What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard or overheard someone say?

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
vrbtny said:
Today a kid in my class stated that Tony Blair was the Prime-Minister...

Soooooo.... Gordon Brown and the Coalition never happened?
Um.... Tony Blair was the Prime Minister, though; or are you taking the mick?

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Sexy Devil said:
mysecondlife said:
"I don't think the acting in Star Wars original trilogy was good. The acting in prequel series were lot better"

That was kind of dumb I guess.
To be fair, the originals have some pretty God-awful acting at times.

OT: In year 9 there was this girl who made a point of saying something exceptionally stupid at least once a week but I've forgotten it all so I can't really contribute. All the idiots in my high school dropped out by grade 12 so I've long forgotten it all.
I don't disagree. But it induced rage upon my friend who is a big star wars nerd.

Keneth

Oct 14, 2011
Fully grown man: *points at tiger* "Look kids, a Lion!!"
I totally did this when I took my sister's kid to the zoo. I have never felt like more of an idiot then at that moment.

My brother is a small business owner. He mainly does masonry and landscaping work but he'll do electrical and plumbing if needed. One of his former employees was quite possibly the biggest idiot I have ever met. This guy would believe ANYTHING you told him and would fall for the STUPIDEST pranks.

"Hey Steve! Go grab the 10 foot level out of the glove box in the truck."

"Hey Steve! This board is too short. Go to the lumberyard and buy a board stretcher."

"Hey Steve! Get in the toolbox and grab the bottle of Turn-Signal Fluid."

"Hey Steve! Did you know we wrote the word 'Gullible' on the underside of that 3-ton granite slab with a clear sharpie? Seriously! Go flip it over and see."

He fell for every single one, every single time.

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
"I hate christians so much. All they try to do is convert people to their ignorant beliefs, and people should be able to believe what they want! Christianity should really not be allowed."

To be fair, I myself actually manage to say some ridiculous things now and then. My mind tends to wander, and sometimes the brain fog settles in so much, I manage to say things like "When does the 13.15 bus depart?" Other things I manage to do in my depressive brain fog periods is, for an example, getting told by the chef at my work that a certain salad is off due to us not having enough feta or the like, and then as soon as I take the next order, nod smiling as the customers want three greek salads.

StrangerMouse

May 16, 2010
teebeeohh said:
"there were so many people in the senate when Cesar was killed why did nobody make a video or at least take a picture?"
That is... utterly remarkable. Seriously, now I will be forever haunted by the image of toga-wearing Roman senators whipping out their camera-phones.

OT, on DeviantArt someone said, and I swear I'm not making this up:

"Why are you Asian that's so stupid are you radioactive?"

Yeah.

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
Vault101 said:
CRRPGMykael said:
Any kind of religious or historically/scientifically inaccurate bullshit just brings my piss to a boil. Also, people accepting gays way too much. It's like, ffs. When you think about it, it's really a mental condition and not a "choice of life" or "personality trait" as many describe it. And yeah, whatever, if they wanna get married so fucking much just let them, but BY FUCK, don't let them adopt children (mindfuck).
?

its like you just contradicted what you said...

most reasons for disliking homosexuality seem to be religiously based. I mean whats wrong with it? can you expect all gays to turn hetero? people have tried that, Im not so sure it works. There is debate where gayness comes from...but from what I can see it is what it is, not somthing you can really prevent

as for the adopting children thing..I dont know, if I were in such a position my only concern about allowing gay coupples to have children would be the predjudice of OTHERS, not their ability to raise a child
I am atheist and judging gays just by saying "it's a sin" is ridiculous. I judge them because imagining a man with with a hairy ass fucking another man with a hairy ass is just......yeah, you know.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
my friend once argued that the sky wasnt blue on a day with a blue sky.

he actually convinced a bunch of people that he was right. in the end it was just two of us forcing him to look at the sky.

he then said the sky doesnt exist.

his argument actually made sense.
it wasnt that what he said was dumb or whatever, he's a borderline fucking genius. its just that he has to be right to the point that he said the sky isnt blue and doesnt exist.
he's the sort of person that would argue that black is white, write an essay on it and submit it as a doctoral thesis.

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
erttheking said:
CRRPGMykael said:
Oh look guys, a self demonstrating article. Someone talking about how he hates scientifically inaccurate bullshit before going off about scientifically inaccurate bullshit, INTOLERANT scientifically inaccurate bullshit too. Did not recopy due to there is a very good chance that post could lead to moderator retaliation, you'll have to hunt it down.
I don't really hate gay people as much as you may think I would. But how would you classify it? As a personality trait, not some kind of condition? Fuck off. Yeah, maybe the dictionary would say it's a choice of life or whatever but that's because the definition was altered after a bunch of gay people started protesting and going on about equality.
Intolerance? As I said, let them get married and do what they want (except adoption). You don't see me going like "OH THEY SHOULD ALL DIE".

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Hal10k said:
Scrubiii said:
maxmanrules said:
"But this only has three carbons"
A student looking at a picture of a hydrocarbon diagram of methane.
Which had four carbons.
That same student also came out with the brilliant observation "The clock is going backwards"
It wasn't
Doesn't methane have one carbon and four hydrogens?
Are butane and propane really so different? Must we separate our hydrocarbons based on the arbitrary number of carbon atoms that they have? What if your little 2-carbon molecule came up to you tomorrow and said "Daddy, I want to be octane when I grow up!" Would you have the heart to tell him "I'm sorry, Ethyl, but you just don't meet the chemical distinctions for that classification."

I dream of a society where all hydrocarbons are granted the same privileges, where we need not restrict the rights of our molecules based on their atomic composition. I dream of a future where 1-carbon and 4-carbon molecules may walk arm in arm, and still call each other "methane".

