What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard or overheard someone say?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
One time someone set fire inside to one of the school large bin and someone close it. An idiot proceed to open it and got a face full of smoke. Afterward he said "I didn't expect that to happen". Clearly he need more lesson in Science.

lionsprey

Sep 20, 2010
Secret world leader (shhh) said:
"Isn't Norway connected to the ocean?" -girl in my credit level chemistry class.
it's not that stupid saying "Norway isn't connected to the ocean. would be stupid.
Recently i saw a video of a american comedian that thought the Queen ruled Britain.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
My friend told me some guy he knew said that England is located off the coast of Norway.

A couple days ago, my mother asked me where the remote is. She looked for it for 10 minutes until I finally pointed out that it was on the table right next to her.

Zip Loc

Jun 10, 2010
Bookmarking this thread, I have a plethora of retards at my school, but none of their slices of "wisdom" spring to mind. I say "wisdom" because even when presented with concrete evidence to the contrary, they will adamntly refuse to accept it and call you an idiot for disagreeing with them or simply "fight me". (School is Christchurch Boys' High School, Christchurch, New Zealand)

docSpitfire

Jun 13, 2011
Insanity72 said:
If you are not familiar with Australian Marsupials

This is a Echidna

and This is a platypus

*Cough Cough* Neither are Marsupials *Cough Cough*

doggy go 7

Jul 28, 2010
toss up between little year 7 kid saying "respect your olders", and an american woman in the louvre, whilst talking about van gough's paintings, saying "they're very pretty but I wouldn't want one in my house". YES YOU FUCKING WOULD, IT'S A MOTHERFUCKING MASTERPIECE. and even if you didn't like astetichally (although you apparently do), then I'm fairly sure you'd impress your friends with your piece of art worth several million pounds.

also anything creationists say to justify themselves

Zip Loc

Jun 10, 2010
One in particular is their flamboyant usage of racial stereotypes to further their own agenda. There's an Arab in my class, everyone thinks he's a terrorist, despite not being religious at all. There is a Russian, therefore he must be drunk all the time, and it doesn't help he was born 50 km from chernobyl, so everyone gives him crap about how he might be irradiated or stuff like that. I'm a Hungarian, first thing that comes to mind for them is, in my opinion, the worst pun in history (please enlighten me on worse puns). And anyone who tries to even slightly defend them, "fight me".
NB: also have too many Brits to count, always thought of, despite how eloquent most of them are, as being chavs/f*ggots

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Back in high-school I was in a class where it was 6 of us guys (all friends of course) and then 16 girls (all at eachothers throats of course) and by Odins eye, if they didn't have the looks they sure wouldn't get far in this worlds.

(I'm from Sweden btw, we have a certain class that we go to all classes with, kinda)

Many stupid things was said, like the following:

"Is currency what they use to shop with in Italy?" - A girl that I HAD to work with on an Italian project, so I calmy had to explain to her what currencty was.

"People from USA are called USAists right?" - Facepalm all the way.

"All you guys do is talk about oil and stuff!" - A girl that was angry with us guys because we didn't want to talk about fashion with her. And funny thing was we had never even mentioned oil before that moment, but everytime we sat at a table and she walked by we pretty much said "Oil. Mm, yes, oil. Oil. And more oil." to annoy her.

And all these girls smoked and having gym class 6 boys vs 16 girls teamwise and beating them every single time, even tough our gym leader (which was a pervert) always gave them some sort of help to win it.

Shinclone

Nov 20, 2011
When I was 16 I had an 18 year old mate who claimed he was in the territorial SAS, I nearly died laughing.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
While I do have my moments of utter retardedness, I pale in comparison to the fact that my friend once asked me if Singapore was the capital of Australia, with the worse part being she's two years older than me.

rotkiv

May 15, 2011
marioandsonic said:
My mom is a teacher of science for 9th graders.

You want to know what one of her students asked her?

"How many moons does the Earth have?"

...I weep for humanity.
sorry, but it is a good question:
http://gizmodo.com/5869840/earth-has-a-second-moon-astronomers-say

Jun 7, 2010
Freezy_Breezy said:
Hitler's actual religious views were unknown
My point exactly.

Marx did advocate the hell out of atheism, and if you're stupid you tend to get things like that confused.
Again, my point exactly. Her special brand of logic seemed to be "Marx was an atheist and a communist, therefore all atheists are communists". The section of the booklet we were working from that was being discussed was entitled "the Marxist (atheistic) view" and seemed to take every oppurtunity to remind us at marxism and atheism are one and the same.

Also, she was trying to say that communist/atheist regimes have killed more people than all the wars/violence caused by religion put together.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
This wasn't really overhearing, but it was really dumb.

In class, the dumbest girl of the bunch said "I really want to become a politician". After the teacher cracked up, we all laughed wholeheartedly.

If she ever gets there, however. We are all doomed.

Fanitullen

Nov 7, 2008
Last night, a friend of my parents asked me a couple questions about astronomy (since I'm the nerd of the family) during a New Years Eve dinner. We were talking about how, when we look out at the stars, we're seeing them as they were in the past (a star 300 light years away looks like it did 300 years ago, for obvious reasons).

He looks at me and goes: "How do we know we're looking at the past? We could just as easily be looking at the future." I just stared wide-eyed at him, trying to comprehend the mindset that would lead to such a question.

I spent the next quarter of an hour correcting the assumptions he'd made before asking that question. But hey, at least he was willing to listen.

ToffeeMC

Nov 12, 2011
We were on a school trip to London, and we went past a row of Aston Martins. Quite a few people were amazed, but a girl made a fool of herself by saying who's Austin Martin?

She's 16.

Cr33dl0rd

May 5, 2011
Girl (14):Do werewolfs exist
Me: (are you fcking kidding me?) Yeah, in Canada they still wander around in the woods
Girl:(actually believes me) Really?!
Me:(improvising like a boss) Yes, but that´s because Canada used to be a Chinese colony.
Girl: wow, i didn´t know that.

I wish i was kidding, but this really happened.

GrimGrimoire

Aug 11, 2011
Ddgafd said:
My friend told me some guy he knew said that England is located off the coast of Norway.

A couple days ago, my mother asked me where the remote is. She looked for it for 10 minutes until I finally pointed out that it was on the table right next to her.
Your friend is not that far off actually, England is not far from Norway.

And the remote thing. Well I do that all the time...

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
"What Animal is Crash Bandicoot? He's a fox or something isn't he?"

also on a bus "Mate, your a virigin, I've bucked (belfast term for had sex with) 10 times more girls than you".

virgins have sex with 0 people, 10x0=0.