What's the biggest thing you ever had spoiled?

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
"Snape kills Dumbledore."

I had the book in front of me when I stupidly checked my Facebook feed.

mrbonzai211

Mar 30, 2009
In high school, before the last Matrix movie came out, I went around spreading a made up spoiler that Trinity dies. Movie comes out, Trinity actual did die, I lost a lot of friends for about 4 months after.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I'm a year behind every season of Game of Thrones because I wait for the Blu rays to come out, so I spend the majority of the year actively doing everything I can to avoid spoilers.

I was doing a pretty good job of it for season three until one morning I tuned into one of the morning breakfast programmes only to see:

the presenter asking Michelle Fairley, the actress who plays Cateyln Stark, what she was going to do now she was no longer on Game of Thrones.

My mind kind of stopped for a second before the shock wore off and I realised what it meant. Rather annoyingly I went into season 3 knowing that Catelyn was going to die at some point.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I had a pretty big joint of lamb go off once...

Oh... you mean plots! :p

2 for me:

Red Wedding
And Soylent Green.

I was upset at both!

seris

Oct 14, 2013
one of my asshole friends told me about the ending of halo 4 when i was going to buy it

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I had the ending to Red Dead Redemption spoiled for me. I can't recall exactly what was said, but I remember it being in a fucking review! I can't remember the exact wording, but it was something to the effect of:
"the game comes full circle in a way when you briefly play as John's son, who is out to avenge his father."
Naturally, there was outrage in the comments (though, not too much since it wasn't from a bigger site) and the review was edited to remove that part. Unfortunately, the damage was already done. Knowing the ending kind of ruined the experience for me to the point where I still haven't finished the game. I just feel like it's sapped any emotional impact the game might have on me.