What's the best way to combat a troop of Spartans?

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
Bob_Bobbington said:
Akalistos said:
Bob_Bobbington said:
Akalistos said:
Bob_Bobbington said:
Akalistos said:
Snippety snip snip
I think you really are underestimating Creed (buy a hell of a lot) but oh well, lets find another horse to beat. Might as well go with a change of universe and pull out the Sun Crusher. Hyperspace into a system, fire 11 resonance torpedoes into the sun and hyperspace out. A no fuss, guaranteed way to destroy a system.
Yet, it big and come with a fanfare. A ... i forgot the name of the space ship design to fit through a stargate and come with a clocking device. Oh yeah, a puddle jumper. If you took that, you would do it without being attack or noticed for massive kills.
Um, if by big you mean 13 meters then yes. Also, that was the idea of the sun crusher. To slip in undetected, fire the torpedoes and slip out. No idea what your on about. It also eliminates the need for a stargate and therefore has much more versatility. Also, even if I get found out in the Star Crusher the thing can survive a glancing hit from the Death Star. I don't think I have much to worry about. But one major flaw about using the stargate to get to your target is that you are assuming that the force you are about to destroy a)doesn't know what a stargate is and b) hasn't found that specific one and set up a battalion or 2 around it.
and you forgot about the Ancient weapon. Those thing are stronger than freaking torpedo and are mind-controlled. If it took seven to destroy a sun, it would only take three of those to do it... beside, if it was a rescue mission, the Asgard have already invented a time distorter so they could confine the replicator on a planet till they found a way to destroy them. While the replicator reverse engineer it so time would go faster. They still manage to slow time so that a Second around the machine is a year to the outside worlds. Funny how that would have cut the new Star Treck movie short, isn't it?
Wait what? What's Star Trek got to do with this?
A joke... as in HA HA funny. With that, Spock would have had time to turn the sun into a black hole and evacuate the premise afterward.
Bob_Bobbington said:
Also I misread the information about the resonance torpedoes, it only requites one to set the star off and supper-nova but the Sun Crusher can carry 11 of these bad boys.
Ok... so yeah. Nevermind then.
Bob_Bobbington said:
Also, I think your main point in this response was about time distortion? If that's so what exactly does time distortion have to do with it. We're talking about the destruction of a solar system.
I think we pass that point when you talked about your mechs. Also, i don't think your general can Hadouken a whole solar system.
Bob_Bobbington said:
If you are talking about implementing the time distortion field in this theoretical battle then that may get the upper hand. Although the effects of Hyperspace travel in this setting would have an unknown effect.
True again. You are correct! Yet, it a great way to stick someone in place, you got to admit.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
An army of Sangheili of course.

Spartans are nothing but pale imitations of the galaxy's one true ruler.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
The Athenian Navy: For as badass as Sparta is as a ground force, on sea they are screwed..MWAHAHAHA-

Unless of course there are no channels, rivers or anything of the sort nearby. In which case, i recommend the use of Samurai.

Knife-28 said:
They are enemys of The Daleks, they will be EXTERMINATED!
I...Kinda think the Daleks will be a bit overkill, besides aren't they busy in the time war?

May 28, 2009
Spece Marines!

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0809/space-marine-demotivational-poster-1220585802.jpg

who wuold mess with a bunch of these guys?