What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard or overheard someone say?

Mikkel421427

Nov 10, 2010
A girl in my class... Wait, background first

There was a girl in my old class about 2 years ago, who wasn't exactly the brightest... Okay, understatement, I was seriously wondering how the hell she managed it that far. She was getting just slightly above failing grades and generally said stupid stuff. Example: Two weeks after we wrapped up the largest WWII run-through in the last 4 years (It was a subject that got brought up every year), "Who's Adolf Hitler? Wasn't he some war hero?" Can you blame for looking at her a bit "The flip!? o_O"-like?

Well, story-time! Right, 2 months before final exams, she comes up to me and asks "Hey , could you help me with some math and stuff?" I say "Sure", being the good-hearted twit that I am and proceed to help her. We're giving a box that's been divided into a bunch of triangles and we're asked to locate an acute angled traingle, an obtuse angled triangle and a right-angled triangle. She looks at it a bit blankly, but I figure "Hell, she's done that with the last couple of tasks, might aswell give it a bit". Five minutes after I've sat down and played a bit of Crysis, she taps me on the shoulder and asks, with a straight face, "What's a right-angled triangle?". I just look blankly at her for a bit. She then asks "Well?". Do mind that this is right up to the final exams, the last exams we will have in this school, whose grades will imprint us when we apply for the next thing in line. And she is seriously asking a question about something basic we learned in 4th grade, for christ's sake. Personally, I think it was astonishing that at this time, you could show that amount of ignorance to your education.

But the thing that really took the cake was that one of the other girls came to her defense saying "Hey, don't look at her like that, she can be smart if she wants to!". I was so close to blurting out "Well, it's clear that she doesn't!"

By the way, Captcha, 56-58=-2.

Sir Boss

Mar 24, 2011
Well, there was someone who tried to convince me that Britain and Scotland were part of England, and that the Isle Of Man and Wales didn't exist. He was Adamant in his correctness, the current English exchange student fixed his wagon on all counts.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
I've heard lots of very silly things, but I don't generally waste my precious brain cells remembering them.

lotrfanatic1

Jun 10, 2009
so at college i was asked where to find water while standing next to 2 sinks with the person who asked me...

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
I downloaded lots of songs onto my ipod, but it doesn't feel any heavier..

Kanova

Oct 26, 2011
In Chem class, "If you drink anti-freeze, and then drink alcohol you will be fine because they both have the same stuff in it."

personion

Dec 6, 2010
museofdoom said:
Or just anything stupid you see people doing that annoys you. Being in high school, I hear people say really ignorant/stupid things all the time. (And no, I don't have a superiority complex, I don't think I'm a genius, or a perfect person but some people just say/do things that are just REALLY dumb.) For example:

Girl in my math class: "Aren't polar bears, like.... extinct or something?" *proceeds to giggle when she was corrected like this is supposed to be endearing*
Boys in the hallway: "I really wanna beat the s**t out of this one kid." "Why? Do you know him?" "No, but he looks gay."

Girl in my French class who is infamous for spouting ignorant crap all the time: "Germans are all awful. I don't see how anyone can visit Germany after the Holocaust..." Having strong German roots, I took so much offense to this. I really wish I was making this up.

This one didn't happen at school, but at the Zoo:
Fully grown man: *points at tiger* "Look kids, a Lion!!"

And the thing that bothers me most out of anything: "pepol who tlk li3k dis". And if anyone questions it, they argue that it's not English class. I wasn't aware English class was the only place one was required to show literacy and form coherent sentences...

Sorry for the little rant. People just get on my nerves sometimes. hehe
I laughed at most of these examples. I've heard people say some pretty stupid things, but I can't think of one that's really worth mentioning.

pretzil

Jan 30, 2010
In grade 12 chemistry class:

"A year is just an ambiguous unit of measurement, how did they even decide that a year should be 365 days anyway?"

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
This thread got bookmarked so fast....

OT: Disgusting girl on my bus....

Now by disgusting, I mean morals (The supreme LACK of) and whatnot, not facial features mind you.

Can't go a couple words without using "*****" or "fuck"; your typical high school premature female terror.

Everything.

Every single thing that came from that wretched child's mouth was just horrible.

Then she wonders "Why the fuck you lookin at me like that you fuckin creep"

After I stared her down for a while.

To this day the most disgusting person I've ever met.

personion

Dec 6, 2010
Mikkel421427 said:
A girl in my class... Wait, background first

There was a girl in my old class about 2 years ago, who wasn't exactly the brightest... Okay, understatement, I was seriously wondering how the hell she managed it that far. She was getting just slightly above failing grades and generally said stupid stuff. Example: Two weeks after we wrapped up the largest WWII run-through in the last 4 years (It was a subject that got brought up every year), "Who's Adolf Hitler? Wasn't he some war hero?" Can you blame for looking at her a bit "The flip!? o_O"-like?

