What's the last game you bought with no prior series experience?

tankgunner92

Jun 5, 2009
I bought Red Steel 2 and STALKER: CLEAR SKY about the same time.
both are fantastic games by the way

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
I'll just list a couple can't remember which order I got them.

Splinter Cell: Conviction: It was fun until I started playing for just unlocking achievements. Reptitive.
Saint's Row 2: Money well spent.
Army of Two: The 40th day: Still haven't finished the first level even. Need two players to actually play it properly
Fallout 3: Great game still need to finish it and it's DLC.
GOW2: Like SR2 money very well spent.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Dragonage Origins, bought it cuz my friend said "it's gonna be awesome" no further research

[sub]Can't believe a Bioware game slipped past me like that[/sub]

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
CheesyGrin1992 said:
The last time I took a risk was a couple of weeks ago when I picked up Mass Effect cheap. It was a big risk for me, since it's rare that I play games set in space, let alone enjoy them.

A couple of days later, I'd picked up the sequel and I'm currently playing through the first one again after finishing both games. It's a risk I'm glad I took. I can't wait for the next one now.
Same on my end, although the last time was 2008 and my Father/brother hoped I would enjoy it since it just seemed to spend time only as a dust collector among my Father's collection.

Since then, it's been tucked away with it's own throne in my room.

Can't say the same for the second one...

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Resident Evil 5

I quite liked it, though probably because I hadn't played the previous one. It is apparently more in the vein of another genre, and is pretty much unanimously described as inferior to the fourth installment.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
Without prior series experience? StarCraft II, which is terrible.
Last game period? Dawn of War II: Retribution

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Assassin's Creed 2.
I had tons of fun with it. Maybe I'll pick up the previous one. I'll probably pick up the next (not counting Brotherhood's glorified DLC).

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Valkyria Chronicles 2- I hadn't even heard of the first one. Did not regret my purchase one bit, and I have since played Valkyria Chronicles 1.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Civilization 5, i did play some other civ part on the PS one for like 10 minutes before i turned it off because i was an idiot, i wouldn't have enjoyed it back then anyway.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
Somehow I knew people would say Fallout 3. It was pretty alright for me. Personally, Fallout 2 was the best Fallout game, and if you haven't played it, I highly recommend it.

OT: Morrowind for me. I haven't played Arena or Daggerfall.

nuqneh1 said:
Mass Effect 2, Primarily because they only released 2 on the PS3, which is the only platform I could play it on.
Actually, Mass Effect 2 is released for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. The PC and the 360 versions came out a year before the PS3 one, if I'm not mistaken.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
probably Supreme Commander 2, and I bought that during the steam holiday sales. I'd say it was worth it, and it certainly got me looking for a copy of the original.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
It was probably Persona 3: FES that I got a couple of years ago. I have never played the first two persona games, but I am really glad I got this. It was my enjoyment of Persona 3, that made me pick up Persona 4 and I love both games, they are my favourite RPGs of all time at the moment. I hope that Persona 5 (if they do one) lives up to its predecessors.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
Dragon Age 2!

Actually its given me a certain perspective on all of this rage about DA2. Since I never played origins I get to judge DA2 on its own merits.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
I pop'd my Shin migami tensei cherry with Persona 4 recently.

My opinion of it is rather mixed, i think i need more time with it to form an opinion.

I'm really digging the story, and music though, quality stuff.

Fenrir Strife

Nov 1, 2010
Minecraft. Obviously. I have had some experience of preeeeeetty much every other game I had played in the last 5 years....

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
Civilization V
yep, avid PC Gamer, never played a Civ before. I usually went to less intelligent games :p

But now I know why it's always One More Turn :-s

MattyDienhoff

Jan 3, 2008
Fallout 3. :)

I bought it because a very good friend of mine (who shares my love for the Stalker games) loves it and was raving about it. I now feel the same way so I'm really happy I bought it. I'm going to get New Vegas as well soon.