Whats One of the Worst Games You've Ever Played?

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Mirror's Edge is a pain in the arse for me. Its meant to be fast paced, free-flowing parkour but sometimes your left stuck guessing which way to go and stop dead in your tracks looking around (yes I know on lower difficulties you can hold B for a hint where to go but even so you can't whilst running). The whole city is too bright so you have to turn down the brightness but when you go in a tunnel you can't see anything so you have to turn it back up. And also you can't tell when its best to fight or run because its best to run from 5 people armed with guns but when they block your only way to get out of the level you have to take them all on with your bare fists and then you just get shot to death. All in all I hate it.

SAMURAJ

Mar 20, 2009
"dragon age" 2, cod (all of them), prince of persia (almost all of them, except pop 2008),can't remember any other at the given moment !!!

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
Probably Magna Carta. Horrible voice acting. Confusing plot. Horrible battle system.

In fact the battle system was so bad that near the end of the game it actually forces you to go get some more combat training in order to make the game nearly play itself for the last hour or two.

I don't mean it made you level grind either. This was part of the actual plot. "Go to the secret temple and learn from the master" something like that.

lobster1077

Feb 7, 2011
Varitel said:
One of the worst games that I've ever played was "Turok 2: Seeds of Evil". From what I hear, that game is so universally hated that GameStop, or whatever they were called back then, refused to even take it off of your hands back in those days let alone buy it from you. I know a guy who once tried to sell his copy. The guy behind the counter refused, and when asked why he wouldn't take it, he opened up a drawer full of Turok 2 cartridges.
You sure that was Turok 2? I had it back in the day and although ridiculously difficult the gameplay and graphics were top notch. It also not near perfect scores from most publications. Graphics are hard to admire now but have a looksie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h4UX5Dp7OE&feature=related

Matrixbeast

Sep 18, 2010
funguy2121 said:
I just had to know upon entering this thread that it would be bait for "this beloved franchise, which objectively is only overrated and actually not half bad, is in my unqualified opinion the worst thing to happen to humanity since fascism."
Of course. Hating on popular things is the cool thing to do nowadays.

Anyway, worst game I've ever played is probably Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22. Total crap.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
The following is subjective, don't get your knickers in a twist, telling me my opinion is wrong.

Morrowind is the worst game I've played recently. I didn't enjoy it one bit. I'm not saying this because it's popular, it really is the worst game I've played that I can remember.

The graphics sucked. I always judge all aspects of games by the current standards.
I hated the first person view.
The game gave me very little idea of what I was meant to be doing.
It was just plain tedious.

gunningyoudown

Jul 1, 2009
Killzone 3 hated the story and all of the game-play i couldn't bring myself to play more then five min of the game

Jordan O'Hagan

Jul 11, 2011
Call of Juarez: the Cartel
for these reasons on here-

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/call-of-juarez-the-cartel

This game made me feel unclean, and when a game does that then there is something seriously broken, and probably wrong, with the game.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
V TheSystem V said:
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. Dreadful controls, lame graphics and bestiality. No me gusta.
Fixed that for you. But I completely agree with this. The intro looked cool but then when the game itself started I thought I was playing a game from two generations ago. So yes, like you said, no me gusta.

sgt. soap mctavish

Jun 13, 2010
Man Vs. Wild the game. It's hilariously bad. For example: There are a select number random animals you can find in each level.

In the 1st mission i encountered a ram.

It's programmed to run away as soon as you see it but it ran into an invisible wall.

2 minuets later, it disappears.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
AtheistAndProud said:
Smash Bros Brawl.
I went from fanboy to hater in about a week.
It was as bad as being born, with the added disadvantage being that my mother wasn't there.
I hated it after 2 hours. What kind of fighting game has you trip at any moment, has hardly any combo moves (if any), takes out most of the techniques that gave the game play any depth and feels more blocky and clumsy than the original from the 90s.

Such a terrible sequel, yet because of the new add-ons it became somewhat popular.

Eventidal

Nov 11, 2009
AtheistAndProud said:
Smash Bros Brawl.
I went from fanboy to hater in about a week.
It was as bad as being born, with the added disadvantage being that my mother wasn't there.

EDIT: Hey, I like Half-Life 2!
Admittedly, I just got it a week ago.
And it's the first FPS I've ever seriously played.
So...yeah, maybe I'm not the best judge. But I'm having fun. That's what counts, right?
Hating a game because of changes they made to earlier games you liked =/= it being the worst game you've ever played.

Or you really need to get out there and play more games. Because if BRAWL is honestly the one of the worst games you've ever played, and you're not just saying that because you hate them for taking out "wavedashing" (see: abusable glitches) and slowing things down, then you haven't even dipped your toes in the pool that is gaming.

KingGolem

Jun 16, 2009
I've encountered plenty of games that were just plain no good, but I a much more interesting example is White Knight Chronicles, one of the few games to induce blood curdling rage. You see, I knew it was going to be a fairly by the numbers JRPG, except that I heard it would have one: character creation, two: an "innovative" combat system, and three: the ability to transform into a giant suit of armor, which is pretty badass, even by Japanese standards. So I rented it, sat down, created my character and all that, only to find that the character you create has no lines of dialogue, no bearing on the story, and even disappears, becoming unplayable at times. The game instead chooses to focus on a completely hackneyed "laid back, immature common boy inexplicably falls in love with the princess and rescues her." When I realized that the whole character creation thing was just a ruse, I was irate, to say the least. That's one of the only games I returned the same day I rented it.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Kane and Lynch, I did like one level and a bit, the controls were just too bad, it wasn't a game...it was a nightmare.