What's something you've wanted to do your whole life?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-

Go to New York or Japan.

To be in a loving relationship.

Getting to see my superheroes and villain creation idea drawn out for real.

Get to live in a nice flat on my own (no more parent!).

Cosplay while going to a anime convention.

Mr. GameBrain said:
(The next thing on the list: Go to a convention)
What type of a convention you want to go to? Anime, comicbook or others? Just asking cos I'm going to this anime convention in Manchester this Saturday (MCM Expo Manchester) which that expo convention are held in other places in the UK.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
rawrmonsta said:
Get married? Might be an odd pick for most men but being part of a functional lifelong marriage would be what Id like most.

Sadly the way society is right now leaves me very pessimistic about my chances of that actually happening.
What he said. In fact, exactly what he said. Although add to that my inability to approach, let alone talk, to women makes me even more skeptical about my chances.

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
Innegativeion said:
I've always wanted to design video games. Like, since I was four.

As I grew up and got a better idea about different jobs within a game design project, I intend to start *anywhere I can manage to get to* in the game industry once I finish college, and eventually work up to my ultimate dream of being the creative director of my own project, perhaps either by promotion within a company or starting my own.

I intend to go to college for this. I would love to get a jump on it all and start designing flash games, but I've no idea where to begin as far as that goes. My coding knowledge doesn't extend past a year's worth of c++, unfortunately.
Sounds kid of similar to what I would want to do.

However, I wouldn't want to get into the industry like that, I would rather just make my own hobby projects (at the side of regular work), and then when I have some money, maybe start up a business or something.

(I'm trying the Uni/regular work route first, but if it doesn't work out, then I'm going to persue the game design route)

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Let see-

Mr. GameBrain said:
(The next thing on the list: Go to a convention)
What type of a convention you want to go to? Anime, comicbook or others? Just asking cos I'm going to this anime convention in Manchester this Saturday (MCM Expo Manchester) which that expo convention are held in other places in the UK.
I'm not a huge anime fan per se, but I like it enough to go to one.
Likewise with comics. I'm not a massive comic book fan (I watched the 90's cartoons, and read up on stuff on Wikipedia and TV tropes), but I would go to a comic book convention, maybe.

Video games are my main love in life, and I always look out for events to go to.
Problem is, like Rezzed, they fall on weekends, when I work, so I don't really have a chance to go, (I could pull a sicky, but I don't want to go angering the people at work. Better to have a job, even a crappy one, then not have one at all! XD).
(This weekend, I'm working Friday and Saturday, all day. But I am eyeing that London one in October. (could get there pretty quickly via train. But the only problem is that I won't know if I will be doing a placement, or will be at uni at that point in time))

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
To become an animator for a big-time production, for Disney or Dreamworks or a company of such high magnitude.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Not something I've always wanted to do, but I'm dead set on joining the Royal Marines.

Live in America would be my 'always wanted' thing.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Write some awesome piece of fiction that will see a global audience!

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
Because every decade or so I end up being damned embarrassed about my actions and expectations, there really isn't anything I've wanted my whole life other than to have and raise kids. But that's not interesting and didn't really occupy my thinking until I actually started dating a woman who was interested in kids herself.

No, the interesting thing I want to do is learn to make sausages. And then cook them in an oven. Because while they are pretty good prepared in a pan, oven broiling makes a LOT less of a mess and results in plumper, juicier sausages.

I cooked kielbasa this way last night. Soooooo gooooooood.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Queen Michael said:
Read thousands of manga books.

Go into a restaurant and order one of those huge hamburgers that you can't fit in your mouth and then eat it and then order another one and then eat the other one.

Get a girlfriend with glasses, hair dyed some unnatural color, F-cup breasts and a love for manga, and also have sex with her.

Get a cool girl as a best friend.

Read Don Quixote, and also Hamlet, and also The Journey to the West.

Make an annoying stranger shut up with a really snappy answer.

I've done all of these. Yay me!

OT: Become a published writer, and a recorded music artist.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Fappy said:
There's a screenplay I want to write, set in a mental ward. To prepare for that, I actually want to try to replicate Rosenhan's 'Sane in Insane Places' experiment, where I pose as someone with depression to be accepted into a mental institution, and then act as my normal self, and see if they realize I'm not mentally unstable. Failing that, I act the symptoms of recovery to see myself released.

Should be a riot.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Binnsyboy said:
Fappy said:
There's a screenplay I want to write, set in a mental ward. To prepare for that, I actually want to try to replicate Rosenhan's 'Sane in Insane Places' experiment, where I pose as someone with depression to be accepted into a mental institution, and then act as my normal self, and see if they realize I'm not mentally unstable. Failing that, I act the symptoms of recovery to see myself released.

Should be a riot.
That is some dedication right there! For prose the more research the better. Though my prose is decent, I have long since abandoned any thoughts of writing novels. I figured if I don't read them why would I write them? I'm more geared towards comic book writing, which as it turns out, I know a lot about. I think I am pretty safe with the "write what you know" rule in that regard.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I've always wanted to fly, or fly in some sort of jet or plane that's not a commercial one. Like, I would bloody love to fly in a Spitfire, the amount of freedom I would feel would be unbelievable.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Fappy said:
Binnsyboy said:
Fappy said:

Should be a riot.
That is some dedication right there! For prose the more research the better. Though my prose is decent, I have long since abandoned any thoughts of writing novels. I figured if I don't read them why would I write them? I'm more geared towards comic book writing, which as it turns out, I know a lot about. I think I am pretty safe with the "write what you know" rule in that regard.
Well, I've started writing a novel (it's on an indefinite hiatus right now) that I intend to work my arse off to see published.

I don't want the sum total of my literary accomplishment to be some crappy little folklore book.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
Fappy said:
Binnsyboy said:
Fappy said:

Should be a riot.
Well, I've started writing a novel (it's on an indefinite hiatus right now) that I intend to work my arse off to see published.

I don't want the sum total of my literary accomplishment to be some crappy little folklore book.
This actually sounds like quite a good novel, is there any way I could have a read? It's fine if you don't want to.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Binnsyboy said:
Fappy said:
Binnsyboy said:
Fappy said:

Should be a riot.

Writing is much more difficult to do on your own simply because you lack any kind of oversight (barring accomplished writers who have deals with publishers). Motivation is the #1 hurdle for writers to overcome. I remember telling myself I would write a book over the course of my college career. Got two chapters in.

D:

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
Binnsyboy said:
Fappy said:
Binnsyboy said:
Fappy said:

Should be a riot.

This actually sounds like quite a good novel, is there any way I could have a read? It's fine if you don't want to.
The novel isn't the mental ward thing, it's something else. The mental ward idea is for a film screenplay. I don't plan on doing that for a while yet.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Fappy said:
Binnsyboy said:
Fappy said:
Binnsyboy said:
Fappy said:

Should be a riot.

Writing is much more difficult to do on your own simply because you lack any kind of oversight (barring accomplished writers who have deals with publishers). Motivation is the #1 hurdle for writers to overcome. I remember telling myself I would write a book over the course of my college career. Got two chapters in.

D:
Believe me, I know, but right now, I'm still working on building up my body for the Royal Marines. Once I've made enough headway and have a routine firmly in place, then I'll get back to my writing.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Binnsyboy said:
Fappy said:
Binnsyboy said:
Fappy said:

Should be a riot.

The novel isn't the mental ward thing, it's something else. The mental ward idea is for a film screenplay. I don't plan on doing that for a while yet.
Ahh alright. I always like stories about mental wards and such, don't know why. May I ask what the novel's about?