Well, story-time! Right, 2 months before final exams, she comes up to me and asks "Hey , could you help me with some math and stuff?" I say "Sure", being the good-hearted twit that I am and proceed to help her. We're giving a box that's been divided into a bunch of triangles and we're asked to locate an acute angled traingle, an obtuse angled triangle and a right-angled triangle. She looks at it a bit blankly, but I figure "Hell, she's done that with the last couple of tasks, might aswell give it a bit". Five minutes after I've sat down and played a bit of Crysis, she taps me on the shoulder and asks, with a straight face, "What's a right-angled triangle?". I just look blankly at her for a bit. She then asks "Well?". Do mind that this is right up to the final exams, the last exams we will have in this school, whose grades will imprint us when we apply for the next thing in line. And she is seriously asking a question about something basic we learned in 4th grade, for christ's sake. Personally, I think it was astonishing that at this time, you could show that amount of ignorance to your education.

But the thing that really took the cake was that one of the other girls came to her defense saying "Hey, don't look at her like that, she can be smart if she wants to!". I was so close to blurting out "Well, it's clear that she doesn't!"

By the way, Captcha, 56-58=-2.
I have a girl EXACTLY LIKE THAT in my class! At first I thought she was being intentionally stupid because, i don't know, she thought it was cute or something and used it to attract boys, but now I'm honestly questioning if she's a complete idiot or not.

I know that she's being intentionally stupid about something, and that annoys the crap out of me. When people try to correct her I always stand up and say "can't you see she's not that stupid?" nobody believes me and everyone thinks I'm mean afterwards.

She'd get thing we should've known three years ago wrong, and things we should've known in grade 1 she pretends to think about ("uh... three plus six is... wait... oh, right, nine! hehe!"). She annoys me like crazy, she dresses like a slut, and is pretty much everything I hate about someone wrapped up into one little ball of filth. Blech.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I can think of a lot of stupid things, but I can remember one particularly well because of how it bothered me. It wasn't the stupidity of the statement, it was the seriousness in the man's voice.
I was in the Science Fiction section at my local Barnes & Noble, and I overheard some kid talking to his dad. He picked up some book and said "Dad, what's this book?". The Dad then says "That book should be taken off the shelves and burned."
I was literally shocked. How could anyone be so ignorant? No books should be burned. None. Even if it's the most horrible thing ever, it shouldn't be burned. For example, take Mein Kampf. It's a horrible book by an evil man, but it should not be burned. It should be preserved, as a reminder. A reminder that man is not perfect, and that given the proper circumstances, it only takes one to bring about misery and death on a global scale. Books can not only serve as entertainment and education, but as time capsules containing ideas from long ago, and while some of these ideas are disturbing to us today, we must remember that at least someone believed in them some time ago, and that's reason enough not to burn them.
I recently read Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, and while it was a genuinely interesting novel on it's own, it was also truly horrifying. I realized that as a society, we are only a few steps away from the world portrayed in Mr. Bradbury's novel. The man I overheard in B&N only supports my fear; if this man thinks that a book should be burned simply because he doesn't like the thoughts portrayed within, then what's to say that others don't hold this opinion as well? That's the part that really scared me.
I wish I had a funny story about someone's stupidity, but I really wanted to get this off my chest.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
Hm. There are so many real-life examples of this, I have to use one from League of Legends.

"Why'd you run into Blitz's fist?"
"Oh...well...you see...I though...see...when he throws the fist that it heals you."

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Darkmantle said:
girl in my history class

"what happened first, world war ONE or world war TWO"

facepalm facepalm facepalm

*flies over to your town*

"Where is she?!?!"

*Follows your pointing finger*

*Grabs girl*

*PUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCH*

AwkwardTurtle

Aug 21, 2011
Person 1: "That was so racist!"
Person 2: "I know! Man, racist people are so gay."

Me:
[http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/221645-flipping-tables-%25E2%2595%25AF%25E2%2596%25A1%25EF%25BC%2589%25E2%2595%25AF%25EF%25B8%25B5-%25E2%2594%25BB%25E2%2594%2581%25E2%2594%25BB]

So close...yet so far...

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Tomm0505 said:
A girl in my year once said the following:

"You know being smart and passing exams isn't good?"

At this point, I wonder why I even bother going to a school full of idiots like that.
Did you ask her why she thought that way?