What's something you've wanted to do your whole life?

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
That something can really be anything: a vacation, a career, an experience, anything. For me, it hasn't been for my whole life, but I have had this dream trip in my head for about three years ever since I read Shift by Jennifer Bradbury (a fantastic book by the way, I highly recommend it). After reading that book I've really wanted to go on a biking trip across the country (United States) with a friend. I live on the East Coast, and i haven't really been to many other states, much less out west. I just want to go out and see the country I'm living in, you know?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Read thousands of manga books.

Go into a restaurant and order one of those huge hamburgers that you can't fit in your mouth and then eat it and then order another one and then eat the other one.

Get a girlfriend with glasses, hair dyed some unnatural color, F-cup breasts and a love for manga, and also have sex with her.

Get a cool girl as a best friend.

Read Don Quixote, and also Hamlet, and also The Journey to the West.

Make an annoying stranger shut up with a really snappy answer.

I've done all of these. Yay me!

Applejack

Aug 1, 2010
Oh how I miss Calvin and Hobbes...as for something I've wanted to do I guess skydiving but I'm afraid of heights.

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
I was just about to create a similar thread good sir!

My answer was going to be I've always wanted to go to Canada, Australia and Japan. Those three places I want to go more then any since I was very young.

I suppose another answer for this would be the career choice, in the long term I intend to be a police officer. Which I will eventually become. Just in no particular rush to get started.

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
Go on a road trip with my friends through all three Americas in a hippie VW Buswagon.

To visit Hong Kong.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Applejack said:
Oh how I miss Calvin and Hobbes...as for something I've wanted to do I guess skydiving but I'm afraid of heights.
Well I always wanted to go bungee jumping, mostly as a way of flipping the bird to my fear of heights.

Also, to go into a massive bookstore and walk away with an armful of books. Which I have done, multiple times, most recently in London. Yay!

I was told I looked like a small kid in Candyland, which I suppose I felt like at the time.

rawrmonsta

May 25, 2010
Get married? Might be an odd pick for most men but being part of a functional lifelong marriage would be what Id like most.

Sadly the way society is right now leaves me very pessimistic about my chances of that actually happening.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Make a film so terrifying/wierd that it actually breaks people's minds, even if just for a little while.

Call me sick, but being able to drive people insane in a matter of hours or less seems like it would feel awesome. Making the film might be troublesome...aside from making it that scary, you'd probably also have the ideas of the film getting in the heads of the cast and crew, slowly driving them nuts as well.

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Enough cash to live a life comfortable for me, a job that i don't despise going to and someone to share it with.

I am a simple bastard at heart :p but really what more could anyone want from life ^^.

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
complete the kokoda trail - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokoda_Track
travel around south america
get fucking plastered at oktoberfest in Munich
go to the US for an epic cross country roadtrip in muscle car style

yeah I guess you could file all these under travel

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Doclector said:
Make a film so terrifying/wierd that it actually breaks people's minds, even if just for a little while.

Call me sick, but being able to drive people insane in a matter of hours or less seems like it would feel awesome. Making the film might be troublesome...aside from making it that scary, you'd probably also have the ideas of the film getting in the heads of the cast and crew, slowly driving them nuts as well.
Seth Macfarlane already did that. Go watch "Stan's Best Friend". I was disturbed for a week.

OT:Live without anxiety. It's just screwed everything up.

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
Always wanted to go to a comic shop.

Find out today we have a local comic shop in our town.

I went to it and bought some comics!
YAY ME!!

(The next thing on the list: Go to a convention)

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
I've always wanted to design video games. Like, since I was four.

As I grew up and got a better idea about different jobs within a game design project, I intend to start *anywhere I can manage to get to* in the game industry once I finish college, and eventually work up to my ultimate dream of being the creative director of my own project, perhaps either by promotion within a company or starting my own.

I intend to go to college for this. I would love to get a jump on it all and start designing flash games, but I've no idea where to begin as far as that goes. My coding knowledge doesn't extend past a year's worth of c++, unfortunately.