the power of money, and often times it's the person's strength of character that gets them to where they are.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
That depends. Do you want PvP gear, or are you saving up for your mount?

In all seriousness, honor will always trump money for me. While money is nice, it is ultimately useless because it is a system put in place by society in order to give otherwise useless objects value.

So yea... honor all the way.

Sep 9, 2010
Id die for honour because everyones gotta die sometimes and frankly if im gonna die i want a few of the bastards im fighting to die too. Besides fighting for honour means upholding your principles not nessicarily charging headlong into an enemy position. Geurilla warfare with an epic last stand, with me only falling once a clear message has been sent to my foes (and everyone else), "dont f*ck with my morals and freedoms"

Dyme

Nov 18, 2009
You want the money to get the honour. So in the end it is about honour.

Deathkingo

Aug 10, 2009
Can't we say money, and then use it for honorable things? I mean, Wallace has honor, sure, but he might have done better if be bought a BATTALION OF TANKS!

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
honor is a mangled, ambiguous word. It means way too many things for people to justify their actions with it.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Honour. Money matter's very little for me... I'm a juggler, after all - so long as I can make enough to keep myself going and put a smile on the face of my audience, I am happy :)

IrishBerserker

Oct 6, 2009
I was raised to believe that if you don't have honour, you're less than nothing.

I'll stand by that notion until the day I die.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
@deathkingo, i doubt wallace's enemies would have given him enough money for him to fund another army, its just plain common sense. if your gonna make a deal with an enemy dont give them enough to fund a new force

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
?Mine honor is my life; both grow in one; Take honor from me, and my life is done.?
-William Shakespeare

Amazigh

Jan 12, 2010
Depends on the situation really. If it came down to something really serious I'd probably choose honour. That is of course unless the "honourable" thing to do would be absolutely stupid.

Honour within limits, I'm not about to disembowel myself because I forgot my homework or something.