What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard or overheard someone say?

museofdoom

Dec 17, 2011
Or just anything stupid you see people doing that annoys you. Being in high school, I hear people say really ignorant/stupid things all the time. (And no, I don't have a superiority complex, I don't think I'm a genius, or a perfect person but some people just say/do things that are just REALLY dumb.) For example:

Girl in my math class: "Aren't polar bears, like.... extinct or something?" *proceeds to giggle when she was corrected like this is supposed to be endearing*
Boys in the hallway: "I really wanna beat the s**t out of this one kid." "Why? Do you know him?" "No, but he looks gay."

Girl in my French class who is infamous for spouting ignorant crap all the time: "Germans are all awful. I don't see how anyone can visit Germany after the Holocaust..." Having strong German roots, I took so much offense to this. I really wish I was making this up.

This one didn't happen at school, but at the Zoo:
Fully grown man: *points at tiger* "Look kids, a Lion!!"

And the thing that bothers me most out of anything: "pepol who tlk li3k dis". And if anyone questions it, they argue that it's not English class. I wasn't aware English class was the only place one was required to show literacy and form coherent sentences...

Sorry for the little rant. People just get on my nerves sometimes. hehe

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
My own dumbass father: "When Stalin established the communist party in Russia...." He refused to accept that Lenin led the Bolsheviks when they came into power until I looked it up for him.

Fucking Christ.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Recently it was some guy telling me that a sponge wasn't the same materiel as the sponge he was holding and isn't any good for cleaning up water then proceeding to tell me that a plastic tube filled with carbon stuff is(water filter).

maxmanrules

Mar 30, 2011
"But this only has three carbons"
A student looking at a picture of a hydrocarbon diagram of methane.
Which had four carbons.
That same student also came out with the brilliant observation "The clock is going backwards"
It wasn't

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Someone in Spanish class asked if a beach had to be connected to the ocean. I find it quite sad that she lacks common knowledge yet spends much of her time on facebook. But you can't live life without being happy right?

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
After various friends and I had been making a variety of Jewish jokes of varying quality and being criticized for poor taste by a friend, she proceeded to make a black joke. After the hypocrisy was pointed out:

Friend: Unlike the Jews, black people never had to endure decades of persecution and murder. *looks to me the History student to back her up, wonders why I'm angry*

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Many years ago, during high school I was talking to my friend about WW2
I cant remember exactly what we said, but Hitler was mentioned... A girl walked up who over heard us, and asked
"Whats a Hitler?"

SERIOUSLY!

TastySurvivor

Vault-Tec Beat Writer
Jun 14, 2010
Pretty much anything that comes out of Glenn Beck's mouth. Examples:

''When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining.''

''African-American is a bogus, PC, made-up term. I mean, that's not a race. Your ancestry is from Africa and now you live in America.''

''The only [Katrina victims] we're seeing on television are the scumbags.''

''I haven't seen Jesus and what he would do on a talk show on Fox, but I'm going to try.''

Alex909

Sep 13, 2009
Drama Class, we're reading a play called Popcorn where two people break into a house so they can hold anyone living there, hostage.
Girl: So, are they like Assassins?

Same Girl: Who's Barrack Obama?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
My brother in law thinks Canadians are from 'Canadia' and Mayonnaise is a brand name.

A girl once said to my friend 'It's not that I'm wrong! It's just that my logic is different than yours!' She was deadly serious too.

Oh and my sister told my nephew that ladybirds eat... triffids. That would be so much more awesome admittedly.

Quick deploy the Ladybirds!

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
A girl in my Science Class

'The flavour of milk that a cow produces is based on the cow's colour...'

She is 16...in an ADVANCED. SCIENCE. CLASS. I couldn't help but chuckle

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Today a kid in my class stated that Tony Blair was the Prime-Minister...

Soooooo.... Gordon Brown and the Coalition never happened?

xXxJessicaxXx said:
Oh and my sister told my nephew that ladybirds eat... triffids. That would be so much more awesome admittedly.
Are you sure your sister was just not being utterly awesome?.... or developing a army of triffid eating ladybirds.

smokeyninjas

Apr 5, 2010
Has to be a conversation i had with a lad at work went like this

Him "nah trees aren't alive they dont move are anything"
Me "of course they're alive how the fuck do you think they grow from seeds into trees"
Him "well bread grows when i make it in the over"
Me "what!!! you taking the piss"

He was not

Scrubiii

Apr 19, 2011
maxmanrules said:
"But this only has three carbons"
A student looking at a picture of a hydrocarbon diagram of methane.
Which had four carbons.
That same student also came out with the brilliant observation "The clock is going backwards"
It wasn't
Doesn't methane have one carbon and four hydrogens?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
vrbtny said:
Are you sure your sister was just not being utterly awesome?.... or developing a army of triffid eating ladybirds.
It's entirely possible knowing my sister. :D It's possible she's keeping them in a Mayonnaise factory in Canadia. ;)

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
My high school science tescher, while teaching us about fossils: Approximatley 65 million years ago.... *blah blah blah*. no, that must be wrong the earth is only 6 thousand years old.

Me: *smashes head on desk*