Whats the last thing that "Disturbed" you? (fiction or otherwise)

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
For me it would probably be one of those creepypasta threads on /x/. No idea as to which one or when but I can assure you that that would probably be the source. Also as so many are just reposts they also get a little lame after a while. So it was looooong ago now....

iamded

May 18, 2010
Hmm. Well, there was an animation I found on youtube after browsing the Crapsaccharine World page of tvtropes... Let's see if I can find it...

Ah, here it is. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_HReR_McQ]

Sure, it's intent was to be disturbing, that was the whole point of it's existence. But hey, it succeeded.

Another thing would probably be the Amnesia: The Dark Descent Justine story.
After going through all the effort of saving each of the 3 people, you end up locking them away at the end anyway because, in what was supposed to be a big suprise, YOU ARE THE JUSTINE! God damnit, would have been simpler and, if you think about it, kinder to just kill them outright rather than go through the trouble of saving them, giving them hope, only to have them starve to death locked in a basement filled with abominations...

Granny Smith 07

Nov 19, 2009
the thought that there are people out there who actually want to watch movies like hostel and the human centipede disturbs me quite frequently, these things or not entertainment, it's a crazy world

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Ill also add salad fingers...

I saw it as a kid and really didnt get it (other than wtf) now I can apreciate how everthing about it (music, pacing, his voice) is there to make you feel uncomfortable

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Granny Smith 07 said:
the thought that there are people out there who actually want to watch movies like hostel and the human centipede disturbs me quite frequently, these things or not entertainment, it's a crazy world
perhaps its more about "how far" you can go...as you eventually becoem used to stuff so you want to see how scared you can get

BlackEagle95

Apr 3, 2011
I'm not really into horror and things of that nature, so the last thing to really disturb me was the Demo for Bioshock. Just everything about it, the way the splicers would jump around and could pop up behind you in a fight, the derelict and destroyed look of rapture in contrast to the look of all the cheery posters, the sounds, the freaking little sisters, everything. I know I'm easily shaken, but damn.

It disturbed me, but not really deeply. It still made me shudder a little, and I immediately hugged my little nieces half to death.

I want more. I'm still mad I didn't get it in the Steam sale.

trollax

Aug 1, 2011
hulksmashley said:
I recently read the My Little Pony fanfiction Cupcakes. It goes beyond sick and wrong. It's wrongsick.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/Cupcakes
It made me laugh.Its was nice.

Mariakko

Nov 21, 2011
That scene in A Clockwork Orange where he has his eyes forced open and is made to watch those videos.

Xifel

Nov 28, 2007
Human Centerpede II I watched last night.

Note that the most disturbing thing of it wasn't anything in the movie, but the fact that it didn't effect me that much. It's kind of scary that I've become so jaded...

1mike1000

Jun 18, 2011
him over there said:
While it definitely isn't the most disturbing it is the most recent; Sonichu... just Sonichu. Any of you who know what I'm talking about I'm sorry any one who doesn't please don't fall prey to morbid curiosity.
Care to elaborate? Save a fellow Escapist from a horrible fate?

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Vault101 said:
Ill also add salad fingers...

I saw it as a kid and really didnt get it (other than wtf) now I can apreciate how everthing about it (music, pacing, his voice) is there to make you feel uncomfortable
Shitson, this. THIS. I saw that and lol'd my ass of with my friends when I was like 8. I just rewatched it and I was disturbed. Scary stuff.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
1mike1000 said:
him over there said:
While it definitely isn't the most disturbing it is the most recent; Sonichu... just Sonichu. Any of you who know what I'm talking about I'm sorry any one who doesn't please don't fall prey to morbid curiosity.
Care to elaborate? Save a fellow Escapist from a horrible fate?
I assume you haven't heard of it. Sonichu is this terrible recolor comic... thing that was made by this batshit crazy guy chris chan that looks like it was drawn by a seven year old. He has huge social and mental problems and in the later issues they start to come out in his work. Ironically someone on teh utubes called vivitheg has gone through the trouble of creating an expertly done audiobook version, with snarky deadpan comment annotations for those without enough will to get through alone.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
cerealnmuffin said:
There is this short story about a boy who starts to fancy his sister's barbie doll and having his first ummm experiences with a girl with it. He imagines a relationship with the doll until he starts falling for his sister's Ken doll and questioning if he is in fact gay. There is some imagery that will definitely stick with you and one particular scene that I would probably be banned for explaining. So yeah you should read it 0___o
That actually sounds rather interesting, what was the story called?

OT: The last really disturbing thing I read was in fact the text of SOPA. Creeped me the fuck out, that did.

automatron

Apr 21, 2010
Well last night I saw some of the deaths from the game corpse party.
That is some messed up stuff.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
BlackEagle95 said:
I'm not really into horror and things of that nature, so the last thing to really disturb me was the Demo for Bioshock. Just everything about it, the way the splicers would jump around and could pop up behind you in a fight, the derelict and destroyed look of rapture in contrast to the look of all the cheery posters, the sounds, the freaking little sisters, everything. I know I'm easily shaken, but damn.

It disturbed me, but not really deeply. It still made me shudder a little, and I immediately hugged my little nieces half to death.

I want more. I'm still mad I didn't get it in the Steam sale.
yeah the medical Pavillion (the first part) is the most disturbing

I think because of the subject matter..I find body horror..the kind that comes "within" terrifying, and so taking a look at what splicing did..and how they tried to correct it...

and of coarse the crazy platic surgeon

"good job doctor it looks great....."
"say...you ever notice how her face.....sags?"
"excuse me?"
"hand me the scalpel"
"doctor shes not booked in for a face lift....doctor..stop cutting!..stop cutting!"

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I was on ED and I came across a shock site. I don't really think I need to say anymore here, and I don't think I want to :(