What's the Deadliest Thing Currently Within Your Reach?

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
so assume someone with ill intentions regarding your health (someone who wanted to kill you) walked into the room right now! with no time to get up or otherwise change your position, you have to grab something with which to arm yourself! (assume he's unarmed, he just plans to strangle you)

i have a pair of scissors, a lamp

only without the little round safety thing and only one, slightly balding, woodpecker

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Absolutely nothing except my laptop - I'm sat on the sofa, with nothing to my left or right except pillows. that leaves my laptop, pretty much. Could probably brain them OK with it though.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
A pencil with no eraser.

Heh.. that just gives me more room... FOR KILLING!

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
How about the Cetme .308 I just got finished cleaning?

And yes, I'm entirely serious.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I'd probably grab my Victorinox Swiss Army Soldier's Knife. The actual one they use in the military.

Sure, it's a tool not a weapon. But it's damn sharp anyways and if he's trying to strangle me, I can saw his hand off or pop off some finger nails with the bottle opener.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
One of the smaller Japanese short-sword things. I don't know what they're call but I found them at a flea market.

They're twice as deadly because I'm the clumsiest idiot you'll ever meet. I have them on this display rack thing the guy threw in for free about a foot away from my computer.

Crispee

Nov 18, 2009
My keys, or just a blunt pencil.

Or perhaps I could clock the intruder over the head with my Wacom tablet, that thing is pretty heavy.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Skorpyo said:
How about the Cetme .308 I just got finished cleaning?
didnt someone post the EXACT same thing on the zombie survival thread last week? what the hell kinda people have we got on this site?!?!

the Dept of Science

Nov 9, 2009
Hazy said:
A pencil with no eraser.

Heh.. that just gives me more room... FOR KILLING!
Pen is mightier than the sword.

Except when someone is trying to stab you.

... writing a strongly worded letter probably isn't your answer. Also, you said you have a pencil, not a pen, so you are doubly fucked.

Anyways...

glass liquor bottle (empty); don't worry, not an alchoholic or anything, its been there for months
if I needed something with a larger range, I guess I could hit someone with my guitar