Thank you, and good night.
Ethyl, classic. When I say lol to this I mean it in a literal, my dad thinks I sound like I'm having a fit, sort of way. Lol. Actually, maybe I can clear some space on the floor...

OT: "Aren't racist thursdays a nationally accepted event yet?"

"Does KFC do fried turkey for christmas?"

"How about if we assume the solution is based on the ratio between the angles from the primary axis of rotation, looks good, Awwwwwww yeah! You my ***** mechanics! Bangarang you ************!"

Ok, I'll admit, these were all me. I can be a very smart person when I want to be, but I have a bad habit of opening mouth before engaging brain.

newdarkcloud

Aug 2, 2010
"Do cows exist in other countries?"

This was a question that somebody asked. Yes, (name withheld) was being serious.

Russell Fidler

Dec 14, 2011
Long time ago during my middle school life, someone seriously without even joking asked out english teacher "where's 'T' in the alaphabet"

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
CRRPGMykael said:
Any kind of religious or historically/scientifically inaccurate bullshit just brings my piss to a boil. Also, people accepting gays way too much. It's like, ffs. When you think about it, it's really a mental condition and not a "choice of life" or "personality trait" as many describe it. And yeah, whatever, if they wanna get married so fucking much just let them, but BY FUCK, don't let them adopt children (mindfuck).
Actually, I think this is the dumbest thing I've heard someone say.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
CRRPGMykael said:
Vault101 said:
CRRPGMykael said:
?

its like you just contradicted what you said...

most reasons for disliking homosexuality seem to be religiously based. I mean whats wrong with it? can you expect all gays to turn hetero? people have tried that, Im not so sure it works. There is debate where gayness comes from...but from what I can see it is what it is, not somthing you can really prevent

as for the adopting children thing..I dont know, if I were in such a position my only concern about allowing gay coupples to have children would be the predjudice of OTHERS, not their ability to raise a child
I am atheist and judging gays just by saying "it's a sin" is ridiculous. I judge them because imagining a man with with a hairy ass fucking another man with a hairy ass is just......yeah, you know.
then dont fucking imagine it...

its just as stupid, your reasoning is "ewwww it makes me UNCOMFORTABLE" thats just pathetic

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Somebody from school who knew I am generally good with computers asked for help opening her computer so that she could install a new HDrive. I start walking her through opening her computer tower by turning the thumbscrews in back. After a while she comes back to the phone and tells me that she had used a screw driver to open up the back of the computer but cannot see where the HDrive is supposed to go. After she gave a brief description of what it looked like inside I was able to deduce that she had disassembled her entire LCD monitor and components while it was still plugged in and on so that "The Computer" would know that a HDrive was being put in it.

I told her to unplug her monitor, take it to a technician to reassemble it, and to bring her computer to school so I could put the HDrive in myself. I then asked her if the HDrive was Sata or IDE. She checked the box and it was IDE and her motherboard only had Sata ports. 3 Strikes was enough to tell me she knew nothing about computers.

URGH! I feel my IQ dropping by proximity. But that is not the only thing, I told her to bring the computer tower and not the LCD monitor to school along with the HDrive since I had an adapter that I could use. She brought the LCD monitor which smelt really burnt. I tell her that the Monitor is not the computer. She replies:

"You do not know that much about computers do you?"

In the immortal words of Einstein: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Samson Savill de Jong said:
Vault101 said:
CRRPGMykael said:
that
huh? you got my quote mixed up..I dont think that at all

Super Six One

Apr 23, 2009
They never actually said anything stupid but i recently had chat with a workmate about WW2. He had no idea that america dropped 2 nukes of Japan, he didn't even know that they were at war during WW2. Im mean really? Thought that was fairly standard info?

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Hal10k said:
Are butane and propane really so different? Must we separate our hydrocarbons based on the arbitrary number of carbon atoms that they have? What if your little 2-carbon molecule came up to you tomorrow and said "Daddy, I want to be octane when I grow up!" Would you have the heart to tell him "I'm sorry, Ethyl, but you just don't meet the chemical distinctions for that classification."

I dream of a society where all hydrocarbons are granted the same privileges, where we need not restrict the rights of our molecules based on their atomic composition. I dream of a future where 1-carbon and 4-carbon molecules may walk arm in arm, and still call each other "methane".

Thank you, and good night.
... but... but... what if they mutate and become poly-ethylene?! We'd be doomed!!

And the kid's called 'Ethyl'... is he a radical?!

Urgh76 said:
Darkmantle said:
girl in my history class

"what happened first, world war ONE or world war TWO"

facepalm facepalm facepalm

*flies over to your town*

"Where is she?!?!"

*Follows your pointing finger*

*Grabs girl*

*PUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCH*
Here... you may want to hit her with this, I'd imagine it'd be more symbolic... and painful. *hands over Treaty of Versailles 1919*

teebeeohh said:
"there were so many people in the senate when Cesar was killed why did nobody make a video or at least take a picture?"
Who the fuck said that?! If you would be so kind to point them out so I can stove in their head with a marble bust of Octavian.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
I remember when I was in Invercargill, NZ there was an evangelist who would stand in a particular spot under a large clock and would spout his beliefs.

One of his friends was there, and I had come up with a different theory as to why Jesus let himself get crucified, so I spoke with him about it. After a few minutes of this discussion, he said the line that I would've given my lungs for it to be heard on National TV.

"Jesus is Man's sin."

I was so stunned by this statement, I had no idea on how to respond. The guy didn't realize what he said until he saw my face.

"No, Jesus is the reason why Man has sin."

By this point I was trying to not burst out laughing, resisting the urge to use these statements and go nuts. The poor guy was so aghast, I managed to compose myself to let him off the hook by telling him that I understood what he was trying to say and left.